Half-Life 2 : Substance mod

man how do u change the firing modes??? gosh i need a control manual >_<

darkfalz said:
man how do u change the firing modes??? gosh i need a control manual >_<

Go into options/controls I think and look for "change firing modes" or something like that.

by default the "cycle firemodes" is T,but you can change any of the commands at any time if you go in Options -> Keyboard.

On related news,I *finally* am back on broadband so I can see what was really uploaded two weeks ago when they put the 1.2 online ^_^

Too many controls and too much HEV switching crap for me. I dislike this. Gordon tales had potential though. And I do like the new weapons.

Switching class is not "absolutely" required,you can just stick with one HEV Form

Yeah, but I tend to suck at games, and the majority of the good weapons and ability things to get me through involve HEV switching stuff.

I dunno, I'd probably like it a lot more if that stuff was simplified and the Gordon Tales was just easier.

simplified? i'd say it's easy.. just press tab and you can choose a hev-form.. or f1 f2 f3 f4 f5..
or maybe the f1 things were deleted in 1.2..
or not.. i don't remember hehe but it's not as hard as it seems..

He means he doesn't have time to memorize which HEV Forms use which tactics,it's understandable and we know the game is a little more complex now

For some reason I can't copy those damn cache files(not sure if this has been mentioned yet, 42 pages is a lot :) ) Does anyone know what I need to do to get it working? I have more than enough space....

UltimaApocalyspe: if you have problems with the autoinstaller,you can download the Emergency Rar Version from this page: http://ludus1942.ngi.it/downloads.html But it requires you to copy the cache manually,as described in the txt inside. If you only need to copy the cache,however,just copy the half-life2\hl2\maps folder and paste it into the sourcemods\hl2substance directory

xdiesp said:
UltimaApocalyspe: if you have problems with the autoinstaller,you can download the Emergency Rar Version from this page: http://ludus1942.ngi.it/downloads.html But it requires you to copy the cache manually,as described in the txt inside. If you only need to copy the cache,however,just copy the half-life2\hl2\maps folder and paste it into the sourcemods\hl2substance directory

Thank you, long loading times annoy me :)

please tell me anyone how i do a shorcut to hl2 substance on my desktop?
i tried to make a hl2 shorcut and to write on the proprieties "-"the name of the game" and it did not work.
what i have to write there?

Half-Life 2 Substance is back! The 2005 original is available once again, rebuilt and expanded in an all-new 10th Anniversary Edition, thanks to the support of our community and the crews of System Shock Infinite and SMOD Standalone.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/substance

HL2S_title.3.jpg

Wow incredible memories of this mod, please tell me you can skill kick!? I played so many hours of this all those years ago.

Awesome to see the collaborative material you have in here from the end, maps from Strider Mountain, Das Roboss and MoP (Minerva), some of the best stuff from over the years. For new people to this, Substance was intentionally an 'over the top' frenetic version of the game, but super fun to experiment with all the weapons you're given. Glad to see it rebooted and fixed, since I assume it's been broken for years since SteamPipe optimisation.

For anyone who hasn't played this:
It's an interesting what if scenario of the HL2 stroy, where the humans never surrendered. It has a few weapons from the old hl2 story and files (Play MI mod for more details on those), plus a few new over the top weapons, and a crysis-like suit management.
It's worth the play, its not more than 4 hours id say, maybe even less

Substance is allive? installing it as we speak :D

The steampipe update sent us to hell, but we're going even deeper. What's new, is that we have more than just the vanilla and remastered campaigns. I put together a map pack of classic mods, thanks to the devs I got in contact with, and they can all be played with Substance's gameplay.

My only crux is not being able to convert the mod to SDK 2007 or 2013: some players are unable to run 2006, and I can't help them.

Have played the mod for some time now and i love it! Althou there are a few weird crashes (like a stack overflow error that i got for around 10 times) everything else is lovely! ty @xdiesp

Back