Glenn Beck Sarah Palin Rally to celebrate the Military, Patriotism, and America

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Fox News commentator Glenn Beck has a dream about the rally he and Tea Party heroine Sarah Palin plan in front of the Lincoln Memorial tomorrow in Washington: A crowd that organizers say could reach 300,000.

Beck insists that the assembly -- on the same steps where Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech exactly 47 years earlier -- is not a political rally. Instead, it’s billed as a celebration of the military, patriotism and American heritage.

Organizers got a permit from the National Park Service that says they expect 300,000 people to attend, the Washington Post reported on its Web site.

a gathering of idiots

Catherina Wojtowicz, 41, is one of those who traveled to Washington to see Beck and Palin. She arrived in the capital yesterday wearing a T-shirt that carried Palin’s name and “Babies, Guns, Jesus.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...drawing-supporters-of-babies-guns-jesus-.html

Not political, lol. We already have a day for that, and the 4th of July was last month. Sounds more like a celebration of Glenn Beck.

If ever there were a time when an act of terrorism wouldn't exactly horrify me, it would be this particular weekend. :cheese:

Of course, terrorists must LOVE these guys. Anything that stokes the fires of war just gives them more "justification" for their actions against us. What a world.

I thought al sharpton was ...no seriously:

Beck’s rally will get competition from the Reverend Al Sharpton and other African-American and civil rights leaders, who will hold their own event tomorrow to commemorate King’s “Dream” speech and focus on improving education equality. It will conclude with a march to the site of a planned King memorial, near Beck’s rally.

this will end well

mlk-shot-1968.jpg

It would be fantastic if Zombie MLK rose from his grave and killed those two idiots.

That's gonna be an amazing concentration of stupid.

It would be wacky if there was a third gathering there as well, something unrelated like a hotdog lovers convention.

I thought al sharpton was ...no seriously:

Beck’s rally will get competition from the Reverend Al Sharpton and other African-American and civil rights leaders, who will hold their own event tomorrow to commemorate King’s “Dream” speech and focus on improving education equality. It will conclude with a march to the site of a planned King memorial, near Beck’s rally.

this will end well

Race war 2010?

Plus I want me one of those 'Babies, Guns, Jesus' t-shirts.

DO WANT.

No really. I love shirts like that. They seem to piss people off.

ya but a Palin shirt threatens to put you in the "I'm with stupid" camp. and we all know you're not stupid .......right???? ;)

also I'm surprised the t-shirt doesnt come in one size only: XXXXL

I'll be attending this rally!! guys be nise!

jk what idiots! I just hope nothing stupid comes out of this aka more idiots gathering

So, any meteorites heading that way? Tornadoes perhaps? Hoards of angry Mongolians?

Another idiot convention.

Did you know that Glenn Beck raped and murdered a young girl in 1990?

299977639v8_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

unless you're a secret Palin Supporter <heats up tar, picks feathers>

I would so buy that shirt if I had the money. I'd be the coolest hipster in the world.

That's an oxymoron, there are no cool hipsters

I'd still get that shirt though.

Go away America.

Bah, you're just jealous of our wealth and freedom!
(just kidding, of course, though I wouldn't blame you if you hit me over the head with a baseball bat)

But I doubt many people will be taking these two seriously.

But I doubt many people will be taking these two seriously.

Sadly, you couldn't be any more wrong. The nutback and the bimbo have hundreds of thousands of hateful, gun totting, religious drones following their gospel. We wouldn't be even talking about this if Obama was white and didn't have that particular ethnic name. Let's face it. This country is filled with ignorant bigots and the Tea Party is a prime example of that.

Wow a lot of hatred fuming from the left on here. Rally's pretty decent from what I've seen on TV and on the news. Bigass turnout.

Also interesting to see Martin Luther King Jr's niece is a part of Beck and Palin's rally instead of the other one.

capt.fe35cc139c514e8885c1cf10a6200d8e-fe35cc139c514e8885c1cf10a6200d8e-0.jpg

They're estimating the turnout was 400,000+ (low end estimate) to 1,000,000 + (high end estimate)

that's ****ing huge!

Dissenting? That's very kind. More like functionally retarded and in a position of power/leadership.

Talking about Glenn Beck. Parah Sailin' too for that matter. The Obama administration is actually trying to fix this country after the trillion foot deep trench Bush threw it into.

As much as I know you'd all love to have dissenting views snuffed out, he fortunately is still alive and well.

Uhhh no... I wouldn't want dissenting views snuffed out. Your blanket statements are retarded.

Deathmaster is alone in the fact that he's always talking about assassination.

As much as I know you'd all love to have dissenting views snuffed out, he fortunately is still alive and well.

Well, if by dissenting you mean "moronic", then: yes, yes I would love that.

Well, if by dissenting you mean "moronic", then: yes, yes I would love that.

Well we don't go for that here. We have a little something called the first amendment of the US constitution, with a thing called the second amendment to safeguard that one.

I guarantee you if somebody tried to assassinate a person at that rally, and they could be seen by the people at the rally they'd be quickly gunned down themselves. I'm sure there are a lot of armed citizens at that rally.

I'm sure the gunner would have little concern for themselves. And stop taking me so damn seriously.

I wonder how many would have been there regardless if glenn beck wasn't

We have a little something called the first amendment of the US constitution, with a thing called the second amendment to safeguard that one.

Well, glad to see you support the 1st and 2nd amendment. But please, can you explain to me why many, many people (mostly conservatives) want to remove/rework the 14th amendment? I mean, is the 2nd amendment holier than the 14th? Because it sure comes across that way (I dont mean you personally, just conservatives in general).

I have a friend who actually went to it.

He says it wasn't political. It was mostly an event to honor our troops and to pray for them. So by the sound of it, it may have been an actually pretty nice event.... if you are religious and honor our soldiers. Imagine a political rally without anger or attacking the other party.

I think Glenn Beck is normally a ridiculous blowhard but it sounds like he is behaving this time.

Well, glad to see you support the 1st and 2nd amendment. But please, can you explain to me why many, many people (mostly conservatives) want to remove/rework the 14th amendment? I mean, is the 2nd amendment holier than the 14th? Because it sure comes across that way (I dont mean you personally, just conservatives in general).

I don't know of anyone personally who says to repeal the 14th amendment. I've only ever seen that on the net. I can only assume it'd be some that don't like Mexicans? It's certainly not "many, many people" like you say. It's a small minority. That's like me saying "many, many liberals want to repeal the second amendment completely" Some do, but most US liberals dont favor full on gun control and polls show that. Politicians is a different story (for the second amendment issue, not the 14th- no politician would dare touch the 14th for fear of a backlash from hispanic voters).

If you're born here, you're a citizen. There is no other country you can feasibly be deported to because

A: You're not a citizen of that country
B: You've never lived there in the first place, ever and
C: You're a god damn United States Citizen and that cant just be taken from you.

Anybody who uses the terms anchor babies or anything like that is a redneck racist. It doesnt make sense either, because it does the illegal parents no good to have an "anchor baby" as some people claim. They can still be deported and the kid taken into state custody. So the arguement doesnt stand up anyway.

Birthright citizenship is an important aspect of the constitution that needs to be protected.

Well we don't go for that here. We have a little something called the first amendment of the US constitution, with a thing called the second amendment to safeguard that one.

I guarantee you if somebody tried to assassinate a person at that rally, and they could be seen by the people at the rally they'd be quickly gunned down themselves. I'm sure there are a lot of armed citizens at that rally.

Anywhere but DC, probably. But I have no doubts they'd be quickly arrested for having an illegal gun in our nation's capitol.

Anywhere but DC, probably. But I have no doubts they'd be quickly arrested for having an illegal gun in our nation's capitol.

I keep forgetting how backwards a lot of the country is compared to Arizona.

Back