Half-Life 2 : Substance mod

the hud fonts are the ones from the film Speed,the rest is the same. Turn on that ugly crosshair from the Alba hud fonts by typing "crosshair 0". Fortunately the others won't find it anymore.

I got my 2.8 installed today. Runs Substance like a ****ing dream. I must admit this is the coolest damn thing ever. I am almost finished Water Hazard. Hitting combines with the airboat is so much fun. The green ones look like that dude in Splinter Cell.

Again good job.

exactly,splinter cell combine skin!

edit: here you can see some screenshots
http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/;36325

what is *my* official soundtrack for Substance in your opinion? An action filled work like this must have a background as Isis,Iron Maiden,AC/DC or Motorhead right? Nope: classical waltzers and Simon & Garfunkel.

Argg take the poison zombies/headcrabs out of the game they give me shivers!!

Zeus: when I was re-editing the airboat levels I thought it was unbelievable how much it was horrid to run over them,the effect is really horrible

has someone here ever tried cooperative play in HL2? I wonder if a 1st player could load a Substance savegame and a 2nd one join it immediately after.

I want to download it but I got a crappy gfx card and I don't want that to ruin the experience.
From the screenshots...wow is all I can say, nice work, and keep it up, maybe all the bugs will be gone by the time I can afford a good card :)

Limpet: I have a geforcefx 5600xt 256,amd 2800 and 512 ram and I can play at 800x600,texture medium,anisotropic 2x and the rest low or off

hmm. did you change the sound of that barnacle? man.. that was the exact same sound from HL1.. and i tell you, that sound aint realistic and old and not as fidelle as the rest of the sounds.

i havent downloaded it yet.. but if you were to change that, i will download it :p either way i'll download it once i beat the single player game first.

stamp: not yet,but if you have another sound compatible (i.e. from monster in another game) I'll see what I can do!

this is the prototype of the new demo walkthroughs.
Place it in your \hl2substance\ directory and then type in the console:
demoui
a player will appear,use it to play the demo. It's a still unreleased level,the third of Nova Prospekt
http://ludus1942.ngi.it/files/hl2s43demo.zip

xdiesp. I was thinking of something maybe you could add to the next release of Substance. Remember the E3 demo it showed people aiming down the machine gun and pistol using the "Suit Zoom" function. Could you maybe code this? The lack of a proper sniper rifle in the game was a massive oversight by Valve.

Im stuck with Geforce 420 MX w/ 64mb
everything has to be on low for me to play at decent fps

Limpet: yes,it's a bittle low on requirements...

Funky Munky: I know the command for a single shot,but I'll try it!

the 44th is complete,now breakfast. It's another Nova Prospekt level,one imho of the most difficult ones in the entire game. Since there is a fan of Substance that really hates antlions because he thinks they get all the enemies and you have nothing more to play with,I turned the stage team-mates from antlion to prisoners (rebels). I've also built some barricades more and added the normal quantity of extra gore. The stage is still really difficult,because if your partners now have ranged weapons,they can't respawn infinitely as the bugs.

Good stuff. So you have the first segment of Nova Prospekt done and dusted or do you have more done?

I think all NP has been done,the 45 should be the first of entanglement. I'm working on it now.

Downloaded the new patch last night. Still struggling to get through Sand Traps. I am seriously stuck at the antlion spawning parts. I mean 10 or 15 antlions spawn. Its crazy. I really think you should tone down the amount of antlions because people will get frustrated and pissed off.

Funky Munky said:
Downloaded the new patch last night. Still struggling to get through Sand Traps. I am seriously stuck at the antlion spawning parts. I mean 10 or 15 antlions spawn. Its crazy. I really think you should tone down the amount of antlions because people will get frustrated and pissed off.

I just ran past them and over the cliff. Use sprint

Funky Munky: are you talking about the level where you can't touch the sand? See how much unused potential for fun it had! :D If it's that one,tell me that tonight I make a demo walkthrough for it. Zeus is right,sometimes the best thing to do is run...

xdiesp said:
Funky Munky: are you talking about the level where you can't touch the sand? See how much unused potential for fun it had! :D If it's that one,tell me that tonight I make a demo walkthrough for it. Zeus is right,sometimes the best thing to do is run...

Fun? You think thats fun!?!?

Anyway I got past it jumping from ledge to ledge and sometimes simply runnin' and gunnin'.

no more need of the demo walkthrough so? :(
Really,when I was thinking how could I change that level to make it more interesting,the idea of deleting all the walkable props stung me and I couldn't oppose it...

Just a question...how exactly did you modify the single player game itself? Do you just open the maps and mess around with them or something. I would love to know.

I don't believe it's that as easy as just opening up maps and messing around with stuff. There's a lot of coding involved. Animations, dialogues, the whole course of the game would need to be changed :)

He's obviously good at coding because all the fonts are different and bullet time is coded into aux power.

Zeus: actually most of the coding is done by my team,I just ask them the right questions. You know,I just joined forces with the Jerry's mod and now I have to decide what could we pass

kathunx: cut it out,first the mod has already kick-ass recoding on all the fronts,second no leet reshaping of a cpp + recompiling it in VB6 is comparable to my usual 5hrs (at least) of work on each level. Try some math and see what it takes to do 46 levels this way,alone.

I have 5 versions of the modified shotgun cpp to see if I've found the option to mirror the model on screen,and my coder sleeps...

I'll be away for all this week. The level count is now 49,and will pause for 7 days

Funky: the good news is that if the installment comes later,it will contain more! The bad is I'm having a hard day with the coders: the old one that made the installer is unreachable,as is the one of the friendly fire + bullet time mod. I'll wait for them to return...

How many more chapters can we expect?

How far into the game can we play now when the newest release comes out?

as of now I've edited up to level 55. I plan to first release another patch for the full 041,one already containing some new weapon code,and then a new full one covering all the 70 levels,with more extras and some old level re-edit. Note that level 55 is the first one of follow freeman,plus I've already done 3 of the citadel and I don't plan too much more than a week to re-edit the last two chapters.

Back