Herb-ivores Beware, Your Testicles are in danger

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
oh god say it isnt so!!!

Frequent or long-term marijuana use may raise a man's risk of testicular cancer, American research suggests.

The study of 369 men, published in the journal Cancer, found being a regular marijuana user doubled the risk compared to those who never smoked it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7869709.stm

however:

Henry Scowcroft, from Cancer Research UK, said: "As the researchers themselves point out, this is the first inkling that there is any association between chronic marijuana use and testicular cancer.

"But the researchers only interviewed a relatively small number of men.

"So before we can reach any firm conclusions about whether this is a cause-and-effect relationship, rather than a statistical blip, the result needs to be replicated in a much larger study."

In headlines today, people have discovered that almost anything gives you cancer and so you really probably shouldn't eat, drink or smoke anything and instead survive on an IV drip or something.

Doesn't surprise me, to be honest.

Just in! Millions of pot-heads are apathetic. When questioned on this, the unified response was "meh".

To be honest, I don't even really listen to it when it says "American study suggests", they are almost always wrong (the important ones anyways).

European ones I find are right alot of the time though.

So was Tom Green a heavy pot user? lol

Aw man, I thought this thread was going to be about how vegetarians risked testicular cancer, and that would have been HILARIOUS.

To be honest, I don't even really listen to it when it says "American study suggests", they are almost always wrong (the important ones anyways).

European ones I find are right alot of the time though.

Yeah America's culture is so dumb and they're wrong about everything and they think they're so important and Bush was such an idiot lololol

In other news: Cancer prevents cancer

^I don't know if you were making fun of me or not (text doesn't translate sarcasm well), but I want to clear something up - I don't think all amurciuns r stoopid, I'm just saying almost all their studies are wrong. I've actually been keeping track. (I'm a loser)

The studies you don't like are wrong. :rolleyes:

Back