hl2.net - thinning out?

AKIRA

Tank
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel that recently (last 4 months or so) hl2.net has been thinning out. I've noticed Dog- and Sinkoman haven't been posting in the last while and there seems to be very little activity going on lately.

Everyone get tired of each other or something?

I've been posting less anyway. Urr yeh I'm Shift by the way, nice to meet you all :p

You been smoking crack again fella?

To be fair it dosnt seem quite as active as it did a few months back but its not like its empty or anything!

everyone is on vacation and out and about. also my guess is that this site will crash when HL3 is released

Dog-- became hated. He couldn't post a thing without getting flamed. Sinko's busy with life or something. He'll be back.

Hopefully when Valve releases some news we'll have an insurge of activity on the forums.

It does seem like there's been a decrease in activity, but it's not as large as you'd think.

The forum is fine. Everything is fine. Please return to what you were previously doing.

Yea i dunno probably just me. Dog- was hated? lol since when? I liked the guy.

Dont worry! A lot of people registered accounts! Who cares if theyre not posting, they made accounts!

No you didn't. Nobody Liked Dog--.

LOL seriously? I remember a while ago he made a thread or post about how he really loved this place and would love to party or hang out with all of us and felt like this was his family or something along the lines of that..did he get banned or just leave and didn't announce it?

These threads pop up like once a year, but the forum never stops. We have ups and downs all the time.

I liked Dog-- btw.

If people hate you on a forum it usually means you post good content/replies

That feeling is a feeling of how the forum is better, now that V-man is gone.

Where is darkside?

Well the people that I like are still posting regularly, so I can't complain...

People actually have lives outside this forum, as hard as that is to believe. They can't just post 24/7 for your entertainment.

20 posts in an hour and a half on a tuesday night? Seems like pretty normal activity to me.

Also whats this about Dog--? I don't recall him getting on anybody's bad side.

HNNNNGG

f5f5f5458.gif

You can all tell I'm barely here anymore. I just happen to check in once in a while in case I see anything of interest.

The lounge is definitely slowing down, I can leave it for a whole day and only see 3 updated threads. Rest of the boards are chugging along about normal though. Gaming seems a bit more popular for some reason...

Well the people that I like are still posting regularly, so I can't complain...

People actually have lives outside this forum, as hard as that is to believe. They can't just post 24/7 for your entertainment.
With the exception of Stern, who is in fact paid to post here.

It doesn't seem to be as busy but it's a big transition time for lots of people with school and everything too.

I think there's at least a small drought atm, there's not a whole lot of threads going up on a day to day basis, same goes for posts.

Well I came back, but nobody really seems to like me much. It's probably because I'm a huge dick.

I also feel like things have been slow lately. But I don't contribute much so I can't complain.

I recalled this place fondly after being away for like, a year and a half when I was busy with school. It hasn't changed much at all, and I appreciate that. Sometimes I wish there were more topics around that I can relate to, as it's really quite tolerable here.

A few days ago I had a dream in which I started posting more often and I became a popular and well-respected poster at HL2.net... But then it turned out that it was all some sort of outrageous facade and you all eventually swarmed my house and slowly tortured me to death while making horrible puns about the various horrifying disfigurements which were being inflicted upon me.

Back