hl 1 vs hl 2

which was better?

• hl 1

Votes: 60 46.2%
  • hl 2

Votes: 70 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Question: Are you just making a thread, just to make a thread?

Ontopic: I enojoyed HL1 much more than HL2. It's because I couldn't see the beauty of HL2 with high fps with my low-end pc :(

I would have probably voted HL2 if I had the chance to play it well :)

I love the athmosphere in HL1. You have that feeling all the time, but hl2 was wery close to that!:)

HL1 just liked it more, dont get me wrong HL2 still pwns.

Its hl1, i dont know why but i didnt had that strange feeling when i played hl2...

You can never repeat the feeling you got when you played Half-life 1 around the years of it's release.... very revolutionary for it's time.

I would much rather play through Half-Life 2 right now than Half-Life 1.

I'll never be able to experience this revolutionary feel with Half-Life 1, but I did with Half-Life 2, it was awesome

There was a superiority about HL1 yet the suspense in the lead up and the new graphics, engine, gravity stuff, storyline etc just made it that much better.
If we never had HL1 and HL2 was released although it wouldnt make sense it just wouldnt have had the same impact.

HL1 allll the way

And whats with the topic starter being banned?

I feel that the two games were both well-made.

Different games, different feelings.

Half-Life 1: intense, horror environment, claustrophobia and survival immersion.
Half-Life 2: just as intense, but more in a glorious revolution sort of way

:D I expected that, I got half way through and got bored but with hl I was able to go and complete it twice with no hesitation

Ennui said:

Half-Life 1: intense, horror environment, claustrophobia and survival immersion.

Absolute word.

Tough call; Half-Life 2, for my money, was the best 11 hours of gameplay I've had in a long, long time. However, Half-Life 1 was, and still is, one of the greatest games I've ever played. I like it so much that I've beaten it like 17 times. (Somewhere around there; I lost count awhile ago.)

Ultimatly, I have to just say that Half-Life 2 was missing a little bit of an oomph (The ending didn't feel rewarding at all, and not having a few things spelled out to you kind of interfers with the immersion of the game.) whereas Half-Life was damn near perfect. Didn't stop me from beating Half-Life 2 four times so far. :D

Ennui said:

Agreed. I liked Half-Life 1 because it was longer. I have to admit, I was more in awe of HL1, when I played it a year ago, than I was with HL2, but I did feel more immersed playing HL2, mainly because it feels so realistic.

I loved HL1 in that it starts off as an ordinary day in the office (or lab), and then WHAM! turns into a kind of Doom 1 survival/horror situation, except much better than that! And then your fellow humans (soldiers) turn on you as well! How cool is that?

I choose to vote as per how I felt during playing the game when I first got it between my hands.

HL² was great and immersive I absolutly loved it, however the feeling and the innovation was at a much grander level in HL¹ IMO.

Soo my vote goes for HL¹. :)

You have to support HL1... Even though I voted HL2...

HL1 Was a true classic. I really really enjoyed the atmosphere and that "feeling" playing it. It was just truly 100% fun. Rememberable, and all the mods that came out of it gave me hours on end of fun...

Now the reason I voted for HL2 is this.

Never in my life have I been scared. I beat Doom3 everyone was like OMG its scary... Uhh no. It wasn't scary for me at all. At the exorsist that I saw when i was 4 years old my mother told me I laughed through out the movie. and Scary movies today don't even make me flinch...

Never in my life have I been soo scared. Never in my life did I about cry. Never im my life have I gotten chills and a scary feeling. Then in the Ravenholm levels of HL2. For some reason that scared me like I've never been scared in my life. I did not like that level at all... Im happy I'm beyond that now... OMG, just thinking of it gives me chills...

I cant really say who is better of the two. HL2 vs Halo 2 is much better.

Sid Burn said:
I cant really say who is better of the two. HL2 vs Halo 2 is much better.

:|

did you even read the question?

Yeah. I am just saying that I can choose w/c one is better if it was HL2 vs. Halo 2. HL1 and HL2 are both good games I cant say who's better of the two.

Halo... Lemme tell you about Halo1 a knock off of hl1... Yes this accusation is a long shot but listen to me

What exactly is the flood? Why are there lil head crabs? Why are there men with aliens on their heads?

Covenant? Combine? Halo sux!

HL1 was damn near perfect, the puzzles made you think the guns felt like they actually worked you had the freedom to do what you wanted.

HL2 cant quite put my finger on it but this game just had no soul. My 6 year old cousin loves this game so perhaps that’s their target ordinance, although he said it was bit to easy.

your 6 year old is a genuine genius if he got past ravenholm without pooping his pants

HL1 because I do not like the new fangled gameplay of vehicles and other modern FPS elements as much as plain out fragging stuff.

i z 3 r said:
your 6 year old is a genuine genius if he got past ravenholm without pooping his pants

My 9 year old brother got through it without even skipping a beat. Fun? Yes. Scary? Not really. Should he be playing it? No. Does it matter? No. Will I stop answering my own questions? Yes.

Back