GTA IV Sub Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
There has been some discussion about the possibility of a GTA IV sub forum in the gaming section.

What do you guys feel about this? Is this a possibility? I see this game being big especially considering the multi-player component and the group we already have set up for this purpose. A lot of questions will be asked for this game, and I don't see that one thread will be the best to suit all of the discussion that will be involved.

I agree with this movement. If the admins are worried about creating yet another sub forum in the gaming section, just replace the least active one we have now. Bioshock is long dead.

Sounds good, obviously going to be a big game with a lot of interest so would be well suited. Which reminds me, I still need to pre-order my copy!

I agree with this movement. If the admins are worried about creating yet another sub forum in the gaming section, just replace the least active one we have now. Bioshock is long dead.
Out with *Shock* it's Bioshock!

In with Gee, it's GTAIV!

I agree with this!

I was going to create a GTA IV thread today, but feared it may have been locked since there were already 2 others relating to it.

Go, go, go!

No. Why? Probably because once it's there, Munro will never be bothered to remove it once it's dead. Hello Bioshock. Otherwise you know, probably a yes.

Well Samon, Bioschock DOES have a sequel coming...

but maybe a more general GTA sub forum?

HalfLife2.net

Haven't had a new subforum since mid-2007

No. Why? Probably because once it's there, Munro will never be bothered to remove it once it's dead. Hello Bioshock. Otherwise you know, probably a yes.

What's the point of having any sub-forums then?

I doubt GTA IV will be a game that will go incredibly inactive with forum posting for a good year or so and more.

But, whatever.

I think it's probably going to be big enough that it justifies it tbh. As I'm waiting for the inevitable PC version I'd rather not read any OMG!!!! Spoilers about the storyline.

I think it'd be sweet. BUT! With the GTA IV member group, the big ol' thread that's been started in General Gaming....

I see the obligatory my-new-game-needs-a-sub-forum thread has arrived.

If it was added it should be format neutral. No "Add your LIVE gamertag to play with voice chat with your Xbox 360 headset, after you're done using your Guitar Hero 3 guitar for Rock band when you buy it in Europe this spring!" threads.

I think a sub-forum would be beneficial because all the GTA threads that exist seem to get cluttered by tedious posts about why there's no PC version, why there should be a PC version, R* sucking because of no specific plans for a PC version......

etc.

There are currently 4 GTA4 threads on the first page of the games section, one of which is the longest thread on there (bar "Rate the last game you played"). The number is going to skyrocket once the game is launched. I recommend making a sub-forum before that happens.

I am entirely neutral.

Get out of here!

zappbrannigan25022198dwn1.jpg

Should delete the following forums to make way for a GTA IV forum:
  • Half-Life Series
  • Half-Life Story & Mythology
  • Half-Life 2: Episode One
  • Half-Life 2: Episode Two
  • Half-Life 2: Episode Three
  • Portal

We will get the GTA forum, if I have to sell a kidney to do it...

Wohoo! My little voice made it happen. :D

I deserve a cookie.

and the text I sent Munro telling him I was going to delete his site if he didn't come and do it.

But it's here now...so water under the bridge n all that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back