I need to replace my headphones.

vsaravia

Spy
Reaction score
I need to replace my headphones. The earphone covers disintegrated a few days ago, so that can sort of tell you how old they were. Anyway, I'm looking for something similar to this, but not too expensive, but also not so cheap that it's going to fall apart in a year or two. Any ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

• CIMG0166.JPG
    CIMG0166.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 276
Go with Turtle Beach headphones. they can work with all the game systems and PC! pretty cheap for the quality they give you too. I've bought roughly a dozen type from Sony to RCA to Logitech and Panasonic.....and Turtle Beach are both relatively cheap and very comfy and very awesome sound output. plus they look cool

These are the ones I bought from Walmart, for roughly $60
14506.jpg

http://vpgames.com/p-14506-turtle-beach-xbox-360-pc-ear-force-x11-headaphones-headset-with-live-chat-microphone-for-xbox-360.aspx?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Froogle&utm_campaign=TBS-2155

even better but more expensive!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KklqyDUFoCE

Also I love the fact the cables that run to the TV can also plug in my Home Theater through them, which makes it easy and I never have to switch cables. I just pick up the headset and play

never heard of them. I love my Turtle Beach, but who knows. its one step in the right direction. I don't think I'll even spend less than $20 on a headset again knowing the quality is in the price sometimes

I've got the Sennheiser HD201 and love them. You can order them for less than $20. I got free shipping as well.

Compared to similarly priced headphones, the sound quality is probably leagues better and they are extremely comfortable.

You said headphones, but pictured a headset, so I'd assume you want a mic. There's no mic on the HD-201, however.

never heard of them. I love my Turtle Beach, but who knows. its one step in the right direction. I don't think I'll even spend less than $20 on a headset again knowing the quality is in the price sometimes

Sennheiser are basically one of the leading companies in the ways of anything to do with headphones, and shit.

If I got a Sennheiser, would it not short out on me like every other headset I've ever owned, where one side fails?

The cord on my HD201 is really long. They are obviously intended for home listening.

I wrapped the excess cord in a small oval (sort of like coiling up a rope), and tied it very loosely with a metal tie (like some bread bags come with). So if I trip over the cord, it will release several feet of cord instead of ripping the cord out or someshit.

I have a Logitech G35. Best ****ing headset for gaming ever. And the "surround sound" on it is actually pretty realistic and gives you advantages in games, the bass is great, and it plays music well too.

But they aren't cheap, and if you do get one make sure it's using the Logitech driver not the Windows one.

I have one very similar to this and love it. Has lasted a long time.
Although if I got another I would probably get one a little larger or more comfortable (not that the ones I have are not!) like:
Mine: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275234818&sr=1-1

Amazing sound, great ranges, comfortable and durable. Best $100 I ever spent.

Sennheiser are basically one of the leading companies in the ways of anything to do with headphones, and shit.

I'm happy with my Turtle Beach, plus they don't hurt my ears because they engulf them in comfort...whereas the Sennheiser look like they just press up against your ears. Also the added bass boost equalizes the sound better, and to me sounds more realistic and not overdone. I bought some really nice Sony headphones with Added bass boost and its almost too much bass. They're really comfy though and I can play for hours without me noticing they're on my head

You said headphones, but pictured a headset, so I'd assume you want a mic. There's no mic on the HD-201, however.
Yes, I would like for them to have a mic too. Guess I should have written headset instead.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll check out the Sennheiser line since many of you seem to agree on it.

So what did you end up going with man?

I plan on buying a pair of headphones for myself and my bro some day soon... but I can't make a decision.

I'm stuck choosing between the Sennheiser 201, 280, and 555.

I mean, the 201's have the price thing going for them... but maybe the 280's will be better, though I've read that the 201's are more comfortable than the 280's, especially since I have a huge head.

But the 555's... the 555's have velour! I'm worried about the huge converter though that I've read about with them.

20100608202151clipboard.png

Back