Halo: CE remake coming 11-15-11

so now instead of making new games they will remake all the halos?

well is not surprising

>I mean the first game was pretty darn perfect
>pretty darn perfect
>perfect

awesome but will this feel like the remade Goldeneye, no one plays it because COD is a behemoth now

except that people do play the goldeneye remake, it has nothing to do with COD because the title is for the wii. completely different userbase to the millions of folk playing COD on ps3, 360 and pc. there isn't any comparison at all there.

so now instead of making new games they will remake all the halos?

well is not surprising

no, it's not surprising because it isn't bungie doing this. read the article.

It's definitely the best of the numbered ones. Haven't really played the two non-numbered.

Jesus, they really just milk the shit out of the Halo franchise. I'm not sure I've seen as many commercial spin offs for any other video game. There are halo toys, crappy halo movies, the whole shebang.

Why all the hate? The first game was great.

This is a smart move, honestly. Not everyone had an Xbox... what I actually mean is hardly anyone (not really of course). It's a smart move regardless, because it will sell like CRAZY.

Forgive my ignorance, but who owns Halo now? Microsoft or Bungie? Did MS get the rights?

EDIT: I thought Bungie went to Activision.

This is a smart move, honestly. Not everyone had an Xbox... what I actually mean is hardly anyone.

Forgive my ignorance, but who owns Halo now? Microsoft or Bungie? Did MS get the rights?
CE was PC too, and is an "Xbox original".

I better be able to bring my warthog everywhere.

Of course console. I wouldn't hold my breath for a PC version.

As of Reach, Microsoft acquired the IP. Bungie is slated to announce an entirely new IP sometime in the near future.

I hope they don't accidentally remake it with that unusually soulless feel the sequels and the spin-offs had.

I hope they don't accidentally remake it with that unusually soulless feel the sequels and the spin-offs had.
Pretty much this. Everything but the feature list has gotten worse since the first game.

This is ****ing retarded.

Re-releasing a game that isn't even that old to begin with? Come on.

It's ten years old. Wow, time has flown by huh.

I really enjoyed the first game in multiplayer. As long as that's as good (hopefully better) I might buy it.

Is it a true remake, or a re-telling of the same story, with gameplay innovations, because most of bungies gameplay innovations have been shite.

except that people do play the goldeneye remake, it has nothing to do with COD because the title is for the wii. completely different userbase to the millions of folk playing COD on ps3, 360 and pc. there isn't any comparison at all there.

no, it's not surprising because it isn't bungie doing this. read the article.

still this is microsoft,making a halo game,for xbox....and is a remake of the first one sos ure microsoft will go in full remake mode now whit the halo games

bungie and innovation in the same paragraph

bungie and innovation in the same paragraph
Party-based multiplayer, playlist-based matchmaking, Forge... they may not be the best game designers from Halo 2 onwards, but they definitely pioneered the face of online console gaming (and Forge).

hl2.net said:
Oh noes they are going to ruin Halo CE with a remake!

Yes, because Halo CE wasn't shit to begin with.
Even now I remember playing through it for the first time, and wondering: "When the hell is it going to get awesome? Surely, everyone that was raving about it couldn't have been this wrong."
Mediocre garbage, and one of the first games to introduce me to the dreaded "****ed up FOV syndrome" that most FPS games ported from consoles have.

I hadn't even heard any rumours about this prior to the announcement. Am I so out of touch with gaming news these days?:(

A decade ago I would have hoped they were going to keep the four awesome levels in and create the other half of the game properly, but hey. Nothing says 'the war is over' quite like a prequel followed by a remake.

A decade ago I would have hoped they were going to keep the four awesome levels in and create the other half of the game properly, but hey. Nothing says 'the war is over' quite like a prequel followed by a remake.
I wonder if/how much they're going to advertise for this though. Maybe it's a trail run for a new company to replace Bungie or something.

I wonder if/how much they're going to advertise for this though. Maybe it's a trail run for a new company to replace Bungie or something.
343 Industries?

You'd have thought that, if they wanted people to trust the direction the franchise was going in, they wouldn't have named the team after an annoying, instantly forgettable mascot most famous for its inability to get a bloody move on whilst leading your through what is unquestionably the least impressive level in the series, and definitely a candidate for 'worst level in a First Person shooter'.

Revolutionary it may have been, but it was also boring and repetitive as shit.

No not really. Halo CE was genuinely fun game. It never got repetitive for me.

Now every other Halo titles out there after that? Yes.

But Reach was ****ing fun.

What's wrong with a remake? Don't buy/play it if you don't want it and it'll be the same as if it didn't come out at all. I like having more options though so now I can choose whether I want to play it or not whereas before I could only "choose" not to play it. Same reason I don't mind unnecessary sequels like the Saw movies because I've chosen not to watch any of those sequels but I like the fact that I have the option to watch them.

The Halo: Combat Evolved remake is allegedly being developed by New Jersey-based Saber Interactive, the company behind TimeShift

Hmmm.

Back