Halflife2.net Art Contest

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
[br]
1188144144_artcontest.jpg
[br]Artists, gather round! Halflife2.net is reviving our ancient past time of regular art contests, and the first one has arrived. The topic itself is very simple - Create a vision of City 17 in your own way. Photoshopped photography, freehand sketches, digital painting - whatever your medium, try your hand at it. The winner will be decided by the community in a public poll after the contest closes on the 9th of September and their name will be mentioned in a newspost on the front page here.
[br]
You must be a forum member to enter - if you aren't, it's very easy to register. Entries for the contest should be posted in this thread, and discussion of the contest belongs in this thread. I know we have a lot of great artists in the community, so get to it! [br] [br] UPDATE: The contest has been extended by a week. It now closes at 12pm GMT on Sunday the 9th of September.

Think I may have a go at this. My next art unit is focused [loosly] around people and places, and we just visited Paris and London to do lots of sketches and take loads of photos. If the course is anything like last year I should be analyizing all the work I've got and changing it to my own desire. Maybe I could kill two birds with one stone here as I was going to turn my photos of Paris into something HL2/1984 like...

Gotta wait a week or so until I get my actual course, mind.

There's no way I'll win but I'll give it a shot.

I think I'll have a go. My Intuos has been a little neglected lately, seems as good a reason as any to get back into the groove. :D

I could totally make a pixel art entry.... But I totally don't have the time with Isotown in the way.

Piss.

I think I'll have a go. My Intuos has been a little neglected lately, seems as good a reason as any to get back into the groove. :D

That's another problem for me - my tablet is borked. :( Need a new one ASAP.

I never had a tablet. It's pen and paper for me! :(

It's cool to see the Art Contest revived, but I don't know if a week is long enough to get enough entries.

This is awesome. Too bad I can't participate, but still awesome. Can't wait to see what comes out of it!

I thought the first picture said "grab your breasts"

D:

Contest extended. It will now last two weeks. I'd been toying with making it this length from the start, anyway.

Are we allowed to use Garrys Mod for images to photoshop, supporting photos and such? (I'm guessing the rule is no screenshots of user created Gmod prop/ragdoll stuff yeah?).

Are we allowed to use Garrys Mod for images to photoshop, supporting photos and such? (I'm guessing the rule is no screenshots of user created Gmod prop/ragdoll stuff yeah?).

Garrys Mod images not allowed (check the actual competition thread).

what happened to the contest where it was design the hl2.net banner?

You can use Garry's Mod sparingly for little tidbits if you want to make a photoshop, but you can't just take a picture in Garry's mod or make an "epic scene lulz" and post it.

[Edit] Also, please refrain from posting doodles or spammy MSpaint drawings. Like this post, they will simply be moved to the discussion thread.

btw, many pics in the "post your town being attacked were quite epic.." many would make good entries..

Garrys Mod images not allowed (check the actual competition thread).
You do realise that someone who knows what they're doing can get good screenshots from Half-Life 2 / user-created maps without Garry's Mod?

I concur. The "post your town..." Thread does have some pics though. If you haven't checked it out yet make sure you do.

If we make a photoshop composition, must all our source images be our own? Would royalty-free images be okay?

Back