I Made a Weird Short Flash Movie

Vegeta897

Banned as all ****
Reaction score
This is a really bizarre flash animation.

It's only 2 minutes long.

If your playback seems choppy, please reduce your window size.

And enjoy!

http://www.pixelatomy.com/stuff/final.swf

You can watch it in default resolution here: http://vegeta897.deviantart.com/art/V-285187063

My inspiration to make it came from something totally random I envisioned while staring at my computer, which is featured in the movie.

I had originally intended it to be a huge project, as it has this mood that I've been wanting to make a flash movie about for years. But I simply can't take on something that huge, so it's been sitting incomplete on my computer for a while but today I came up with an idea for a final scene and wrapped it all up.

The music was the last thing I added, so it's a little rough cut. The music is from recordings of me and Hokey jamming some ambient together.

V:

The best, as always.

I especially liked the part with the lolis and Stern.

Turn it into a series.

That flash movie was weird and short.

also good

I just saw it when I checked Deviantart, is both insane and great...

I only just realised that the joined-up 897 you use also looks like a joined up BAN.

I like your taskbar position/Steam skin combo.

Also nice and wtf.

I fapped to this. V:

The ambient music was pretty good. How long before I hallucinate and my head explodes from HL2.net?

Dude that was seriously weird. It reminds me (in a way) of logging in when Im tripping. The whole :V thing has blown my mind.

That was everything you said it was. V:
Wasn't expecting the creepy ending for sure.

Don't intend to cheapen this creation, but couldn't help but to think of

eEwZf.jpg

Great stuff.

Achievement Unlocked
The Part Where He Kills You

Thanks so much you guys!!

I love showing all you my creations. :)

Since it's not very apparent in the movie, I thought I'd show off some of the assets I created for this:

UYebK.jpg

3fyw0.jpg

NYBOm.jpg

This was the stuff I was showing off when I started making this, and I originally thought I was going to make like another hl2.net pinball with a bunch of UI animation silliness.

Oh and some reference pics

xv56B.jpg

7Fkgg.jpg

You should make another hl2.net pinball.

Yeah, when I have the time and feel like doing more animation, I'd like to.

One thing I don't want to do is make another movie like this. Flash is not very good for all them cinematic fades and panning, and soundtrack editing.

Something like hl2.net pinball is just a bunch of good old frame by frame animation, and it's super fun.

HL2.net pinball for those who haven't seen it or want to watch again: http://www.pixelatomy.com/stuff/dogsigball.swf

A bit late to this, but this had me awkwardly laugh out loud in the middle of a crowded university library. I'd consider that a success. Great soundtrack too.

Wow I never saw this, pretty weird indeed but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

What the ****, how did I miss this? I've totally had nights like that, envisioning things being animated or moving when they're not and shit. On a related note, as soon as I closed the tab, it switched back to this one, and for a split second I envisioned the thread on a slant, like the end scene image was. Had to blink a couple times to shake the image out of my head. ****ing sleep deprived deliriums.

Can't relate so much to the things animating, but when I'm sleep deprived I'll regularly see lines of text or just straight lines on websites in general as slanted or distorted in some way. S'probably normal, doubt it has anything to do with the evil goblins who live in my butt.

That was pretty damn sick. You have an awesome sense of creativity Veggie, and animation skills too.

I especially liked the cartoonified (it's the only word I can think of to explain it) version of yourself. Dat beard.

Thanks guys :) Really I appreciate the comments.

These new smileys weird me out. They're all round-edged and kind of tip their hats to the uncanny valley.

I loved your self portrait dude. Should be your ****ing avatar EVERYWHERE

Back