It's raining like hell here

Companion Cube
Reaction score
2ikcj1v.jpg

This is around 4km from where I live. Apparently it hasn't rained this much since 1989.

Currently 500mm, and another 250mm of rain expected to rain today. This is pretty much a third of the average yearly rainfall falling in one day.

I live on the third floor, so no worries. I have my computer, and electricity and the internet is still on.

I can't go outside though.

Wow that's incredible. And I thought we got a lot of rain here in SLC today. (1ft in some places)
I hope that your people are okay though and nobody got washed away.

Well, it's the capital. The subway is still working, thanks to emergency NBC covers blocking the water from flooding the tunnels. The automatic pumping systems are working at full load. Probably nobody will die from flooding in Seoul.

10 dead in the provinces though. Mudslides wrecked a town. I normally like rain, and stuff that falls from the sky, but **** this shit.

Take a boat and go shopping. Actually, that sounds incredibly dangerous if the water starts moving fast.

Here's what you do - Get every bit of bubble wrap in the country, and get divers to put it under water at your most southern point, south end of the country lifts up and the water ****s off into north Korea :)

It's terrible to say (people have died) but that looks super fun. Can you go to the shops in a dinghy?

We've had a couple of floods like that before. Only 1 dude got his foot stuck and drowned in it, though. I remember people in some areas having to be evacuated by fire teams via small boats. Luckily I live on a hill so where my house actually is wasn't affected, just nearby towns.

Still, that looks pretty damn bad. Water damage is an absolute bitch as well. Good job you're higher up.

Yeah, I couldn't resist and went outside. It was awesome. The water tunnels couldn't hold the pressure and started to flow backwards, and the manhole covers all burst into the sky (albeit a few feet at most) and created a gigantic fountain. And to top that all, the dedicated bus drivers of this city goes right through the carnage, dropping off people and plowing right through the water like an awesome mechanical version of moses.

I found a few pics:

96vnft.jpg

2chuzvd.jpg

332qr1k.jpg

"And yet it moves..."

This is kind of interesting, as we had similiar rainfalls all over here the past few days and it doesn't look like they're going to stop.

Should we start repenting?

When I imagined the end of the world, I imagined something awesome like fire everywhere and stuff blowing up.

Not Waterworld. *shudders*

Btw, it's still raining. How much water can those clouds hold? D:

I have no idea. It looks like part of it collapsed, but I haven't heard of this happening.

Texas will gladly take some of that rain off of your hands. Just send it on over, we won't mind. :)

Stay safe and hope the internet doesn't go out.

In fact, we'll just go ahead and take all of it.

Like Hell? I would have thought Hell's rain would have, like, lava and fire and shit.

On a serious note, I hope you and those you care about remain safe.

This is terrible, but that does look like great fun. A certain image comes to mind...
meh.ro5526-455x369.jpg

Back