It's finally snowing here

I wish it snowed in California.

It's pretty moderate right now, wearing shorts.

I wish that it could somehow snow when it's 20 degrees out. I'd love to go snowboarding in shorts and a t-shirt :D

The weather here has sucked balls lately. It's absolutely freezing cold all the time, and it still won't snow. Is it any different in your part of the province?

Eh I'm not far from you (Niagara Falls), no snow no nothing other then it being ****ing cold.

it's ridiculous how snow always has to get into your shoes, even if it's not high enough to reach the main entrance to the shoe it will still get in.

First white Christmas we've had in Scotland in ages.

I miss snow. :(

I Am starting to despise the weather here in California. We only have two seasons here.
Ridiculous hot summers that never seem to end then we have shitty, drab and rainy Winters. It's ****ing depressing and my seasonal allergies are acting up. God damn, thousands of trees here in Sacramento.

I Am so moving back to Chicago next year. I can't ****ing wait.

Right now there is a LOT of snow here but according to the forecast , it will all melt by Friday
*sigh*
I was hoping for a snowy Christmas.

I love going abroad for xmas.

But at the same time, it almost always seems to snow when ever we go away from the UK for xmas.

For example, this year, some of the deepest snow falling on record.

And theres a very strong chance that Devon will have a white xmas.

Damn you global warming!

It's finally stopped snowing here, thank god.

Wut? Snow is awesome, man!

It snowed like a meter somewhere to the west of here. I wish the clouds would move over here soon so that i can enjoy 300mm of snow like I was promised. Seriously, snow is so awesome. It just needs to learn to stay off the roads.

I am going over to a buddy tonight who lives on the other side of town and I wasn't really looking forward to doing that in a semi-blizzard.

Oh.

Sometimes it sucks, I suppose. But on the bright side, you get to test your resolve and friendship! :D

Oh.

Sometimes it sucks, I suppose. But on the bright side, you get to test your resolve and friendship! :D

He just sent me a text message that he could understand if I'd stay home, but also that he had beer. Can't back off now.

/enters winter wonderland

My snowman has been destroyed, utterly.
Did you fire a rifle shot at its head?

I was thinking of putting a Tuxedo on a snowman; making it the most expensive and well dress Snowman

First time I have driven in snow, I hit blackice a few times, but its nothing that I haven't been able to get out off

Actually, I'm not sure what happened to the snowman. I assumed that he was destroyed; he may have gained life and run off, or possibly just been stolen away. But there is no trace of him that I can see.

Perhaps he was just spread out.

Right, that was a fail. Got about 1 mile from my house and then it turned out the trams were broken down. Had to walk all the way back through the snow. Was nice though; Amsterdam looks great in the snow.

Some roads were closed. They are clear now, but my car is almost completely buried:

Just cleared it off a little while ago. ****. It's a lot deeper than it looks. The snow is up to my knees, and trying to clear the sides away, I just gave up.

I knew from experience that the snow will freeze the car to the ground and it's much harder to get off if you wait a couple days, so I got most of the snow off of the surface, and I cleared around the edges.

I sort of need to get to the bank tomorrow.

lol, I just want to drive around like that. A big pile of snow, rollin', bitches.

Wanted to go to the movies but forgot my car was still covered. Though the pal I was going with couldn't anyways so in a few days we'll both be good.

We only have had slight flurries thus far. Which sucks, because this happened the last couple years, and we've always gotten ice storms... D:

Oh yeah, I think I remember you posting a ton of pictures of the aftermath a year or two back. Your car was iced over and everything. It looked terrifying and awesome.

We're finally getting snow tonight :D But supposedly we won't see a real accumulation until Wednesday. At this rate, I'll be happy as long as you can't see the grass on Christmas morning.

snowstorm_eastcoast-660x439.jpg

The snowstorm that blanketed the East Coast this weekend was so big, it is even impressive from space. NASA’s Aqua satellite took this image centered on Washington, D.C., on Sunday with its MODIS instrument.

The blizzard shut down the federal government, stranded travelers, left hundreds of thousands without power and crushed the hopes of many retailers hoping for big sales during the weekend before Christmas.

The image covers 300 miles lengthwise. The two big rivers near the center are the Susquehanna (to the north) and Potomac rivers, which run into Chesapeake Bay. Washington, D.C., sits alongside the Potomac, just north of the river’s hook-shaped curve. The inlet to the north is Delaware Bay.

Aqua satellite: http://aqua.nasa.gov/

Higher-resolution image from NASA: http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/view.php?id=41979&src=eorss-nh

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/12/east-coast-blizzard-from-space?npu=1&mbid=yhp

We're finally getting snow tonight :D But supposedly we won't see a real accumulation until Wednesday. At this rate, I'll be happy as long as you can't see the grass on Christmas morning.

I know, I went to work and it started snowing - fuuuuuuuuuck yea!

We got about half a metre here. Snowed the entire day on Saturday and most of Sunday. It's the most snow we've had in a decade, I think.

I know, I went to work and it started snowing - fuuuuuuuuuck yea!
Snowed here too! Still not as much as I want, but it should be at least an inch by this time tomorrow.

/that's what she said

I don't know what the weather is reporting now, but we're almost at half a foot. I know this is paltry compared to some places, but it's pretty great. My town seems to be a like a giant snow drift, on the edge of the hills.

God damn that image looks like the one from the movie The Day After Tomorrow.

Snowed here too! Still not as much as I want, but it should be at least an inch by this time tomorrow.

/that's what she said

**** sakes, I woke up this morning to a BRIGHT SUNNY ****ING DAY. See ya, snow.

Snow sucks when you have to shovel it every night, but then again the cold rain in Florida sucks even harder due to the ease of getting sick from being wet, but so does black ice in Maryland cuz your always struggling to stay standing on sidewalks and when you DO bust your ass everyone's like, "AHHH HA HA HA!!! THAT CRACKER BUSTED HIS ASS!!! ROFL". Then again, we have to deal with that from time to time in Florida too.

Suck-o-meter:

Snow in Maryland - 8/10

Cold rain in Flordia - 11/10

A bonus point for Florida's emo-like weather pattern. It can't decide whether or not to stay cold winter long.

Florida sucks.

I think I heard on the radio that that snow storm that first went through was named the biggest in 30 years (at least for the midwest).
And we are going to get another storm coming through with freezing rain/snow on Wed morning. And then more snow on Christmas day. Not as much snow but this time there will be ice everywhere too.

Back