Insects - The bane of my existence.

What is your oppinion of insects?

• Total voters

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
Over the past several days, me and the biggest f*cking mosquito i have ever f*cking seen in my entire f*cking life have played a deadly game of hide and go seek. I first saw him bouncing his dumb face along the wall behind my computer monitors. And from then on, whenever I tried to find some sort of paper towel/napkin/unimportant piece of paper, I would be forced to look away for a second and grab something. In that instant he would have vanished. I would get up, stop everything I was doing and play the waiting game with him. But every time he was nowhere to be found. Several hours later he would pop by again and we would do the dance again. Today we had our final show down. He popped by again in his same place (wall behind my monitors) and I looked down for a split second to grab a napkin I got from taco bell, and of course, he was gone already. I got up and did the same thing I always do, waited for him to come out of his hiding place. This time he made the mistake of doing so. I saw him emerge from behind the curtain. I jumped at the opportunity and slammed my napkin gloved left fist to the wall he was bouncing on. MISSED! DAMN YOU UNCOORDINATED OFF HAND! The bastard didnt appreciate my attempt to smush him against my wall, and he burst right at my face with a startling speed that sent me reeling backwards swinging my hands frantically to protect my face. The showdown ended when I was forced to make a hasty retreat down the hall into my bedroom to recuperate.

I dropped my napkin for a thick wad of papers that made up my AT&T cellphone contract. This made for a more stable and larger weapon. I re-emerged from my room, moving slowly, examining every inch of my still unfamiliar home for my enemy. I came back into the living room, saw him sitting calmly on the wall above my bookcase. Thats when I noticed the bottle of febreze on my desk that I had brought out during our last encounter. Experience has taught me that insects have a hard time maneuvering when weighed down by odor eliminating sticky liquids. I used all the stealth training I had garnered from my lifetime of playing video games and past him and grabbed the spray bottle. DAMN HIM! He did the dissapearing thing again. I retreat back into the hallway to get a closed off view of the living room. I lean up against the wall and wait once more. What seem like hours go by before I catch a glimpse of him again. He comes back out from behind my desk and sticks himself above my monitors. I move forward slowly. Due to my monitors being right there, I decide to hold off on the febreeze. I swing and miss again. All cautions go out the door and I spray the ****er with as many squirts as I can. It phases him enough to call off his attack and retreat behind my couch. I cant see behind it without sticking my face right up against the crack, so I start depth-charging him with febreeze. After awhile I get suspicious of why he isnt coming back out, so I quickly pull the couch away from the wall.

Nothing. Hes disappeared again. The only place he could have gone would be the hallway. I carefully examine the walls as I step in. Then I see a faint darkness against my grey carpet. It must be him. One spray confirms this as he tries to escape the mist of doom, but I have him cornered. My precautionary move of closing all the doors to the other rooms paid off. I unleash squirts upon squirts of odor eliminator until he is weighed down to a point where he cant even move. Now its squish time. My AT&T contract does its work and smushes him into the gap between my carpet and the door frame of my room. Hes dead, and seeing as I couldnt get him to stick to the paper, he is now going to forever be a soggy, mangled corpse halfway shoved underneath my carpet.

TLDR Version: I saw a big bug and wasted half a bottle of febreeze and 30 minutes of my life in order to kill him. I succeeded and am now breathing in the fresh potpourri scent of victory.

Ohhhh, my name's Kryynnn, Mosquitos are so annoyinggg.

Try having these in your basement you baby twat-

I would just leave and never come back. I still feel the crawlies on my skin from the mosquito.

lol dude, I use tissue boxes. Smash and instant tissue to wipe up with.

Thats a good idea. I may need to stock up on that sort of ammunition.

When I was in the second grade I found a molted exoskeleton from a large insect. I put it on my friend's hair and he cried. My other friend and I laughed

Biggest f*cking mosquito you've ever f*cking seen...How big exactly?

It wasn't a cranefly was it?
craneflyadultonwall.jpg

I only find argentine ants and mosquitos to be annoying (because, really, those are the only local pests). The argentine ants are more of just a nuisance. I have an electric fly swatter for the mosquitos.

As I do in every bug thread, I feel I must point out that ants are the freakiest mother****ers in the animal kingdom, and, if they were slightly larger, no one would ever give two shits about spiders or mosquitos ever again.

Idunno, ive seen giant ants and they're not that freaky. Plus its fun to rip their bodies into 3 pieces. I mean, its obviously what god intended when he built them in three distinct parts.

Goddamnet Krrun I was going to get some enlarged images of ants to prove you were a fool, but upon seeing them I just about had a panic attack. Thanks a lot, dick.

What's with you guys and being scared by tiny often venomous hairy creepy-crawly creatures with exoskeletal armour hive mentality and ability to swarm and devour you whole?

The image is still in my mind... I'm just about shitting my ****ing pants over here.

Oh god, **** you man. Spoiler tags you ****. I'm not coming back to this thread.

That antlion looks awesome. Have those little guys in my yard and it's fascinating to watch them ensnare an ant and then rebuild their sarlaac pit. Never seen them up close like that before, or whole. Very cool.

Also, I'm beneath cockroach status.

Well I WAS eating chips but now I'm paranoid that there's bugs mixed in it.

Well I WAS eating chips but now I'm paranoid that there's bugs mixed in it.

Only weevils.

251352631_01aaa2bbce.jpg

Don't be paranoid though... it's like an anteater, eating up all your food.

It looks so awesome.

And holy shit, this one looks awesome too. It looks cute!

3058038617_69d9c5ed0d.jpg

Honestly I can say most of yous are pussies. Live in the country, I've got like 10 spiders in this room right now crawling on my ceiling. I got tons of those centipede things in my basement (mostly in my sinks for some reason). I got rats and moles n shit crawling just outside my house.

They can't kill you, they won't lay eggs in your brain, tis fine.

Or maybe they've laid eggs in my brain already and I'm defending them against my will. But then I wouldn't have said that.

But maybe they are trying to mislead you?

I don't have a problem with insects, just ones that suck my blood or can sting me.

I run like a sissy girl.

The only insect I would actively be terrified of are giant centipedes. Those bitches are aggressive and will **** you up. You should be afraid of them enough to steer clear.

i use an electric fly swatter. ****ing hardcore

Okay, I voted before reading, picking them to be annoying as balls...
But compared to Krynn... Im a ****ing cockroach. And pretty much only read the TL;DR version.

spider-that-could-probably-eat-you.jpg

2631439270_8fc5551fa1.jpg

590594130_4970f2a4d9.jpg

baby_spiders_emerge_from_sack_2.jpg

I actually spoiler tagged it this time, sheepo.

That antlion looks awesome. Have those little guys in my yard and it's fascinating to watch them ensnare an ant and then rebuild their sarlaac pit. Never seen them up close like that before, or whole. Very cool.

Also, I'm beneath cockroach status.
Get a pine needle, fake 'em out by lightly circling their pit and causing bits of dirt to go down until they wake up, and scoop 'em out. They're funny, because they don't really move, they kinda inch backwards with their butt. They'll surely bite if you try to touch them though.

There was this Crane Fly buzzing around my room a few years ago. Needless to say, it's was annoying the **** out of me while it constantly bounced around the place so I tried to catch it. I stood on my swivel chair so I could reach it as it was buzzing around the top of the wardrobe. I didn't think how dangerous this was at the time. The chair then spun around whileI tried to catch the little shit and I fell on my ass. I wacked my elbow on my desk and now I have a scar there. I got owned pretty bad...

There's something very wrong about someone who enjoys live feeding baby mice to centipedes :D

I loooooooooooooooooove insects, arachnids, and other exoskeletal creatures. If my college had a Biology specialization in entomology, I would have taken that route. A couple of my favorites:

goliathus.jpg

SunSpider.jpg

There's also this neat jumping spider video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92AUXhYZ0M

Back