HL2.net guestmap

Dragonshit spam is gone, working on Island now.

Are there any spam filters etc to stop this being spammed up again?

Well, there's the CAPTCHA thing but that won't stop a determined "Negro Force". :rolleyes:

It won't let me place one.
I was going to place one for Chernobyl.
:(

Seems the anti-spam features are working :D

Alright, we've reached a point where now that the majority of the spam has been deleted the previous placemarks that were "pushed off" the map (I think it can only handle about 750ish markers, there were over 1500) are back on it :)
Still a bit of work left to do but we're most of the way there.

Wow, it's looking fantastic again guys. Major props to those who helped clean it!

Eejit I love you. Thanks for that. I'm just doing some general checking on the map now. Deleting remaining spam and checking for people with multiple markers (Sulk & Azner to name just two). If you see any more spam (eg, markers in the middle of the ocean or just stupid crap), want a marker deleted or if I've wrongly deleted yours please post it here.

Eejit I love you. Thanks for that. I'm just doing some general checking on the map now. Deleting remaining spam and checking for people with multiple markers (Sulk & Azner to name just two). If you see any more spam (eg, markers in the middle of the ocean or just stupid crap), want a marker deleted or if I've wrongly deleted yours please post it here.

I've placed them wrongly.

Sorry :(

Aww you removed the one remaining negro force. I left that one intentionally, I found the "STOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOP DELETING!" message quite ironic in several ways.
Mainly because nobody was deleting when he posted that, his own spam was pushing previous markers off the display. What an Einstein the spammer was.

Could you remove the two other Beerdude26's? they're wrongly placed.

The ones I'm talking about are the ones with the "This is my house. Plz do not bomb" and "This map is too inaccurate :(" comment

It's rather depressing that it only takes one person to mess everything up for an entire community.

Don't think it was just one. I reckon others jumped on the bandwagon...meh

Also, soz for dpin' but it won't let me edit the post drafted at - (10-05-2008, 07:47 PM)

I can't post my location in Perth, due to the marker badly placed in the Ukraine. Could somebody with map privelages please delete the old one if poss?

You have two markers, neither seem to have that timestamp.
What's the 'comment' on it?

the one in Ukraine is "i used to live here" and is just south east of Kiev... what's the other one??? is it in Cottesloe in West Australia?

The other one ain't in aus, I only saw it on the message board feature.

Koola Mena [link] my house = ) Sun Nov 04 06:45:08 -0500 2007

It's nice to see the board's been cleared up. It does look a lot neater. And I can actually find people now!

*starts stalking Glenn*

Oh yeah... I remember placing mine in Russia. It was so full of others so i couldn't place it where i really am. Well i could but i didn't want to.
Btw IE worked. :p

Why is this thread still here? Does anyone even look at this map thing any more?

Why are the thousands of threads on this site still here? Stop asking silly questions.

No I mean, why is it still stickied. I looked at this thread once when it was made, there can't be people who check here daily.. Even monthly people don't even look in this thread.

Well now I've just clicked on it three times in the last couple of minutes thanks to you.

Tried to place mine but it wouldnt :(

Never mind, I live seriously close to Samon though :{D

Weird, I tried to place my MU residence but it didn't appear. Very strange. Ah well. Enjoy Sunderland Mr. Nick.

Back