ITS AUGUST 17 HERE w00t HL 2 Preload :)

Conkorg

Reaction score
Its 12:00 AM :) Which is August 17th EAST USA :) OMFG I CANT BELIVE IT WE WILL HAVE PARTS OF HL2 FILES ON OUT HARD DRIVE ITS COMING PEOPLE W00t w00t w00t! Btw Do I have to have a ATI Voucher to preload HL2 ? w00t!

Conkorg said:
Its 12:00 AM :) Which is August 17th EAST USA :) OMFG I CANT BELIVE IT WE WILL HAVE PARTS OF HL2 FILES ON OUT HARD DRIVE ITS COMING PEOPLE W00t w00t w00t! Btw Do I have to have a ATI Voucher to preload HL2 ? w00t!
pwned....................
unles you have one................

**** I dont have one :( Oh well I will be picking it up in stores anywayz :p It will come out on same day as it will on Steam :)

I was waiting for someone to post a topic like this. Although I'd normal be upset and want the topic closed......

This is damn exciting! We've been waiting for so long, and he's right, parts of HL2 will soon be on our computers. "w00t" indeed!

As long as the forums don't end up looking like the CS:S forums I'll be happy, hehe.

There are about 2,000 "I'm pre-loading" threads there. :)

Chances are, if he asked " Do I need an ATI voucher?", then he doesn't have one.

I have a Ati voucher and I just put it in! Can't wait! Who wants to bet they edit the new content into the leaked version?

So you really need a Ati voucher to preload hl2? Why? It just sits on your hd so you won't hafta download it all off once form steam... so it would hurt them bandwith wise if it was only for ati voucher people

Actually, would they start taking Steam orders for HL2 if you don't have the voucher? Seems like sort of a waste to open preloading only to the voucher holders, which would be a really small segment of the people who want to get it over Steam.

I have no idea if they will or not, but I can see a case made either way.

hurts them more if they have to provide upload bandwidth to everyone, especially those who havn't plunked down any money yet, reserved, or might not buy the game. Rather have those cases wait till after those that bought cards witht eh expectations to get special treatment

When and where was it stated that you need an ATi voucher to preload? That would be stupid. The preload will be for everyone on Steam.

ATi vocher is to get HL2 for free if you bought ATi`s series gfx cards.
You can buy HL2 via steam, i guess he pre-orderd.

Shuzer said:
When and where was it stated that you need an ATi voucher to preload? That would be stupid. The preload will be for everyone on Steam.
Well, only for those who're ordering it off of Steam, correct?

ship said:
Well, only for those who're ordering it off of Steam, correct?
No, you can preload, go the store and buy it, then enter your CD key and start playing.

Ummm everyone can download it tomorrow. No one from Valve has said that the HL2 preload tomorrow will only be for ATI voucher holders. Way to spread false info.

Everyone is going to download it tomorrow?

I'll believe that WHEN I SEE IT.

Goodbye bandwidth.

Mr-Fusion said:
Everyone is going to download it tomorrow?

I'll believe that WHEN I SEE IT.

Goodbye bandwidth.

Well, VALVe seems to have limited the amount of bandwidth that can be used to preload, so as steampowered.com, valvesoftware.com and hl2.net won't die along with Steam. Steam seems to be taking the CS:S preload quite well

Letters said:
No, you can preload, go the store and buy it, then enter your CD key and start playing.
No. You cant. The preload only contains certain files (this was stated many times) there still will be an installation and some more files taht you will need.

Haha, oh no! A minute! I might.....like.....die in that one minute! :eek:

Thanks for answering my question. I still plan on just buying the game, but it'll be fun to see you all preloading and enjoying yourselves. :)

LOL YOU THINK YOU ARE ALL HARD CORE GETTIN A PRELOAD!!
WELL I GET A PRELOAD!!
AND!

i get to meet the man gabe tomarow!!!!!!! im gonna ask him lotsa questions
and lotsa pictures

ps why woulld pre load start when it hasnt goen gold..?

Well me not to excited because I'll wait until it comes out in stores. I do not have an ATI thingy and I plan on getting the collectors edition so..I'll be truly happy when HL2 is in my hands.

Shuzer said:
Because Gabe said it would start on the 17th.
can i have a link to where he said it..
Im gonan have to ask him tomarow :smoking:

I didnt eaven knwo hl2 was done

sHm0zY said:
LOL YOU THINK YOU ARE ALL HARD CORE GETTIN A PRELOAD!!
WELL I GET A PRELOAD!!
AND!

i get to meet the man gabe tomarow!!!!!!! im gonna ask him lotsa questions
and lotsa pictures

ps why woulld pre load start when it hasnt goen gold..?

so that they can test out some bugs and stuff w/ the cs:s beta all the cs:cz and ati voucher holders will be playing this wednesday i believe. doing this will make it go gold even faster once they see/fix all the kinks in everything :naughty:

It's not gone gold yet, they're only preloading parts of the game. If I think I'm right, which i do, then it's the stuff that's not gonna change from here to release, like textures, audio, models, etc.

Damn you Shuzer.

It'll go gold soon.
They've released another Bink movie and they said they would only release Bink video's closer to the gold announcement/release and they are preloading the game so they must be fairly confident that it'll go gold soon.

This game will be out late september - early october NO DOUBT.

sHm0zY said:
then how come im hearign october as the relece date
I'm hearing mid september - october release date. Which fits what i said

im among those that think the preload will be open to anyone who wishes to do so. i thought it wasnt even an issue until i read this thread.

Back