Gotta love New Jersey!

Reaction score
Teen drivers in New Jersey are about to be called out. It may be the next best thing to a megaphone alerting police and possibly everyone else on the road: Beware! Teen Driver Behind The Wheel of This Car... as in, lethal weapon, get into defensive driving mode. A new law will require cars driven by kids to sport a reflective decal warning fellow motorists who exactly is behind the wheel.

Governor Jon Corzine signed two bills Wednesday. Kyleigh's Law requires all new drivers with special learner's permits, examination permits, and provisional driver's licenses (mostly 18 and under) to put the decals on cars they drive. The other law puts much tougher restrictions in place for teen drivers.

I swear New Jersey hates teenagers.

When I got my license I had to wait till I was 17 and a half. Then I didn't even have a basic license, I had a provisional license. Which means I couldn't drive between midnight and 5 am. I also couldn't have anymore than one non family member in the car and if there was an adult you could have as many people as you want in the car.

Now they're changing the provisional to a probational and you have to be off the roads at 11pm. You're only allowed one person in the car, unless there's someone over 21, who has had a license for three years THEN you can have three kids in the car.

DangerTeenDriverbumpersticker.jpg

I have no problem with this. it makes it easier to identify who I should run off the road with my car. get the **** out of the way

meh the added bonus is that you're all easier to identify ..usually only stopping to take a good look at the corpse works

I have no problem with this. it makes it easier to identify who I should run off the road with my car. get the **** out of the way

I'm surprised you don't think this is a huge conspiracy. Probably because you didn't post it right?

Really pointless, but I do hate teen drivers.

Eh, I don't see how Teens are any worse on the road than an old person or even someone on their cell phone. Just today, I was coming up on some guy stopped at a stop sign, and he pulls out, and by the time they were even touching my lane, I was pretty much at a dead stop. Thank god for good brakes.

Can this be applied for old people as well? They're just as bad.

I dunno, teens try the whole "impressive" car shit more than any other drivers... always speeding fast, turning fast, making U turns, yelling out their window, and honking horns, running stop signs more than anyone else.

I've definitely come close to being hit by a teen running a stop sign than any other driver.

How about we just require stricter testing?

All we're doing now is acknowledging a problem, labeling it, but doing nothing to fix it.

Seriously though, don't the statistics show that teens suck the most/most dangerous drivers? Isn't the accident/death rate related to driving pretty damn high for them?

That old people thing is a myth though.

However, flagging teens is stupid. A far better idea would be flagging drug addicts, alcoholics and obsessive cell phone users.

Take the ****ing bus or just use your ****ing legs. Teens don't need cars.

In France you can start driving with an adult at the age of 16 and by yourself by the age of 18. You must have an "A" sticker at the back of your car ( Aprenti = Leaner) for 3 years.

You must pass the theorie test and a minimum of 30 hours of driving lessons. The permits costs 1500 USD ( 1200 Euros)

What about your countries guys ?

I dunno, teens try the whole "impressive" car shit more than any other drivers... always speeding fast, turning fast, making U turns, yelling out their window, and honking horns, running stop signs more than anyone else.

I've definitely come close to being hit by a teen running a stop sign than any other driver.
Well, I can count on one of my hands how many times a teen has about killed me by running a light/sign, and it's always the adults that seem to run those items more and about T-Bone me.
That old people thing is a myth though.

Uhh, late April Fools? Nobody can be this naive.

ZT you aren't far off the driving age here in Jersey. You and I are still considered the "teen drivers" here.

In France you can start driving with an adult at the age of 16 and by yourself by the age of 18. You must have an "A" sticker at the back of your car ( Aprenti = Leaner) for 3 years.

You must pass the theorie test and a minimum of 30 hours of driving lessons. The permits costs 1500 USD ( 1200 Euros)

What about your countries guys ?
It's free, wow you guys got jipped.

I thought that studies showed that people were LESS likely to give space to people who had signs saying things like "driver in training" or "teen driver!" or "baby on board!" and in fact behaved more recklessly around them, like cutting in front of them or honking at them. I remember reading about a controlled study in which they filmed from an identical car with and without the sign driving along the same route and then counted the number of "incidents" and the average space between the cars.

It seems that when people read a sign like this, they are more likely to get "road rage" and perceive the other driver to be "inept." If there is no sign, the other driver is willing to give more leeway to them, blaming it more on the circumstances than on the inadequacy of the other driver.

Australia has had something like this for bloody ages, although it's restricted to L drivers, not teens (but most L drivers are teens, so nyeh)

Older drivers are in much fewer accidents than new driver. Driving experience prevents accidents much more than good reflexes, etc.

I don't do that. :(

Take the ****ing bus or just use your ****ing legs. Teens don't need cars.

Maybe not in the city where you live. I think things are a little different in rural America.

It would be impossible to live where I do without a car or some other form of powered transport, as the nearest supermarket/place of work/college/anything of note is ten miles away. The nearest shop is in a village three miles away. And public transport is almost non-existant.

It's no wonder there are so many loopy kids in this part of the country. There's nothing for them to do.

I thought that studies showed that people were LESS likely to give space to people who had signs saying things like "driver in training" or "teen driver!" or "baby on board!" and in fact behaved more recklessly around them, like cutting in front of them or honking at them. I remember reading about a controlled study in which they filmed from an identical car with and without the sign driving along the same route and then counted the number of "incidents" and the average space between the cars.

It seems that when people read a sign like this, they are more likely to get "road rage" and perceive the other driver to be "inept." If there is no sign, the other driver is willing to give more leeway to them, blaming it more on the circumstances than on the inadequacy of the other driver.

It's true. Riding a small bike with L-plates was not a pleasant experience. A friend of mine tried taking his off as an experiment and found it made a massive difference, unfortunately that's illegal and it's 3 points on your license for each missing plate. 12 points and you get banned. :rolleyes:

Older drivers are in much fewer accidents than new driver. Driving experience prevents accidents much more than good reflexes, etc.

So teach people to drive properly in the first place instead of relying on luck to keep them safe. Of those experienced drivers, they might be safer but the vast majority of people still have absolutely no idea how to handle their cars properly. Evidenced by the hordes of highly irritating people who do 40mph down derestricted bendy roads and then continue doing 40mph in a 30mph village.

Dozens if not hundreds of bikers a year in the UK must lose their lives because the test is about as relevant to riding a bike at speed as it is to tap dancing. Interestingly, as bikes go, the riskiest group are 35-45 year old midlife crisis bikers who buy a sportsbike which will outperform a Veyron and have no idea how to ride it. Then they kill themselves.

FU- yeh bitchez essex is da biz. innit.

corsa-bodykit.jpg

Dear god.

Why can't these people comprehend that you can't polish a turd. :|

Ferrari with loud exhaust = cool.

Saxo with loud exhaust = hilarious.

Dear god.

Why can't these people comprehend that you can't polish a turd. :|

Ferrari with loud exhaust = cool.

Saxo with loud exhaust = hilarious.

exactly my thoughts whenever i see one.

chavs.

Bigup da Saaafend massif!

I've had these cocks try to race me off the lights before, which is always hilarious. Saxo vs. sportsbike...hmmmm.

Bigup da Saaafend massif!

I've had these cocks try to race me off the lights before, which is always hilarious. Saxo vs. sportsbike...hmmmm.

ooo ooo, lemme gess! frucking saxo won dinnit? bykes r fo fags.

saxo frucking car of deh century, nowat. innit.

edit:

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/member.php?u=75648

this guy is our newest member, hasn't posted once, yet he is banned wtf?

can't think of anywhere else to mention this

Y i fittd a red powrband 2 mi car, gives it 200 mor BHP! and supa torque wif ma SICK MODS bruv!

LOL Lotus Elise is 4 fags. mi wikkid saxo is way fasta!!!

Y i fittd a red powrband 2 mi car, gives it 200 mor BHP! and supa torque wif ma SICK MODS bruv!

LOL Lotus Elise is 4 fags. mi wikkid saxo is way fasta!!!

watsick, prowerbanned? RED. FRUCK.

Seriously, DANGER TEEN DRIVER. WTF? Just "Teen Driver" I could understand, but the ****ing DANGER in front is just rediculous. It ****ing reenforces a stereotype.

Meh, they're not proper Essex unless its a bazzed out Ford :p

'corse its really at my '89 metro van. nuffinks got shit on mi 998cc!

Back