Hurray for me! I'm a noob!

Broax

Medic
Reaction score
Hey!

I'm new on the forum... I love Half-Life... That is all...

Ok, ok... I'll expand a bit. I love HL so much I sometimes imagine myself telling my future kids about the day I first played HL (like a boring and geekier HIMYM). Back then I was still a kid and I only got internet at home recently so most of the gaming news I got where from magazines and such. I wasn't really exposed to all the hype surrounding HL so I still remember how it made me feel playing through "Unforeseen Consequences". How I felt finishing it for the first time (I so rarely finish games more then once).

My steam account is almost 9 years old and between PC and Xbox360 I have all steam titles (except for CS:GO strangely). I know owning them on console is like a horrible mistake one can make but from time to time I switch from PC gaming to console gaming (something I always end up regretting where it not for the Forza Motorsport IP) and as a result my PC sometimes resembles a very expensive paper weight.

I would like to wrap it up by saying that I can't take the pain of waiting for HL3/HL2:EP3 (or as I'm starting to accept it: Half-Nukem/Duke-Life'em) and I'm looking forward to find here a support group of other players experiencing such grief. And news about Valve... Gotta love Valve! (Actually I'm kinda hopping for a new ARG to announce HL3 with Source 2 soon and I hope hanging around a place like this will keep me on the loop).

TL;DR? -> I'm new on the forum... I love Half-Life... That is all...

Also, english is NOT my native language so expect occasional bad grammar (You can thank chrome for the lack of spelling errors)...

I'm looking forward to find here a support group of other players experiencing such grief.
You came to the wrong place sonny. There ain't no support to be had here, we're all miserable and pissed off jerks who take our frustrations out on newbies. I'll give you one bit of free advice before leaving you to your own defenses...

Beware Tollbooth Willie.

You came to the wrong place sonny. There ain't no support to be had here, we're all miserable and pissed off jerks who take our frustrations out on newbies. I'll give you one bit of free advice before leaving you to your own defenses...

Beware Tollbooth Willie.

What a coincidence! I'm a miserable and pissed off jerk too!! We should be pals! :D

And me! I'm a vicious bully!

Yay! this forum allows for gifS! ^_^ Also: Oh noez! :'(

I'm not sure how to approach your name.
Bro-ax? The ax of bros?
Broax, the industrial cleaner?
Brother Oax, the buffalo humper?
Broa-x, the latest in all natural python sedatives?

You confuse and scare me.

I'm not sure how to approach your name.
Bro-ax? The ax of bros?
Broax, the industrial cleaner?
Brother Oax, the buffalo humper?
Broa-x, the latest in all natural python sedatives?

You confuse and scare me.

I think one would pronounce it as "Bro-ax" but "The Buffalo Humper" sounds way cooler... In any case the dark and mystical origins of my name are kept in secret...

Well, hello there! :3
You seem like a nice guy! We have a few of those around here, but not as many as I'd like. I can be quite bitter and alikable myself, so I shouldn't really point fingers, but it's okay when I include myself.
Looking forward to seeing you in the forums!

Broax: what true bros employ to chop down trees.

Welcome! Cool that we have a representative from Portugal now.

Well, hello there! :3
You seem like a nice guy! We have a few of those around here, but not as many as I'd like. I can be quite bitter and alikable myself, so I shouldn't really point fingers, but it's okay when I include myself.
Looking forward to seeing you in the forums!

Thanks! Everyone seems nice so far... I have my eye on Tollbooth willie, though.. Anyway, I'm looking forward to be around!

Broax: what true bros employ to chop down trees.

Welcome! Cool that we have a representative from Portugal now.

I could hire some of you guys to be my marketing people with such nifty taglines... Anyway, how's the international representation around here? People are from all around or mostly from US? If by some weird twist of fate some future ARG element leads to a BBS server in Portugal I'll happily access it... I'll just dust off my old modem first. Also we're strong with wine and cured meet (and football I guess) so if we see a clue on a sausage I'm sure my expertise will payoff! :D

Mainly US and UK people here, the US people being the cooler ones, but the UK people being the ones in positions of power. In fact the power disparity has damn near started a revolution the likes of which the world has never seen before except that one time. The only thing thats saved us is the fact that we US members are just so damn cool.

Don't forget the Kiwis

New Zealand has not one, but TWO reps. Shit's out of hand.

Aye, that's true. I was just thinking about that. I miss Sulkdodds and Badger and Ross and Glenn and oh **** it I'm going to go drink some Scotch - Pi doesn't even really post anymore.

Hurray for the international audience! Now we can make a worldwide riot if Valve ever officially pulls the plug from HL3!

Come to think of it, we don't have too many Aussies around any more, do we?

Good.

(Come back Burnzie :cry:)

Back