Heavy Statues, Cuddly Zombies, and Hemophilia.

Dekstar

Companion Cube
Reaction score
1272750628_TripleUpdatehl2net.jpg
[br]This week, our statue-like hearts became all soft and cuddly, and then started bleeding profusely. This is due to these three pieces of news:[br]Gaming Heads, a merchandising company with over 10 years of collectables experience, are releasing a slew of collectable items based around Team Fortress 2, Portal, Half-Life, and Left 4 Dead 2. The first release will be a 12-inch tall Heavy, in both Blu and Red team colours. Soon though, the entire Valve line-up will include:[br]
  • 18 inch statues from Half Life 2
  • 12 inch statues from Team Fortress 2
  • 12 inch statues from Left 4 Dead 2
  • Life-size props
Hopefully Life-size props are where the Portal tie-in is based. Life-sized sentry, anyone? The Heavy statuette will be available for pre-order on the third of May.[br]As well as the lovely statues, Valve are going soft, with an entire range of Left 4 Dead 2 special-infected plushes designed by Alexandria "beavotron" Neonakis, the same person who created the hilarious Steam Holiday Greetings cards. The boomer is already available here, so go get it! Of note is that if you squeeze your cuddly boomer, it makes sounds taken from the game.[br]And finally, Valve are changing up their mutations. Last week's Versus Realism has been switched for the deadly 'Bleed-Out'. As survivors, you are no longer truly safe as your health is constantly plummeting towards zero. The only saviour you have is the odd bottle of pills and occasional adrenaline injection. Unlike the previous mutation, Bleed-Out is a campaign change. More information can be found on the Left 4 Dead 2 blog.

Fifty dollars for a freaking plush? How much are they going to charge for the Heavy STATUE?

Fifty dollars for a freaking plush? How much are they going to charge for the Heavy STATUE?
Oh it should be noted that the plush also makes boomer sounds when you hug it. I'll update the news post to reflect this. Forgot to put that in :E.

so tempting,but sure will deplete very fast even at the possible price

Updated the original news post now. Added some extra information too!

I can't wait to hear what types of props they will be making, but I am massively disapointed that these statues are 12" and 18", they are going to be so ****ing expensive.

Just give me a 7" Gordon figure please!

I cant wait for the hl2,wonder what will be besides gordon alyx and gman and such?

sure there will be one of dog,and maybe a strider?

I'm thankful I lost my debit card and that their site isn't all together yet. Fifty dollars just for the plushie? I don't know what I would be prepared to spend on a Gordon Freeman statue, let alone a fully posable articulated Alyx.

Does the Valve store have an international shipping option? Last time I checked they said they couldn't even deliver to the UK. :(

Don't know about UK, but they don't ship to where I live. Keep in mind, Gaming Heads is responsible for the shipping, not Valve.

Yeah, 50 dollars for a freaking plushie? Might as well buy a hoodie or t-shirt. They are cheaper. But even so, I would like to see waht the other designs are like.

I'm thankful I lost my debit card and that their site isn't all together yet. Fifty dollars just for the plushie? I don't know what I would be prepared to spend on a Gordon Freeman statue, let alone a fully posable articulated Alyx.

shockd.gif

Does the Valve store have an international shipping option? Last time I checked they said they couldn't even deliver to the UK. :(
I've had stuff delivered to Ireland, but the shipping costs are horrendous.

I've had stuff delivered to the UK. Like Rimfire said it's pretty high cost, but worth it.

They have a cheaper shipping option now, think it has no insurance though. I've used the cheaper one (think its about $16) and I got my stuff fine. :)

Is Valve like stupid or something? They sure seem to put out that vibe these days.
I thought Valve just licensed the characters to them.

I'm pretty sure Gaming Heads is setting the price on these.

1/6 Medicom figure, fully articulated RAH body, loads of accessories and interchangeable parts, cloth, rubber, or leather clothes: $120-$200, even for some exclusives in 300-limited runs

1/6 Hot Toys Iron Man, fully articulated, panels open, LED ARC reactor and repulsors, alternate head, alternate hands, working forearm rockets, attachable shoulder-mounted missile pods: $150

1/6 cold cast statue of the Heavy, doesn't move, doesn't come with any interchangeable parts, no diorama base, no frills of any kind: $230 goddamn dollars

MEANWHILE AT VALVE

"See guys? I told you if we sold toys, they wouldn't make any money."

2qlhc7q.jpg

Not at all surprised at the price because they seem like a very small company.
That said, I would not buy one.
That said, I wouldn't even buy Gordon.
That said, why the **** didn't you just let Neca handle this Valve?

You think this is expensive, wait until the props, mother****ers.

That said, why the **** didn't you just let Neca handle this Valve?
You and your NECA boner. I don't want ANY kind of HL statues, but at least with the Gaming Heads statues I'd be assured they'll STAND UP UNDER THEIR OWN POWER. Unlike most NECA garbage. I'm looking at you, Predator figure with friggin' one thigh cut joint that does NOTHING to help your awful, awful balance.

You and your NECA boner. I don't want ANY kind of HL statues, but at least with the Gaming Heads statues I'd be assured they'll STAND UP UNDER THEIR OWN POWER. Unlike most NECA garbage. I'm looking at you, Predator figure with friggin' one thigh cut joint that does NOTHING to help your awful, awful balance.

Uhm, hey, have you seen ANY of the game figures they do? -Issac Clark? Amazing figure; ****ing joints everywhere on that bitch and AND a ****ing light up helmet and spine.

God, you are gay.

^Dorks are the new Jocks, bro, GET WITH IT.

I have a hard time imagining anyone who'd want a 12'' statue in the first place... too big to keep on a desk, and too small to fondle sexually.

Uhm, hey, have you seen ANY of the game figures they do? -Issac Clark? Amazing figure; ****ing joints everywhere on that bitch and AND a ****ing light up helmet and spine.

God, you are gay.
NO YOU ARE THE GAY

NECA, as a company, is pretty hit or miss. When they hit, they do it pretty well: NBC, TMNT, Coraline. When they miss, you get horrendous shit like the SFIV Player Selects, Hitman, Bioshock, Altair, GoW, Resident Evil, Castlevania, Alex Mercer, Army of Two...dude, out of all the game figures they have ever made, the only good ones are Isaac Clarke, Raziel, and Ryu Hayabusa. Three figures. Just three. And they've got the license for 14 different franchises.

The majority of their figures are tiny statues with--if you're lucky--one or two points of articulation, and it's gonna be a cut joint. No ball joints, no swivel, you don't even get a T-joint. ONE CUT ON THE HIP. THAT'S WHAT YOU GET.

NECA is secretly McFarlane toys in disguise. McFarlane put all other licenses under the NECA name so they can work exclusively on Halo figures.

I want a desktop Engineer set (sentry, dispensor, teleporters). But I want them without stands and all at level one! DOO EET VALVE

NO YOU ARE THE GAY

NECA, as a company, is pretty hit or miss. When they hit, they do it pretty well: NBC, TMNT, Coraline. When they miss, you get horrendous shit like the SFIV Player Selects, Hitman, Bioshock, Altair, GoW, Resident Evil, Castlevania, Alex Mercer, Army of Two...dude, out of all the game figures they have ever made, the only good ones are Isaac Clarke, Raziel, and Ryu Hayabusa. Three figures. Just three. And they've got the license for 14 different franchises.

The majority of their figures are tiny statues with--if you're lucky--one or two points of articulation, and it's gonna be a cut joint. No ball joints, no swivel, you don't even get a T-joint. ONE CUT ON THE HIP. THAT'S WHAT YOU GET.

NECA is secretly McFarlane toys in disguise. McFarlane put all other licenses under the NECA name so they can work exclusively on Halo figures.

Don't even compare Neca to McFarlane, McFarlane is a disgraceful prodigy child turned heroine addict, and you should not go that low.
-And hey, only three figures? Well I'm no Gears fan, but BOTH THE BIOSHOCK AND GEARS TOYS ARE GREAT AND WELL ARTICULATED.

You're such a wimp, you probably want DC Direct to do all your favorite characters.

Okay, some of DC Direct stuff is good
Okay, I have at least 5 DC Direct figures

I want a desktop Engineer set (sentry, dispensor, teleporters). But I want them without stands and all at level one! DOO EET VALVE

Pretty much, but I'd actually just prefer a little 5 inch Lvl 1 sentry on my Desktop.

He is a sick, sick man.

you probably want DC Direct to do all your favorite characters
DC DIRECT TRIES HARD, MAN

And you know what I say is true. 90% of everything NECA makes is statues. They look good, but they're hardly figures. Also the GoW figures have alright upper-body joints, but below the waist they got V-cuts, man. V-cuts.

But you know, now that I think about it, I guess I'll concede that I'd rather have NECA do Player Select statues of Half-Life and the TF2 cast in a 6 or 8in. scale for $20 rather than a $230 statue that doesn't have any joints, even bad ones. (Btw, anyone know if the statue is resin or polystone or...?)

Weren't NECA talking about licensing L4D figures awhile back, and the deal fell through?

Polystone is composed mainly of special unsaturated resin... so that.

So polystone then. That's what I figured. Even though polystone is a resin compound, the distinction is made because polystone turns out more brittle than resin, but it's higher quality.

"Weren't NECA talking about licensing L4D figures awhile back, and the deal fell through??"

they said something like -they thought about other franchises for their player select line like left 4 dead, but they noticed that figures of regular looking people didn't sell very well.

that reminded me of the heroes line that were warming the pegs at toys r us a while back. but the likenesses on those sucked. plus sometimes people don't care about owning toys of certain characters even if it was from a good show. just look at McFarlane's guitar hero figures. very popular game, figures were a bit small but top notch.. and they didn't sell very well saw them on clearence for $4.80

Valve needs to make some Dispenser soda machines.

I've long wondered what the fascination of collecting figurines is. Isn't owning the game enough?

I've long wondered what the fascination of collecting figurines is. Isn't owning the game enough?

No. I need to have a physical manifestation of my fandom.

Same reason I have my Horo model, Ena model, a model of Rena, and two plushies of Rena and Rika.

Back