GTA V announced

That trailer will be a decent birthday gift.

I will be surprised if it can top GTA IV's Aphex Twin and Godley & Creme trailers.

Wondering what ever happened to R*'s game Agent. Haven't seen anything of it.

On GTAV, I really hope they improve the controls. RDR was a good step forward but entering cover and the like in GTA always felt so cumbersome.

I don't know, walking around in RDR was always rather cumbersome. Similar to GTA IV, it was often difficult to simply enter doors. Perhaps this was a sacrifice made in using the awesome Euphoria physics engine? Dono.

That's wild, last night I had a dream that I was telling my friend they hadn't announced GTAV yet.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Here's hoping they radically revamp some of the things to make a far more rewarding and replayable multiplayer experience.

Hopefully Rockstar will have taken what they learned about Red Dead and incorporated all that was good about it into GTAV, that will be one hell of a game.

I hope it isn't so serious as GTAIV. Less life simulator, more crazy mayhem.

Wondering what ever happened to R*'s game Agent. Haven't seen anything of it.

Yeah, what the hell ever happened to that?

Exciting news to be sure, but i think I would be happier with RDR for PC. Still, they have another opportunity to get back the glory of the Vice City days. I really hope they can pull it off this time. IV was loads of fun, but by no means as good as GTA can be.

And yeah, Agent. I won't hold my breath. People are saying it is cancelled, but who really knows at this point? It was a neat idea it sounded like, but there are lots of those that never make it to store shelves. :(

I hope it isn't so serious as GTAIV. Less life simulator, more crazy mayhem.
Second.jpg. But I think Saint's Row has that niche cornered. Rockstar's done quite well with serious drama, as far as sales go, so they don't really have any incentive to bring back the unhinged crazy. :(

There's a middle ground they cornered before the deadpan bullshit that is Nico Bellic's story that came out, they could definitely return to at least have somewhat of a sense of humor. It's not an all or nothing kind of deal, ya know?

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City isn't quite Saint's Row levels of absurdity, but it's got a ****ing great sense of humor to it. I would argue the same for GTA: San Andreas, I think they're the two strongest entries in the series altogether.

GTA can do whatever it wants, Saint's Row aside. Hell, people would buy Grand Theft Auto: Pandaria just because of the buzz the name 'GTA' generates - but I ****ing hope it's less of a lame protagonist and that it doesn't try to take itself quite as seriously as IV.

I'm looking forward to it. I'm happy for Saint's Row to keep occupying the goofy category, I like a bit of realism like GTAIV... but I do think there is a ton of room for improvement over how everything was in GTAIV.

Although I wouldn't mind some throw back to the more silly / humorous elements from early GTA games (I'm thinking mostly of GTA 2 but GTA 3 too to some extent)

never played gta4, I always thought it was a step backward. not to mention the crappy pc port.

I think the main problem with GTA4 is that they tried so hard to make the engine realistic and to have all of this immersive atmospheric stuff (people littering out of cars, interactions between NPCs on the sidewalk, etc) and spent so much time making the environment realistic and believable that they just totally dropped the ball on the campaign / story / characters. If they took the GTA3 (SA, VC, whatever) story/characters/missions and combined them with the GTAIV realism and immersion factor with a dash of the GTA / GTA2 goofiness and humor I think GTAV could be fantastic.

people littering out of cars

I honestly never saw this.

But yeah GTA IV's strong suit was it's immersiveness and the authenticity of it's environment, they just took it a bit far with the story. Same deal with Red Dead, tbh. Still loved em both.

I like how Niko lost hair between the pre-release trailers and the game.

Watching those trailers reminds me, I also hope the next GTA won't be so brown without mods.

I didn't see anything wrong with GTA4's story other than maybe a marginal over-use of 'LIFE EEZ TAFF' cliches. Thought the characters were pretty fantastic, in fact, even down to the minor roles like Phil Bell. For me, if Rockstar had just made the city a little more interactive and toned down the obsessive grind involved in keeping your friends happy, then they'd have had a near perfect game.

This time round, though, it would be nice if the PC port doesn't arrive horribly optimised, with every orifice stuffed with securom and useless social networking BS. TBH even the prospect of GFWL has me considering waiting until a year after release for some €5 Steam sale.

This time round, though, it would be nice if the PC port doesn't arrive horribly optimised, with every orifice stuffed with securom and useless social networking BS. TBH even the prospect of GFWL has me considering waiting until a year after release for some €5 Steam sale.

LA Noire won't use GFWL, and if you buy it on Steam it'll support Steamworks, hopefully this will also apply to GTA5!

I didn't see anything wrong with GTA4's story other than maybe a marginal over-use of 'LIFE EEZ TAFF' cliches. Thought the characters were pretty fantastic, in fact, even down to the minor roles like Phil Bell. For me, if Rockstar had just made the city a little more interactive and toned down the obsessive grind involved in keeping your friends happy, then they'd have had a near perfect game.

This.

I enjoyed the more "realistic" feel of GTA IV, it made the game more immersive for me.

GTA IV was the perfect game to me, San Andreas was too stupid. Granted it was a lot of fun, with so much to do, but the longevity was never there. I can still happily play IV for hours.

This is rather bizarre too, just last week I typed 'GTA V' into Google to see if any kind news existed on it. And now, a week later, they announce it. It makes sense though; 4 years between San Andreas and IV, next year will be 4 years since IV.

I want to see Vice City in the RAGE/Euphoria engine. That is all.

I agree with the immersiveness of GTAIV's setting, but story and character-wise I wasn't impressed. Vice City still has the most memorable characters and story of all of them, so if they could bring that back into a realistic and immersive city, I'd be happy.

I agree with the immersiveness of GTAIV's setting, but story and character-wise I wasn't impressed. Vice City still has the most memorable characters and story of all of them, so if they could bring that back into a realistic and immersive city, I'd be happy.

Indeed.

I'd like to see something in the vien of The Ballad of Gay Tony which combined the realistic city of GTA IV with fun, vibrant & over the top characters and missions that brought fond memories of Vice City.

Odd they're going straight to "V". I thought they only reserved numbered titles for when the series evolves. Unless I'm mistaken, they're still using the RAGE and Euphoria engines and are going to release this on current gen consoles.

Maybe they don't want people to confuse GTA IV: Something with another DLC.

fond memories of Vice City.
cqPB6.gif

current gen consoles.
Welp, let's wait for GTA VI then. Then we can see some real computational power put to use to create the next level of immersive and interactive world.

Getting tired of consoles holding back games.

GTA IV looked gorgeous on consoles. I'm sure GTA V will look as good. Probably better.

Looking forward to the reveal! I loved GTA IV :D

Welp, let's wait for GTA VI then. Then we can see some real computational power put to use to create the next level of immersive and interactive world.

Getting tired of consoles holding back games.
I heard next-gen consoles might have 1 entire gigabyte of RAM!!!! Can't wait to experience slightly better textures.

I'd like to see something in the vien of The Ballad of Gay Tony which combined the realistic city of GTA IV with fun, vibrant & over the top characters and missions that brought fond memories of Vice City.

Ballad really was the best of the episodes (including the original campaign). That one motorbike mission was ****ing bonkers.

Whispers of a female protagonist. Would be interesting, I'd like to see it.

Back