Hideo Kojima and Gabe Newel at E3 2015

HeadClot

Spy
Reaction score
http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaytut/nab_2015_rewind_brett_morris_2

Maybe I am reading to much into this but I recently saw a NAB talk by Brett Morris of Capacity about How to Defeat a 3-Week Deadline with C4D and Octane.

Then I saw this -

ExqpBZz.png

The full talk is here -
http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaytut/nab_2015_rewind_brett_morris_2

The fun bits start at 3:00

Last edited:
He's going to talk about something completely uninteresting and disappointing just like the news of Steam Machines and controller, SteamOS, or the 'reveal' of Source 2 engine.

The only thing I remotely care about with Valve now in 2015 is the ReVIVE, which isn't even their technology. I care about that as much as the Oculus Rift and the other incarnations of VR headsets.

Gabe's talks are no longer relevant.
Valve: "We used to make games, now we're making money."

The only thing I remotely care about with Valve now in 2015 is the ReVIVE, which isn't even their technology.
You know nothing about the Vive if this is what you believe.

Gabe's talks are no longer relevant.
You know nothing about the industry if this is what you believe.

Valve: "We used to make games, now we're making money."

Valve made allot of money with Steam prior to the whole "Paid Mods Fiasco". I could also make the argument about Electronic Arts, CD Projekt Red, and every other company in Game development is in it for the money. Because Game development is a Multi-Million Dollar Business.

That said none of valves current games are made for VR from the ground up. Yes, Team fortress 2 has a VR Mode but it makes people really sick from what I have heard.

IMHO I think that Valve needs an awesome first party game for VR and Source 2. Half Life 3, Portal 3 or Whatever. They are working on Source 2 for a reason. If they were not going to make games then they would not have made it let alone revealed Source 2.

Last edited:
IMHO I think that Valve needs an awesome first party game for VR and Source 2. Half Life 3, Portal 3 or Whatever. They are working on Source 2 for a reason. If they were not going to make games then they would not have made it let alone revealed Source 2.
Valve has three VR "demos" in the works. The "Robot Repair Human Diversity Outreach Program" (the Aperture one shown at GDC), "Longbow" (likely a bow and arrow mini-game), and "Secret Shop" (likely something related to Dota 2).

HTC is engineering and building the thing. Valve just made the tracking and input. I mean it's going to be good, and Valve did a great job and I'll buy one. But that's all I care about from Valve. I gave up faith long ago about them delivering something that's relevant to my interests. I'll never get a Steam Machine; I build my own computers. I will probably install SteamOS on a VM... maybe.
And Valve's direction with their games is completely disappointing. Their games are now pretty much Dota 2, TF2, and CS:GO. Those are the games that they're working on. Sure, updates are cool and interesting, but this will continue for a long time. It's boring after a while. After a while, people want something new. But Valve will just make new cosmetic items for these existing games instead of releasing exciting new content like a new game.

HTC is engineering and building the thing. Valve just made the tracking and input. I mean it's going to be good, and Valve did a great job and I'll buy one. But that's all I care about from Valve. I gave up faith long ago about them delivering something that's relevant to my interests. I'll never get a Steam Machine; I build my own computers. I will probably install SteamOS on a VM... maybe.
And Valve's direction with their games is completely disappointing. Their games are now pretty much Dota 2, TF2, and CS:GO. Those are the games that they're working on. Sure, updates are cool and interesting, but this will continue for a long time. It's boring after a while. After a while, people want something new. But Valve will just make new cosmetic items for these existing games instead of releasing exciting new content like a new game.

If we take the assumption that there would be approximately 10-20 people working on Dota 2, TF2 and CS:GO together, then what would the other ~310 employees be working at? I still have faith in Valve, since there's propably so much stuff going on behind the scenes. There is a lot talented people that work at Valve, and they wan't to design games; their designers, artists and programmers. Not making a game would be a waste of talent, aswell as propably a bore to the employees. Remember that Valve workers can work on whatever they want to. So saying that their only working on TF2, Dota 2 and CS:GO may not be exactly 100% credible, cause they could very well be working on The Orange Box 2 (god exists if another one will happen).

Altough that, I can't predict how much time they will use on whatever their working on, so you could be right that this will continue for a long time.

Last edited:
Only thing interesting will be hearing how disheartened Kojima is at Konami being run by a bunch of retarded monkeys.

imagine Kojima is joining Valve after leaving Konami... way too much talent at one place xD
But I dont think it means something, maybe they are just placeholders or something dunno... too good to be true. Okay Kojima will obviously be at E3 for MGSV.

I`m from the present with excellent support for CS:GO, which is ****ing good game, and Dota 2, which is a ****ing good game. Team Fortress 2 has less support these days but its so damn old and it won't die so easily. If they port it to Source 2 it will get big again, or they will make Team Fortress 3 (which I doubt).
I'm from the present with very exciting technology coming up from Valve which is the Steam Controller and the Vive and the Steam Link also looks interesting (Steam Machines is not for me).
I'm from the present where they introduce paid mods, but take them back because they listen to the community.
Early Access isn't bad, its just exploitable very easily, but there are some great examples for Early Access: Dirt Rally, Kerbal Space Programm, Killing Floor 2, Wreckfest (tbf though they didnt update the game for month but its still ****ing good), Insurgency and many many more.
Terrible customer service? The last time I contacted steam support is more than 3 years ago or something and I always got an answer after 1 or 2 days. Sometimes it was like a generated message or something, but when I asked again I got a proper answer.

I am sick of people who live in the past. Yeah I also want Half-Life 3, and I will get it some day (and if not there will be a good reason for it), but until then stfu.

oh and btw I ****ing love Steam. Call me a fanboy if you want, PC gaming got better because of Steam. Obviously no DRM would be better, but without Steam I dont know if PC would even survive. Okay it would because of things like Kickstarter but still. Besides, because of Steam I stopped pirating games, when I was young I had no money so I pirated games, but because of the cheap sales on Steam I got used to paying for games now (And I have more money these days).

Whew, was fun to write that all at once :D

valve seems to be only interested in cosmetic simulators where people buy skins, not interest in any kind of moba games. i'm perfectly happy with what I have, vr doesn't interest me in the slightest. especially since I have motion sickness. no refunds, paying for alpha builds which may never get finished, steam eula where you don't reallly own your games, yes even drm cancer and paid mods. steam didn't make pc gaming better, it robbed it all of the good out if it.

don't care for hl3 anymore.

in the end, I hope GOG Galaxy gets big, a drm free client is what pc gaming needs.

then why care about valve and what it may do in the future? i mean, you're still here...

one, what valve does has a major effect on pc gaming, whether good or bad.

second, I've been here since 2006, I have fond memories of this site even if it is dying.

If you continue to post shit like "gone full jew" I will ban you and I don't care if that gets me kicked off the staff.

There is this thing us human beings have, I don't know you've heard of it. It's called a jest, a sense of humor. Wonderful human invention, truly a work of art!

Last edited:
there's a bit of a similarity between valve and konami, for some reason the later decided to nuke making games. honestly I wouldn't be surprised if MGSVTPP is mobile along with MGRR2.

So you seem pretty put off by that troll account/post. Please explain why the humour in your post was any different.

You are mistaken, I thought it was hilarious personally. It took me by surprise, though!

However I must commend you on a good moderating job, derailing the thread instead of PM'ing me. You know what they say, if your good at something never do it for free!

SEoIuWLm.jpg

Last edited:
I mean, does that image you posted really look legit to you? Be honest.

Anyways, it's so obviously fake to me, I facepalm when I see shit like that.

And the user that posted it to Reddit http://www.reddit.com/user/thenerdherd2007 is probably the dude from that YT channel. Check out his post history for crying out loud. And people continue to watch him, even though he's clearly an asshat. He loves Valve so much that he's willing to start rumors. **** that guy!!

lmao @ that HL3 logo. Anyone who thought it was a real image for even a split second should be ashamed.

Back