I need help on the fight with the guards.

megamerger

Reaction score
You know, the antlion guards that pursuited you through the ****ing cave.
That thing got batshit insane now i retrieved the extract, an keeps flinging cars at me.
HOW DO YOU BEAT THOSE TWO?
As if the pursuit wasn't challenging enough!
I tried everything, lobbing grenades, shotgun, EVERYTHING!
I also tried to make a arsenal of explosives to be flinged with the gravity gun, but i have TERRIBILE aim.

Shoot it till it dies. That's 'bout it.

There's a makeshift fort built around the last pounder. Stay inside it and shoot from there. There are also plenty of explosive barrels to use as gravity gun ammo. Heavy props (eg car engines) also do a good deal of damage when shot from the gravity gun.

Try and separate them; it's easier to deal with one rather than two at the same time.

Yeah, just hide behind that fortification and start flinging explosive barrels at them until they both die.

Gather up a shitload of barrels BEFORE you walk over the tracks, then stay inside cover and pelt them with barrels until they die.

If the suggestions above are not good enough, try running out of cover with a crowbar. Bash em' till they die.
Tip: When they charge back at you, try sprint strafing - hold your sprint key (default 'Shift') and then hold your left or right key.

+

Move the mouse so that the Crosshair is pointing at or within the body of the Alien.

Bind mouse1 +attack

Move the mouse so that the Crosshair is pointing at or within the body of the Alien.

There's a makeshift fort built around the last pounder. Stay inside it and shoot from there. There are also plenty of explosive barrels to use as gravity gun ammo. Heavy props (eg car engines) also do a good deal of damage when shot from the gravity gun.

Yeah, just hide behind that fortification and start flinging explosive barrels at them until they both die.

Gather up a shitload of barrels BEFORE you walk over the tracks, then stay inside cover and pelt them with barrels until they die.

These. I usually gather up every barrel there and deposit them near the last thumper. With all them, they usually go down in something like 4-5 barrels each (don't remember exactly).

But don't put them all in one place, I did that once and they all exploding right next to me, leading to an instant death.

Yeah, but as i already have said, i have HORRIBILE aim, and if i get them in my crosshair, they pick up some car right when i fling the barrel, and they just ignore it and throw the barrel at mme.

Do you have a mouse and keyboard? If so, are you using your hands? Using your feet or face to aim is a poor choice.

Ah I see.. poor choice unless you're good with a controler. Can't you just hook a mouse and keyboard to the PS3 and be done with it?

Some games have M&K support on console.
Some.
I don't recall if the console version of HL does.

Yeah nah. OB PS3 doesn't have Mouse & Keyboard support. I found that out for myself.

Oh well..

megamerger, better start working out your aim first, thats a good tip. I know controlers aren't so bad but untill you get used to it, its ****ing horrible.

OB doesn't have lock on for single player? I find that hard to believe.

haha! glad to see you got through it! it was tough for me!

It was easy for me.
Two Words:
Invincibility Cheat
(I have the Xbox360 version of Orange Box. Invincibility cheat on all games on it except TF2! Yes, even portal.)

It was easy for me.
Two Words:
Invincibility Cheat
(I have the Xbox360 version of Orange Box. Invincibility cheat on all games on it except TF2! Yes, even portal.)

Astounding. Why I never thought of that is beyond me.

For that matter, it's a wonder than I spent £30 on 4 games, when I could have bought a DVD for half of that and gotten just as little interaction from it.

God, I'm so dumb.

Back