Holy Hell. Any martial artists here?

Meh, the only thing that really impressed me was his kicks in the fights. They were really accurate and looked powerful. Other than that, it looks like stuff any athlete or boxer could do.

Meh, the only thing that really impressed me was his kicks in the fights. They were really accurate and looked powerful. Other than that, it looks like stuff any athlete or boxer could do.

Don't be silly, he was amazing.

And how come he got to wear a helmet in all those fights! Way unfair :O

Don't be silly, he was amazing.

And how come he got to wear a helmet in all those fights! Way unfair :O

I figure it's optional...it doesn't help your vision, and it slows you down....that's probably why some don't use it.

basic kick boxing.

the only thing he is good at is speed. his defense position is poor and his opponent's suck. i haven't seen one of them to be in a defensive stance, no wonder they got kicked in the face.
he fights against way to weaker opponents. that guy wouldn't have a chance in light or full contact.

some of the opponents weren't even kick boxers but some karateists or alike who challenged him.

such kicks rarely happen if you are guarded.

hey Pitz, in qualified fights helmets are a must.

He looks like a ****. And he kept falling over too.

Like some show-offy **** who's not really that good.

basic kick boxing.

the only thing he is good at is speed. his defense position is poor and his opponent's suck. i haven't seen one of them to be in a defensive stance, no wonder they got kicked in the face.
he fights against way to weaker opponents. that guy wouldn't have a chance in light or full contact.

some of the opponents weren't even kick boxers but some karateists or alike who challenged him.

such kicks rarely happen if you are guarded.

hey Pitz, in qualified fights helmets are a must.

Ahh, ok, that makes sense. I was always wondering why sometimes they had helmets on, and sometimes not.

But yeah, I must admit, the opponents did suck..it's just fun to watch a guy kick another in the face. :D

Yeah, he's not particularly good, but he does look cool :D

you know, he'd make a pretty good assassin in a way. he's fast and powerful. kinda like the ones on F.E.A.R. oh and how do you put the videos on the post without the useer clicking on the link like you did? it's been a while since i've been here

this is tae-kwon-do fighting...it's generally really flashy and mainly used for sport, that's why i quit...not good in a street fight..unless you know you're a master or something.

Some interesting comments here! :)

I'd like to point out that its not just basic kickboxing hes doing. Hes quite obviously cross trained in tai kwon do and capoeira and purhaps more.
Hes also a points fighter, not full contact. Not sure how well he would do in full contact..

And yes, hes fighting oponents that are blatently not up to standard lol. Still hes very very impresive. :p

So what experience do you guys have then? i'm all curious now! I've done various stuff over the last 7 or 8 years. From ju jit su and judo to kickboxing and muay thai. All good fun! :D

Some interesting comments here! :)

I'd like to point out that its not just basic kickboxing hes doing. Hes quite obviously cross trained in tai kwon do and capoeira and purhaps more.
Hes also a points fighter, not full contact. Not sure how well he would do in full contact..

And yes, hes fighting oponents that are blatently not up to standard lol. Still hes very very impresive. :p

So what experience do you guys have then? i'm all curious now! I've done various stuff over the last 7 or 8 years. From ju jit su and judo to kickboxing and muay thai. All good fun! :D

3 years taekwondo/kickboxing, 1 year boxing. started around 14.
been on some open tournaments.

WHAT IS THE 1st SONG!!!!

OMG that was a kickass song that i was looking for for YEARS!

Someone pm me the song name!

6 years karate (okinawan goju-ryu) and 2 months of tae kwon do lol

Thats one nice capoeira vid there. Likes it.
I think it says capoeira in the title because he does seem to use some of their style of kicks. ie. very circular and sweeping. Reminds me more of capoeira than tai kwon do because tkd is much more direct and linear.

And yeah lol, he does seem to milk that move for all its worth Naudian :p
Meh, whatever works!

Meh, may as well put down my experience: Started getting interested in martial arts at the age of about 10-11 when my brother (two years older) started a mixed martial arts class. Then for a couple of years I did Judo, then Muay Thai on top of that, then Tai Kwon Do with both of them. Then stoped judo and tried a bit of ju jit su. A few years later I had to move house and only continued ju jit su. Now i'm at university doing just freestyle kickboxing. :)

I've done wado-ryu karate on and off for a few years.

Guys got some excellent kicks there, seems to be getting them in fast and continuous, definitely very skilled. I remember whenever I tried something like like when sparring with my sensai[sp?] he'd just grab my leg with one arm then step into me knocking to me to the ground whilst letting go of the leg and grabbing onto me letting him score a nice point or two as I fell.

How would you deal with such an attack (multiple roundhouse kicks) in other martial arts?

Well in kickboxing and muay thai I was taught that if anyone was doing large circular kicks then I should rush in with close quarter attacks; punches, knees, elbos, sweeps etc. Which seems kinda logical and has worked for me plenty when i've dared :p

I think if he came at me like that i'd duck though! ;)

His overall balance and agility is superb but my god, what his opponents doing, wide open on many occasions, if you are quick and have a strong block you grapple his leg when its in the air and take him off his feet completely. All too flashy and show-offy for my liking, martial arts is just not about making a video on it and showing it off to the world, thats why stopped competition fighting, since its just not about medals and trophies, they dont interest me (coupled with the facts that I shattered my ribcage in my last fight ^^). Plus like Akira said, when it comes to down to pure self-defence on the street, that guy wont fair very well, especially if the other guy had a weapon and he was a heavy built guy.

Good find though ;)

I'd disagree, I think on the street that guy could really own. Theres no need for those fancy kicks or anything, just get in quick and a few well placed punches and it's over.

I think its safe to say that its very hard to make judgements on his actual full contact self defence ability from the vid. Alot of it is rather pointless showing off sure... but i wouldnt wana ever have to fight him out of a competition. :)

Impressive stuff, a lot of great athleticism. Having done karate in the past, I thought he was a bit over the top with those lunging punches, but I managed to see most of the time he was extending, falling, catching himself with his arm and bringing up a kick.

Quite an unorthodox style, but it seemed effective enough. Besides, I like these guys better. ;)

Hes good but ofcourse not at the top, I like his kicks, hes aggressive but his balance isnt really good at all, well he isnt at the top at all anyways so its ok.

okay, since nobody is annoyed with me enough to tell me, i'll just put the URL for it. the video is on, predictably, Youtube... believe me, this chicks are AWSOME. i wonder if there are sword dancing classes in california. i'd take them, mainly for the artistic qualities. also, i wonder how they spin those swords so fast...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsnK_n7AqMg

I had one year of karate in pre-school but couldn't get past white belt because I didnt know my right from my left :cheese:

hes fancy, but hes not efficient in his kicks. impressed at his showoffyness, but not impressed at skills

okay, since nobody is annoyed with me enough to tell me, i'll just put the URL for it. the video is on, predictably, Youtube... believe me, this chicks are AWSOME. i wonder if there are sword dancing classes in california. i'd take them, mainly for the artistic qualities. also, i wonder how they spin those swords so fast...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsnK_n7AqMg

Wow, that was amazing. I'd be too scared to cut myself to pieces...that is skill, and just awesome looking.

I was in Tae-Kwon-Doe for a year and a half. What did I learn? Nothing.

I was in Tae-Kwon-Doe for a year and a half. What did I learn? Nothing.

Is it ever too late to learn that sort of stuff? I'm 21 going on 22 now, and I really would like to get into that sort of thing to keep me in shape and everything....is there still time to start?

I wrestled for a couple of years, and placed 2nd in our dorms pass out/tap out competition. yea that's right, I'm so hardcore. It was a no hit event, so...

I wrestled a guy who had taken ju jit su for like 4 years or something, and it was the most fun I've ever had in a fight. About 40 seconds into the fight he got me into a headlock, but I had an arm in, and we rolled around for a little bit, and then I managed to grab his leg. So I had his leg and he had my neck/arm and we rolled around in our dorm's lobby for about 5 minutes like this; over people, into corners, over the couch, and finally he managed to get one of my legs and I had to tap out. I tried to stand up right after he let go and I just fell over, I had to sit down for another 10 minutes just to get my balance back and blood to my head.

I also had to re-fight this guy who was around 210lbs, basically he was doing this bear hug thing on me, and I managed to trip him up with my feet and he fell and I heard this *CONK* when his head hit the ground, and I thought he had busted his head open (our floors were the industrial strength carpet on concrete) and I start to stand up because I was freaking out and he just goes BAM! and tackles my ass (he played football), and apparently it was his shoulder that hit the ground.

My wrestling partner (because he and I were closest in weight) was like number 8 in the state of new york, and his dad was the coach. I would love it when he would tell me what he was going to do before he did it, and then after he pinned me he would tell me what I should have done to make it harder for him to still win. I did win once, but I'm convinced he let me have it.

I know fighters like him..they usually suck in full contact.

I've fought people in matches like that. They win on style points, that's it.
In a street fight I'd have their ass.

I know fighters like him..they usually suck in full contact.

I've fought people in matches like that. They win on style points, that's it.
In a street fight I'd have their ass.

Of course after I had their ass....:naughty:

Back