It's official... Project LemonLime is a go.

Doomsayer

Reaction score
---------------------The Official Deus Ex: Source Thread-------------------

Not much to say, this will recreate Deus Ex in it's entirety, no changes to the storyline will be made. We will however, take some "artistic liberties" with some aspects of the game. But enough of my pointless, crappy rant. On to the feature list.

• Tweaked skill system, different amounts of points in different places.
  • New weapons. Planned weapons include: Uzi (Pistol Class), Grenade Launcher (Heavy Weapons), variations of existing guns (New assault rifles, shotguns, etc.)
  • New skills will be included, like dual-wielding, athletics (Swimming will likely be absorbed into this category), and sneaking.
  • New entry points to areas, most involving physics (Boxes, bridges, walls, etc.)
  • Possibly new quests, still being debated.

Anyway, feedback is always appreciated, thank you! Oh, and if you're interested in helping, check out this thread here .

i'm glad that you got permission to use such a fine license, just don't shame it by making a crappy mod! :LOL: I doubt that, that will happen, good luck with the mod, can't wait to see it in action, i'm interested to see how you pull everything off, especially the skill systems and such... well... good luck once again...

You actually got permission? Or do you mean you are just going to start anyway? (CHOP. Cease and desisted!)

sounds awsome hopefully you do do a good job on it
I will be making comparisons, you have been warned

If you pull this off im most likely going to just piss myself.

I think that you should leave the story as it is. But add extensions or mini mods. About changed some of the weaspons etc. I dont mind as long as all the Deus Ex weapons, upgrades, skills etc are inside ill be happy.

One thing that i think you guys will have a hard time with is the dialog. Deus Ex had an INSANE amount of dialog. Everyone had something to say. All the people on the street etc. Will you be able to add all of it 100% with the same voices etc? If so then you are my GOD!

Oh and how long do you THINK it will take to port this?

You can start a thread, asking for voice actors on this forum. I'm sure there are enough people who will respond.

I never played Deus ex.. Heard it was quite good.. but never played it.. I'll wait for this mod to find out :D

Sufferin-rebel said:
I never played Deus ex.. Heard it was quite good.. but never played it.. I'll wait for this mod to find out :D

You should play the original 1st. No one can remake it 100%.

Oh and about voice actors. If they arent using the sounds/music/voices from the original ill tell you right now this wont have nearly the same feel as Deus Ex.

Voice actors? What voice actors? Sounds can be ripped directly from the original game.

Doomsayer said:
Voice actors? What voice actors? Sounds can be ripped directly from the original game.

Thats what i like to hear. Oh and btw does anyone remember that song in Deus Ex the one when you go back to the bar in the city. eh not much of an explanation but how do i go about ripping the songs out of the game. I have the soundtrack and game but the song im looking for isnt on the soundtrack.

congadulations and good luck, although some parts I didn't like about Deus ex (combat) it was a good game.

hope the license(sp?) holders will be gentle :)

There are players/rippers/converters out there for UT music files, although I don't remember off hand where they are or what they're called. I believe the file format is .usx, but am probably mistaken. Just google for Unreal Tournament music export and you should find what you need.

pvtbones said:
hope the license(sp?) holders will be gentle :)

They won't be. They'll come down on the mod like a tonne of bricks, and they'll probably wait for a load of work to be completed on it first. It'll be a quick cease and desist.

And ripping musics from the original game to put into the mod? Now that'll make them even less lenient, even though their lawyers are already merciless.

Just a friendly warning.

-Angry Lawyer

Even if they have permission, I doubt they could rip the originals to use in DX:S. I have DX1, but not everyone will have it, and I doubt they have permission to do that.

I can't wait. Of course, the original DX can't beat the mod, perhaps it will come in 2nd place as a great game. I hope all goes well, like the inventory system. I wonder how the maps will work. DX's maps were pretty big (Liberty Island was pretty large by itself) compared to maps like HL's, so I doubt you need to re-split the map segments into new ones - keep the originals I think, would be nice.

I regret to inform you that the Deus Ex: Source has been cancelled due to a lack of help for the mod. Two guys in a basement just can't do it themselves. Sorry.

Did you guys get permission to do it? People dont want to join because they are afraid all their work will be a wast. Have you guys tryed contacting modders? Posting on modding sites? etc. You cant just wait around for people to see a random posted named. "It's official... Project LemonLime is a go."

I know, that's why there's a post in the "Help Wanted and Offered forum" called "Need Help for Deus Ex: Source".

wouldn't bother doing a mod like this recreating an existing game without explicit written permission because it will probably get canned. Only thing you COULD do is make a mod similar in style but different enough to be its own mod.

This would also take a long time to make

If you get permission, I think there will be ****ing LINES of modders just WAITING to join your mod. Seriously, if I could map, skin, model, whatever, I'd join you guys.

Wait, haven't you been listening? There are NO modders willing to help! That's why there's no more mod! And aeroripper, did you read any of the previous posts?

I guess nobody wants to work on a project that's very likely to get shut down ;)

I'd like to help Mapping... i just love Deus Ex... en about being shut down: we'll see what happens...

There are NO modders willing to help! That's why there's no more mod!
Omg the 3rd sign of the apocalypse
Have you tried other (more map/skin/whatever related) forums?

Beerdude26 said:
Omg the 3rd sign of the apocalypse
Have you tried other (more map/skin/whatever related) forums?

im with stupid :)
Ever tried other forums? And what about showing some stuff you guys made to other people? This can really make others enthousiastic!

I'd love to help, but I'm a newbie mapper, I don't know what to say.

I don't understand who you would have to get permission from, Ion Storm... doesn't exist.

I would love to see this mod, it sounds like it could really work.

Edit: Sorry, I just read this "Second, the laws have been taken care of, that's not an issue."

Come on you lazy mappers and coders, this mod has got it where it counts!

Back