Headcrabs from Xen, how do they attach on people?

Rusty100

Reaction score
If headcrabs are from xen, then how come thay attach to people so well? what would a headcrab've done on xen?

They fit snug on anything that resembles a head. A small, knobbly head. Basically.

You do hear their screams of horror when they're on fire though, I doubt that's the headcrabs.

It's a combination of suction and sinking their teeth into the victims skull. Then they insert some sort of probe into the brain or spinal column.

Well tbh its a game, headcrabs are just there because its scary.......i mean what the hell does one of those spiky tree things do on xen?
Dont look into games things too deep.

short recoil said:
Well tbh its a game, headcrabs are just there because its scary.......i mean what the hell does one of those spiky tree things do on xen?
Dont look into games things too deep.
The Xen Food chain.

creepy fish maggots<head crabs<Spike tree<Creepy Fish thing<votregaunts===Alien Grunts<Hydra><><Gargantuan<><><> Big moma.

Also if you notice the head crabs through trail and error keep jumping on you until the find your central nervous system.

Headcrabs are Combine special anti-human biologiacal weapon created on Xen.

Very unlikely, seeing as they were in HL1, before the Combine invasion and (just) before the Combine got attracted to Earth by the cascade.

"Headcrabs are from Xen, Scientists are from Earth."

If you kill a barney and go the next stage and find he's still there, does anyone care?

short recoil said:
what the hell does one of those spiky tree things do on xen?

What's a spiky tree thing? I've been through HL2 several times and I can't think of what you are refering to.

aPacifist, you can go through HL2 ten more times, and you will never go to Xen... he's talking about the Xen levels in HL1 and I think he means the ones that smack you when you walk past them.. or maybe not.

They never smacked me, and I played it yesterday.

Headcrabs where not engineered by the Combine.

Polaris said:

Original HL...you can kill a barney or scientist, but copies are all around the game.

The point being it's a game, so the question is silly.

There is only ONE Barney, from Blue-Shift, sold in Valve's platinum box, and those spiky plants are called xen trees, and if you walk by them they do try to impail you, that one movement is their reflex to everything.

back on topic... it's kinda weird, I always thought of vortigaunts as "people" on xen and the other creatures like headcrabs as animals.
so they would attach to alien grunts and slaves

Headcrabs, leeches, snarks, bullsquids, houndeyes, gargs(I think), tenticles, black headcrabs, fast headcrabs, antlions, antlion guards, all xen plants are natural wildlife on xen but the vortigaunts are intellegent human-like beings being mind controlled by a superior race. Grunts are genetically engineered warriors so they are artificially created by xen masters through voritgaunts.

oh and by the way headcrabs were trained not to attack vortigaunts/grunts such as Lamaar

Headcrabs may not even be from Xen though. The combine may have just found them on some completely unrelated planet and found them to be useful as an incredibly effective biological weapon. Obviously this is what they do, as can be seen in places like Ravenholm. Xen and Earth have both been invaded by the Combine and are now subequently both invaded by headcrabs.

So yeah.. I think they are synths. Like Striders and Gun Ships. (I guess that technically, the Combine Overwatch are synths as well. Does that sound right?)

The Combine were already there before the Black Mesa incident. Headcrabs are Xen wildlife much like the Bullsquid which was supposed to be only feeding plants and animals found in Xen until they were introduced to a different habitat like Earth where same as any animal would try to adapt inorder to survive which ended preying on humans.

Rusty100 said:
they are in hl1, way before the combine.

hl1 happened because of the combine. they convinced breen to trigger the resonance cascade.

No they didn't.

I'm starting to warm to this idea of saying things with no basis whatsoever.

HL2 was made by aliens.

Hobophobic said:
hl1 happened because of the combine. they convinced breen to trigger the resonance cascade.
The Combine had no motive to do that.

Headcrabs are Xen wildlife, in Raising the Bar it explains how very few headcrabs mature to their final stage, the Gonarch(big momma), so I don't think they were engineered by the combine to do that... :LOL:

Back