HL2.net Arma 2 Ace 2 Information Videos

Aight, do you want to be responsible for making sure everyone has the mod and how to set up their shortcuts?

Edit: God damn I've edited this post like 10 times in the last 2 minutes.

Okay, it DOES have weapon resting. We can run this without ace.

DELETE YOUR PREVIOUS I44 MOD FOLDER

Installer: http://addonsync.dyneslott.com/files/arma2/addons/i44/2.5.1/I44-ARMA2CO-v2-51-full.exe

Shortcut line:
-mod=@CBA;@I44CO
(plus your shack tactical HUD folder at the end, wherever you have it installed)

Mission pack (for krynn): http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14355

Whats a good time for everyone to play? Is 4pm EST tomorrow good?

I just tried the D+1 mission, and I think we should do that one first. Its a good, genericish mission that could be useful for trying to get used to the mod. It all seems pretty easy to use. Windows key lets you dig trenches, put up sandbags, and make something else with a weird, name. Everyone can make foxholes, but only certain classes can make the others. I didn't find a good spot to test out weapon resting.

I took a Stuart out and romped around a bit. This mod got the tank speeds right. The Stuart can haul ass pretty quick since its a light tank, and I hit 55kph in cross country terrain. It also seemed to have gotten the projectile penetration right, since I managed to take like 4 shots at the side armor of a Tiger 1e and did absolutely nothing to it before it finally traversed its turret and hit me (missing one shot at first, sucka). It was pretty awesome. I bailed out and started running away and right when I turned back to look at the Stuart it exploded in a huge fireball.

Then I made my way back on foot to the motor pool and grabbed the M8 Grayhound they had, and drove it down the street running over some dudes, then stopped and use the main gun to try and take out a Kfz251, but the turret has really slow traverse compared to the Stuart, and by the time I had turned it enough it had made it's escape. Then I got shot in the ass with a panzershrek, and mg'd the ****er.

With the wheels destroyed and the hull damaged, I abandoned it and went back to the motor pool again to play with the 60mm mortar they had set up. Its actually really easy to use, even easier than normal (ace?) ones we use. A map pops up on the screen taking up like a quarter of your screen and you can see the path it will fire and the spread it will have. Kinda cool I guess, and its fast as hell to reload like a mortar should be, but not very realistic otherwise.

Sounds cool. 4pm works for me. But do we even have anyone else playing?

Hell if I know. If not, then we should do it same time next week, that way there is more notice than there was for this weekend.

I'm always too busy on the weekends and I really wanted to play I44 :(

We had a great session on Tuesday, maybe we can do something like that again.

Who the **** changed our mumble channel name?

Who the **** changed our mumble channel name?

Jesus and his 12 apostles. I saw them do it! Not like you even play anymore
708.gif

Absolutely nothing. I just wanted to :arms: at you for not playing anymore.
708.gif

I've still been playing with you guys! I played the time before last. I'm just really ****ing depressed and haven't been doing much of any god damn thing lately.

Leave me alone! Hmph. Step on a landmine or something.

Um, are those actual graphics? Because god damn, that's even better looking than BF3. The zooming in on the tank bit looks photo real.

I guess it's probably enhanced. It's unlike BIS to use prerendered stuff though.

A9eV5.jpg

Those men are actors. Nothing enhanced there. The tank--obviously. Helicopters were the only in-game footage.

The island looks kind of small. But that's probably because it's a shot with 10k viewdistance. Or maybe it's only part of it?

Also:

arma3_e3_release_4_4.jpg

What are hipster glasses doing in my Arma?

Yeah, that's cool/convenient.

And it's not going to have a stupid unlock system!

I wonder if all those will have gameplay effects. The weapons mods obviously will, but I'm curious about the uniform stuff. Encumberance and inventory capacity should be affected by stuff like that, and helmets should have the appropriate functions you'd expect.

EDIT: I ****ING TOLD YOU THERE WOULD BE SHARKS VEGETA!

vjUU3.jpg

Hot.

So hot.

This game better be more stable than previous BIS games on release though!

You know what I want? I want a new trailer for their Carrier Command reboot.

Why are you guys talking about boring old Arma 3 when there's a new trailer for their helicopter sim? I could see myself actually playing this, depending on the scale and environments.

http://takeonthegame.com
That trailer didn't do much for me (besides seeing that working mirror, and that little tv display), but I am interested in this game based on a recent interview I read. It's going to have very realistic flight modelling and damage model (from what I understood, certain parts can actually break off instead of in arma where it's just 'damaged'). The game even takes into account the weight of the fuel in the tank. And the cockpits are so detailed and functional. Playing coop with 2 people in one chopper, sharing the controls, would be pretty fun.

That wasn't a very good demo. They didn't really go into any part well enough. I was especially dissapointed in the vehicle demo, because they showed hardly anything, and most of the problems with ARMA2's driving was only relevant at high speed, which they didn't even come close to in their demo. They just showed that you can shove stuff, and even that didn't look so good :/ They also didn't show sharks.

Also, I'm not really liking the aesthetic of their futuristic style.

Its the same demo, but much better footage. The ragdolls looked good in most of the shots, but the very first one had an annoying looking glitch, where the body jumped up in the air slightly when it turned to ragdoll.

Just noticed it says at the beginning it's gonna have a 3d mission editor. Awesome.

And he said every building in that city was enterable... and there's like 50 cities... god damn. And not to mention the cities are even larger than before.

Honestly the environment is one of the things I'm most looking forward to.

It looks pretty cartoony for such a serious game imo.
TKXPt.jpg

G082L.png

Did they throw blue paint in the water to sell it as 'engine improvements'?

Actually, I'd prefer more vivid colour over the stupid filters that you can't turn off in A2. However those screens are taken from a monitor, so of course the colours are wrong.

Like Viper said that's just high saturation caused by the video.

There's also color correction options in the game...

Also at least it isn't brown on beige.

It only looks cartoony because we're so used to military shooters having bland, muted colour palettes. Looks pretty realistic to me, saturated or not.

Yeah now that you mention it, it does look quite normal.

Look at this photo of the island it's based on:

8y14i.jpg

That's some blue water, and green grass.

Compare this photo to the vid screencaps and you can see it looks even more colorful in real life.

So yeah, this is cool.

No serious fps in the last 7 years aside from Crysis has had a properly blue sky. And everyone acts surprised when I complain about post-processing filters.

I fear ARMA3 will rape my new PC, which makes me kinda sad :(

I really hope the recommended specs aren't too bad, I'd like to at least be able to run it on Normal when it comes out.

Back