Halo Reach

Warped

Reaction score
Yes we need an official thread for this because this game will probably be played by many for a long long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05MFKorWo9Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKRlWLDWhGI

Reviews

f60ee809.jpg

got my poster on my wall, it looks nice :E

halo-reach-le-x360-s-11.jpg

Halo Reach limited editions are nice for those who don't have the system or game yet

Is the single player/co-op campaign better than Halo 3?

The game hasn't changed enough over the years. You're getting the same basic game with the same engine year in and year out. I'm looking forward to Bungie making something new.

Man, I would love to play this. Shame I didnt bring my Xbox to uni...

Haters gonna hate. Halo is a fun game, it's just overrated. I won't miss out on playing it but maybe I'll play some co op with my friend and his brothers.

Kotaku doesn't know shit about anything....mhm

Beta was enough to convince me the mp wasn't a colossal piece of shit like Halo 3.

The game hasn't changed enough over the years. You're getting the same basic game with the same engine year in and year out. I'm looking forward to Bungie making something new.

Ugh, I'm pretty sure Valve did this for the past 7 years too

Beta was enough to convince me the mp wasn't a colossal piece of shit like Halo 3.

yes yes yes! played the beta and was impressed. I only wanted a taste though, cuz come 1½ hrs from now I'll be deep into it

I'm getting the limited edition what are you guys getting?

been playing this for the last couple of hours with a mate on heroic co-op, got to level 6 and decided now would be a good place to stop if we want to continue/finish it later on in the afternoon (i'm posting from 5am UK time, we'll get together again later) and so far, excellent. feels a lot like halo: combat evolved and everything sort of just feels right. surprised that we got half way into the game in under four hours on heroic but after the first mission we settled in nicely to the new styles of play what with the new weapons and armour loadouts. a few tough spots to crack with large numbers of elites and hunters but overall it's a good tough slog and some of the encounters are very varied in terms of approach and execution

time for bed, more later on

I'm installing my copy right now. Walmart gave me an extra $20 giftcard, a poster (i posted it earlier) and a hat

also played around a bit in the forge world and it really is everything and more sqeezed out of an already amazing editor. i cannot wait to see what people are going to do with this, nor can i not wait to get back to uni with my own xbox and really give have some time alone with this game.

oh and the new firefight verses with two people as elites and two as spartans is very, very fun. many laughs were had trying to hold off against incredibly smart a.i. plus a friend playing as an elite. the hologram loadout is the devil for getting snuck up on by the enemy using it.

Im baffled that people actually buy this. Im baffled that people play any of the Halo games overall.

If it's anything like CE I'll love it. 2 and 3 just felt dull compared.

Not getting the limited edition here, getting the regular, the extras in the Limited Edition don't seem worth it.

May actually pick this up today despite my earlier apathy towards this. The newer stuff and reviews certainly intrigue me.

PS: SOOOO pissed i didnt wait a couple months before getting a 360: got mine in may, slim is released in july and now the reach console is out today, argh, goddamnit! :(

Lambda, I was the same way only with the PS3, for the PhatStation3 only like 2 months before the the Slim one was announced, I was facepalming big-time when I saw the announcement.

I played 5 multiplayer matches including randoms and we won every round. then jumped onto firefight against the AI in an achievement hunting mission just to get used to the weapons, and spent all but 30 mins but realized getting to 1 million points seems pointless. i'll play the campaign when i actually have the energy and a decent group. go into the theater mode, to see all the detail, it was cool and also the snapshots looked really nice

Warped, do I have you on XBL?

If so maybe we can play some tomorrow.

Warped, do I have you on XBL?

If so maybe we can play some tomorrow.

I have to work 1pm-1pm Eastern. my xbox live gt is 'Dandan Manchild'

I think your are on my list btw. either way i do want to try the campaign out

Was watching a guy stream the singleplayer.

God I hate console fps POV *headache*

I've never actually played any Halo games- ever. Not even for a quick try/minutes.

Do they have this for PC? Might try it.

I know you can get the first one on PC, not sure about the rest.

I have to work 1pm-1pm Eastern. my xbox live gt is 'Dandan Manchild'

I think your are on my list btw. either way i do want to try the campaign out

Yeah you are as far as I remember, dunno what time that is GMT, I'm usually up and awake from 7AM to 10-11PM GMT+1(I think Eastern is GMT-5 or something?)

I've never actually played any Halo games- ever. Not even for a quick try/minutes.

Do they have this for PC? Might try it.

Halo 1 is quite a dated game, but it is for PC if you would like to try it. They released a demo for it so you could download that.

Halo 2 for PC from what I heard was a pretty bad port though.

play reach
same ****ing shit as halo 3
new engine looks exactly like the previous game
9 levels
cliche as ****
gameplay same shit
mediocre editor
regarded as second coming of jesus christ by the fanboys

dont mind me, just hatin on yo game bro

The only difference I can see is motion blur...

But its the biggest game ever, so how dare we mock its' monotonous generic-nous?

got it and played it, its fun and it got me back into playing halo which i havent done in years. It is fun but again just like the others nothing revolutionary.

The main reason I tipped over to buying it instead of renting is because:

A) lovefilm aint too good with new releases let alone an all new halo game
B) I have enough store credit to get me my next 3 games for nothing (now 2 after getting reach)

EDIT:
A Living Painting: There are points in Halo: Reach when the game seems to escape the confines of graphic animation, transcending the medium to become moving set pieces that look more like a pulsing Baroque painting than a video game. The blending of rich colours and dramatic presentation, cued to important moments, memorable movements in Halo: Reach is pitch perfect, used just enough to help burn the game’s high points into your conscience.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/09/halo-reach-review-a-beautiful-beginning-for-a-wonderful-end/

sigh -_-

Back