Help Get Portal 2 Released Early - OVERCLOCK HAS BEGUN, Release Incoming!

Glad to see HL2.net still offers the same hospitality to newbies.

Thanks Insano. I'm loving this promotion and I'm having a good time collecting the potatoes, even if that opinion invites derision. I look forward to the next time Valve does something this cool.

20:00 - Preliminary lethality assessment complete
20:00 - Results inconclusive
20:00 - Expanding candidate pool
20:17 - Calculations complete for Super Meat Boy. Recalculating a new launch projection...
20:25 - Calculations complete for Killing Floor. Recalculating a new launch projection...

The last updates, the test subjects changed from 9 to 65 82 and counting up and the launch time changed from +3h to less then 1h

This guy's a shill. Get out of here Valve employee!

Oh no! I'm having lots of fun, how that must ire you enough to make personal attacks. Go ahead, step on my sand castles. But you do not understand that my joy is not in seeing my sand castles built but in the building of them.

Thanks Insano. I'm loving this promotion and I'm having a good time collecting the potatoes, even if that opinion invites derision. I look forward to the next time Valve does something this cool.
I'm glad you are having fun, so am I :)

It turns out that finishing games doesn't take time off the counter, but just lets it recalculate. That's why so little time went off between SMB and Killing Floor. This means that all games have to be finished.

**** it I want a full night of sleep. I've waited long enough and I'm tired as ****

Well 30 minutes remain... hopefully I can manage to sleep sometime tonight

Just got 6 more potatoes. At this rate I think we're going to make it by 11:00pm (PST). Commence joy processors.

Story time:

My Mac does not have the appropriate OS to run Portal 2, but my brother's does. In a show of completely selfless generosity I gifted him a copy of Portal 2. Now I will be able to play on his computer until I get mine fixed (something wrong with the disk drive) and updated. Once that happens we can play Co-op together! AWWWWWWW.

Edit: Looks like it won't notify him, until its released. Oh well, short wait.

15 mins to get the last two games and get the super special extra prize! GO GO GO

So my local EB Games are breaking street date and releasing early. Yay.

21:25 - Calculations complete for Defense Grid: The Awakening. Recalculating a new launch projection...
whooha less then 2 minuts left for pre launch :D

Timer = 0 but still no unlock and patato power has stopped counting down

EDIT:

EVERYBODY RESTART STEAM TO PLAY PORTAL 2 :) HAPPY PORTAL SHOOTING ;)

DECRYPTING GAME FILES IAJSFDOIASJFOIJASDFOIJSDOFISOFISDOFJSODFOISDOISDOSDOINSFSDFKJSKJDFKJF

Awesome! Portal is out early guys! I thought it was being released tomorrow? Wonder why the early release? (I keed I keed)

edit: damn how long does the decryption take?

Congrats to all and especially the potato sack players for making this happen. Ohhh, just said finished DLing. Time to play!

DAMMIT A LOSER IS ME.

1. Check in on countdown progress all week. Contribute a little to Super Meat Boy calculations
2. Portal 2 is out!!! Go to games library!
3. Forgot to preload game files, 4 HOURS 40 MINUTES REMAINING
4. FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---

The eternal wait of decryption is daunting. Too bad they couldn't do this shit on consoles and prevent ****doodledry.

The argument about it shaving 2 hours off the release is pointless. The ARG has been the most complex and detailed thing which all led to this point, do you think Valve will use it for the most anti-climatic purpose? Moaning cynical old men, geez.
..lol

According to the ARG wiki people who got a golden potato got copies of the Valve complete pack. Nice.

That's stupid. I am sure most of the people who participated in the Portal 2 ARG already owned almost all of the Valve games from other sales; since, ya know, they're putting all that effort into a Valve ARG.

The argument about it shaving 2 hours off the release is pointless. The ARG has been the most complex and detailed thing which all led to this point, do you think Valve will use it for the most anti-climatic purpose? Moaning cynical old men, geez.

Are you hinting that THE GAME is not over?

TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW

Back