Halflife2.net creative works contest

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey there folks. I have spare Steam and Desura keys for the Humble Bundle 2 after getting no. 3 so I've decided to get rid of them and get you fools to entertain me at the same time. So here is the Halflife2.net creative works contest. Basically I will name a theme and you will make something based on that. It can be a story, a poem, a song, a video, a drawing or a puppet or anything that you can post on the forums and they you made yourself. I'll leave it open till let's say the [strike]18th of September[/strike] people are saying the deadline was too long so I'm changing it to the twenty-second of August, so ye have a week. Then we'll have a public vote on all the entries.

The theme is, as suggested by Our Benefactors, is "D0g's day out". So get cracking. Submissions and discussion in this thread. I'll open a separate one for voting once we're done. I expect to see some effort here maggots! Also if anyone wants to donate your own spare copies of the Humble Bundle or other games so we can have multiple winners that'd be great.

So in summary:
Theme: "D0g's day out"
Deadline: 22th of August
Format: Anything that you can post
Prize: A key for the Humble Bundle 2 on Steam and Desura. This means:
  • Braid
  • Machinarium
  • Osmos
  • Revenge of the Titans
(and Cortex Command if that ever gets released on Steam)

Discuss.

I don't know enough about D0g to participate :(

Challenge accepted.

Krynn72 said:
I don't know enough about D0g to participate
Just sniff his butt, you'll learn everything you need to know.

Fixed. Also Veg, I'm expecting glorious pixel art of D0g.
Here's a picture of D0g roaming around town

lqYlM.png

Is this the forum member or the robot?

ooooooooh, I was totally thinking of Dog--. I thought his name looked odd when Riom posted it lol. HL2 didn't even cross my mind. Okay, I can do this then. Give me like a day or so.

I shall do something to honor the DOG as well.

EDIT: I hate you Vegeta. But thanks for pointing that out.

I would like to point out that there is one entry so far and it's pretty crap, so if one does make something there's a good change of winning.

Yeah, I was going to get D0G's model out of the SDK and render him out in 3D then photoshop him into this pic, striking a pose next to the girl, but the SDK sucks and I hate it so I'm not doing it.

I tried for two hours to get D0g's textures out of the SDK, but they were corrupted every time. I also already own all these games and was just going to be doing it for fun anyways, but the Soul Destroying Kit has done it's job well.

I made this contest to get rid of the Humble pack I had lying around. Now I was bored and made an entry for my own contest. That makes sense.

Back