I hate people who claim to have OCD

It's just the assertion of truth.

So, if someone hates people who claim to have OCD, then say they have OCD, they are hating themselves?

I'm really not crapping on anybody, just trying to make sure I'm not thinking incorrectly. I suck at the English Language.

So, if someone hates people who claim to have OCD, then say they have OCD, they are hating themselves?

I'm really not crapping on anybody, just trying to make sure I'm not thinking incorrectly. I suck at the English Language.

Well, what he is saying is that he hates people who claim to have OCD, when their claim ends up being false(do to observation of being kind of bogus). Kind of like a skinny chick complaining about being too fat.

This is a bit off topic, but it's a grammar thing.

If someone says they have OCD, are they not claiming they have OCD? Is "claim" symbolic with "not having, but pretending"?

SuperStock_1598R-116000.jpg

Lol...

People over here don't know wtf OCD is, so...

I don't have OCD, but when I'm setting things up or just anything around the house in general everything has to be very even and symmetrical ect. Also, if there is something on my hand and I get it wet to wash it off I always have to get the other one wet, then keep covering both of them in water untill they both have got wet the same amount, is that makes any sense.

i have a very mild version of OCD... i think

it's quite often i find myself tapping the water tap lever to be certain it's closed. same with doors and sometimes light switches, also propane tank valves and other shit.
i think it's a consequence of sometimes i kept forgetting if i closed that or checked this only to find later i ****ing left the door opened or left the tap leaking...i think it's more...if you're a dumbass...go over it twice. i think it's also due to mathematics and similar subjects at uni, where i use to check a calculation twice to make sure it's correct...but yes...i fail twice to notice it's wrong. maybe it's a side effect of originally being negligent, but striving to be perfect.
yes...if i can't get something symmetrical it tends to piss me off.
but it's pretty mild to be honest, sometimes i act like this sometimes i just don't give a ****. i developed this technique where i use to mentally say "check" after doing one thing, then i can be assured it's done.

Slightly off topic but it reminded me of this quote from a sudoku article:

Did you know that Sudoku solving is actually one of the most theoretically difficult problems known to man? We can solve Sudoku easily because we are usually presented with a small case. However, there is no known sub-exponential Sudoku-solving algorithm.

If you could make a Sudoku solving algorithm that runs in polynomial time, you will win a $1 million prize. After finding this solution, you would be able to reduce ANY other NP-hard problem to a polynomial solution. It is as theoretically difficult as factoring large numbers into primes, which is the basis of most all modern encryption systems.

I think there's such a thing as mild OCD.

For example, I can't stand dust on surfaces, stains or other imperfections on my clothes, and glitches in computer programs and games. In fact, I quit playing Oblivion just because of one little minor graphical error I couldn't fix. It just drove me crazy.

After all that time spent patching and modding too. :(

I also, can't stand those big moles some people have on their faces sometimes that have a couple of long hairs growing out of them. I just want to take a pair of damn tweezers to them. :angry:

I carry around hand sanitizer wherever I go, and I always sanitize door handles in public restrooms or on grocery carts.

Probably the only symptom of OCD I don't have is the extreme organizational thing. I don't alphabetize every single DVD or game I own or go around putting labels on everything.

I agree that stepping on sidewalk cracks because your afraid you'll break your mother's back is not OCD, it just means your superstitious.

My brothers got Ocd... or had it. I think he got over it. My cousin has it though. Her magic number is 4. So if she is taking a test and reads a question, she has to read it 4 times, or she goes crazy. Its pretty serious.

In this thread: people ironically do exactly the same thing the OP was complaining about, and don't even realize it!

I think I have OCD as well. Sometimes when I have an itch, I just have to scratch it.

I think I have OCD as well. Sometimes when I have an itch, I just have to scratch it.
That's normal so long as you don't itch constantly, which would point to a greater problem like a yeast infection.

I was diagnosed with ADD as a kid and I had alota problems in school its gotten a lot better, but I often make weird noises like animal sounds and stuff...when I'm doing it I think nothing of it but later on I fell really stupid about it.....its gotten much better though even though I stopped taking medication a long time ago.

I'm not sure if this is OCD, but pretty much I used to have the feeling that I absolutely had to be somewhere, and I'm not talking about places I had appointments or something else on, I'm talking about absolutely random places I had nothing to do with. So every day for a few years, sometimes for hours at a time, I'd just walk to these random places, and whenever I told myself I was being stupid and actually went home, I'd get this overwhelming feeling of anxiety that something bad would happen to me.

I still get it somtimes, just not so severe, however now I simply cant sit anywhere for more than a few minutes, I just get this compulsion and have to walk around my house for a bit, however these was this one thing which had me out of my house walking the streets at midnight.

This is why sometimes I'm afraid of doing things that could put my life in danger. Such as being near the edge of a cliff at the grand canyon or something and the thought comes in my mind to "Jump". I'm worried I won't be able to control it. I have controlled things like that in the past... but the fear is still there.
Actually, I've had similar urges like this too. Like some kind of little voice pressuring me into doing things that would put my and other people's lives in jeopardy or other crazy spontaneous things like, "get naked and run around in public like a ninny!" Or just things that would completely destroy my future and well-being/public opinion.

Sometimes too I have to re-read some things over and over sometimes even if it's a single word. It's like even though it's plainly legible, something in my head is telling me, "that's not what it is, try again". It's really irritating.

I've struggled with weird idiocincracies all my life and when I was a toddler, my mother actually took me to a psychiatrist thinking I had autism or something. I never really played much at that age or ever done many things normal kids did. I hated sing-alongs and normal kid shows/games but would rather watch the discovery channel or read dictionaries, encyclopedias, or phone books. I would turn bicycles upside-down just to watch the wheels turn or I'd twirl things in my hands. From what I remember, I was given an IQ test which the doctor said was way beyond my age level.

Back then though, there weren't many things you could be but "weird". They didn't have as many names for psychological disorders in the 80's as they do today.

I'm glad I wasn't diagnosed with anything then tbh, or I'd be forced to take meds. I would rather just skip that part and let things take it's course naturally.

AND LOOK WHERE YOU ARE TODAY
Yay! :E

Oh, and another thing I used to do (and sometimes still do), is count excessively. For example, if I was given 5 potato chips, I would count them and re-count them, and RE-COUNT them a dozen times or so.

"I think it's five. Let's see...

1. 2. 3. 4. 5.

"OK. Five chips. No wait...."

"Argh! No!"

"This is 1, then 2, 3,..."

/repeat

Am I the only person here who thinks they're perfectly goddamn normal?

Also, when I haven't eaten for a couple of days, I have this uncontrollable desire to eat.

I definitely have OCD I put the lids back on my pens after writing with them. But I agree with the OP other people who claim to have it are just annoying.

In this thread: people ironically do exactly the same thing the OP was complaining about, and don't even realize it!

Not really, it's mostly people who either have it or are just sharing their experiences...doesn't bother me. From what I've seen so far a lot of people have problems though and knowing others have similar issues is always helpful in a way.

Also, when I haven't eaten for a couple of days, I have this uncontrollable desire to eat.

It's funny because you're being all ironical like...very clever.

That's nothing dude, every 4 seconds i get this urge to breath in, and i just have to do it, and then 2 seconds later i always feel the need to breath out! I did it like 20000 times yesterday, now that's obsessive!

I tried not doing it once and i was only able to last 2 minutes, I SIMPLY MUST BE A RETARD.

I was diagnosed with ADD as a kid and I had alota problems in school its gotten a lot better, but I often make weird noises like animal sounds and stuff...when I'm doing it I think nothing of it but later on I fell really stupid about it.....its gotten much better though even though I stopped taking medication a long time ago.

It's a sad but true fact that some ADHD patients in fact don't suffer from ADHD, but an unusually high IQ.

It's a sad but true fact that some ADHD patients in fact don't suffer from ADHD, but an unusually high IQ.

Oddly enough, 95% of all internet users suffer from this same affliction. I noticed that in every thread asking "what's your IQ" 95% of all the posters have an IQ well above gifted.

I hate people who claim to have an IQ higher than normal. Sure I haven't been to a real office and had a 'professional' administer the test, but I've read some stuff online about IQ's in the 150 range and I definitely feel like I'm there.

I hate people who claim to have an IQ higher than normal. Sure I haven't been to a real office and had a 'professional' administer the test, but I've read some stuff online about IQ's in the 150 range and I definitely feel like I'm there.

I have been to a real office and have it tested. Sure enough, result was 160.

I don't put much faith in IQ tests, particularly online ones. On the same day I scored about 25 points higher taking a test dead tired half asleep than another I'd had in late morning.

Oddly enough, 95% of all internet users suffer from this same affliction. I noticed that in every thread asking "what's your IQ" 95% of all the posters have an IQ well above gifted.

The once standard IQ test is obsolete anyways. Has been for nearly a decade or so.

Psychological researchers have come to the conclusion that it's impossible to gauge an individual's IQ on a single scale alone because people have so many different talents and gifts.

Nowadays it's administered and given scores in many different areas of cognitive functions and no longer has a "grand total" per se.

Nevertheless, I believe my age has caught up with my intelligence. Ever since high school, things have gone downhill and I was only just barely on the "above average" range (136-160 and my results were 142) the last time I was administered a test by a psychiatrist. That was nearly 8 years ago before the standard IQ test's obsolescence.

That's nothing dude, every 4 seconds i get this urge to breath in, and i just have to do it, and then 2 seconds later i always feel the need to breath out! I did it like 20000 times yesterday, now that's obsessive!

I tried not doing it once and i was only able to last 2 minutes, I SIMPLY MUST BE A RETARD.
Life is hard on us.

I have been to a real office and have it tested. Sure enough, result was 160.

I'm not exactly sure if you're kidding or not, but the highest IQ recorded is about 167, apparently it gets hard to quantify scores past 145.

And I think that's the biggest problem I have with IQ scores. From what I remember of my human developmental course I took, an average IQ score for a person is about 100, and at 125 was the 'genius' label. So I just think it's weird that pretty much everybody says their IQ is over 125.

I just opened up the first forum result on google for 'what's your IQ' and here are some answers:
i took a few and on all of them i was way above average.
on the three tests i took my scores where 130, 136, and 133
144, Age: 14
Mine is 128 i'm 17.
At the risk of being accused a liar im on 162.

I'm not exactly sure if you're kidding or not, but the highest IQ recorded is about 167, apparently it gets hard to quantify scores past 145.

And I think that's the biggest problem I have with IQ scores. From what I remember of my human developmental course I took, an average IQ score for a person is about 100, and at 125 was the 'genius' label. So I just think it's weird that pretty much everybody says their IQ is over 125.

I just opened up the first forum result on google for 'what's your IQ' and here are some answers:
The highest IQ ever recorded was close to 300 and I can't remember who it was. Stephen Hawking maybe?

167 was your average straight A's whiz kid in school, it's nowhere near super-genius.

The two methodologies yield similar results near the middle of the bell curve, but the older ratio IQs yielded far higher scores for the intellectually gifted— for example, Marilyn vos Savant, who appeared in the Guinness Book of World Records, obtained a ratio IQ of 228. While this score could make sense using Binet's formula (and even then, only for a child), on the Gaussian curve model it would be an exceptional 7.9 standard deviations above the mean and hence virtually impossible in a population with a normal IQ distribution (see normal distribution). In addition, IQ tests like the Wechsler were not intended to discriminate reliably much beyond IQ 145, as ceiling effects become a concern.

The 228 score was adjusted for the new method and it gives a score of 'around' 167.

I've never taken an IQ test. I don't even really want to know. It's like knowing when your going to die.

Besides, I don't feel like there is any set of questions they can ask me to find out how intelligent I am. The whole thing is a gimmick.

Besides, I don't feel like there is any set of questions they can ask me to find out how intelligent I am. The whole thing is a gimmick.
That's why the standard test is flawed to begin with.

Back