half life 2 feature film

Reaction score
If half life as most of us know, wont work as a live action film, why not make it animated like it should be? This is something im wondering?

What are you talking about? HL could easily work as a film, live action or otherwise. It would only require not being written or made by complete morons. The technology is available to make it visually stunning, and the story is already fantastic and popular.

What are you talking about? HL could easily work as a film, live action or otherwise. It would only require not being written or made by complete morons. The technology is available to make it visually stunning, and the story is already fantastic and popular.

I think a better way of putting it would be "it would require writing and development by brilliant authors/producers." Any average film studio would turn it into an action flick one would place under the "just another" category. The film would have to do the immersion of the games justice, especially if the movie revolved around HL2. Seems like HL2 would be less in danger of becoming a shoot-em-up movie given the doses of drama present throughout HL2 and the episodes, where HL1 was exclusively solo, one man and his arsenal versus the world(s).

Hey, It would be cool if this thread was closed!

I think Gordon should be played by animated Robert Downey Jr.

I think a HL film should be live action.

^ That's what she said.

It should also focus on someone other than Gordon. Either a new character or Eli/Kleiner/Barney types.

Yeah but look at what a good film Bloodrayne turned out to be, it was based on a game too!

Back