ITT: The 90s

Never say an unkind word about Scott McNeil. He is perfect Piccolo according to Toriyama. And he's a cool dude. His Piccolo is, grudgingly, better than Sabat's.
Oh god I remember that snarly voice (assuming that was him). Don't know if he kept that up in that later eps but I think a wiser Piccolo would need a different voice.

Sabat voiced Piccolo exactly how he voiced Vegeta. It didn't work out well. If you watch the Ocean dub of Piccolo and Kami fusing vs. the Funi dub, you'll see the difference. McNeil's Piccolo is perfect. He should be scratchy and snarly.

Too bad the rest can't be said about Kami. Or Mr. Popo. Mr. Popo's voice in the Ocean dub is actually unwatchably horrendous.

I think it's a good thing that the dubbing was switched over at roughly the same time the art style has changed (Why did the style change so much? I'm sure you'd know Darkside) By the time Sabat's voice was fully chosen the art and look of Vegeta suited him. While it was more cartoonish Drummond suited the character a lot better (Watch a funi bud of an early episode, Sabats voice sounds ridiculous on such a slender character)

I honestly can't say why the art style changed. I don't know whether it was just an evolution of design thing or a budget thing. In my opinion the change wasn't too drastic though. It's no JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. (Which is THE most radical change in artstyle I've ever seen throughout a comic series, especially being penned by the same mangaka)

But yeah, the reverse works too--if you watch Brian Drummond in the latter episodes, it's doesn't fit Vegeta at all. I'm glad the switch happened when it did. I do still prefer some of the Ocean voices to the Funimation voices, but Vegeta's isn't one of them.

Oh where to begin.

It was when TV shows were still interesting and halfway original, and kids were still allowed to play outside and teachers weren't pushovers, before nuLabour made the UK the Killjoy country it is.

When I actually liked anime and watched Tenshi without thinking about the associated social stigma attached to it due to the social cripples who repulse normal humans, like those weirdo's who make you eventually stop going to Games Workshop.

Ninja Turtles and Captain Planet.

Ren and Stimpy.

The Simpsons (**** they are still here?).

The Crystal Maze.

Tamagotchi's and how my sister lost hers by dropping it and it bounced and fell down a drain, even I felt bad for her and I hated my sister so.

That Yoyo fad at my secondary school near the end of that most mighty of decades.

The western world still recovering from the 80's.

My sister's many obsessions with boy bands, I could recall the lyrics from Backstreet boy songs from memory and I didn't even like them...

Take That.

Melanie C before she decided she would rather be attractive then a chav. God she was ugly.

Ginger Spice when she still dressed like a cockney slapper.

56k was impressive.

WTF is "bloom effect"?, and Master who?.

Spartans weren't given due respect for being ****ing badass.

We thought America was a nice country with nice honest leaders who did nice things (I was a kid, gimme some slack...).

Ah yes, the 90's...

I honestly can't say why the art style changed. I don't know whether it was just an evolution of design thing or a budget thing. In my opinion the change wasn't too drastic though. It's no JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. (Which is THE most radical change in artstyle I've ever seen throughout a comic series, especially being penned by the same mangaka)

But yeah, the reverse works too--if you watch Brian Drummond in the latter episodes, it's doesn't fit Vegeta at all. I'm glad the switch happened when it did. I do still prefer some of the Ocean voices to the Funimation voices, but Vegeta's isn't one of them.
This made me hate virtually all of these characters

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=L-bghJEjxV4

I love the nineties. But then, I was a kid. I had no taste.

DID YOU NOT SEE MY GOD DAMN EDIT **** YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

k?

002.jpg

Folks, you all know me. I'm Toots, Joan of Arc's foster grandpa. Now I may be blind, but I can see certain things loud and clear. This is a room full of scared people making a decision based on fear and ignorance. Now when I left the house this evening I intended to go to Giovanni's Italian Restaurant. I can tell I'm in the wrong place. So, if you'll excuse me, I'll leave and let you get on with your meeting.

My two best friends are friends with Robert Axelrod, the voice of Lord Zedd.

BS darkside, quit trying to enlarge your e-penis with lies of the great Lord Zedd.
Anyways memories from 90s:
clerks.jpg

MetalGearSolid.jpg

I wish I could enlarge my e-penis and say I'M friends with Lord Zedd, but I'm not. I personally have never met the guy.

But you know a guy who knows a guy, we get it, you're connected. You can stop talkin about it now.

Don't get mad because your friends don't have luncheons with Lord Zedd. :LOL:

It's Greenkata who knows him, btw. Guy who has the Green Ranger coin in his avatar, never posts, still a manhack.

I'm trying to think who else I know who'd have nostalgic value from the 90's...drawing a bit of a blank. Only guy I keep thinking of is the head of Gainax, if any of you happened to watch Evangelion in the 90s.

Dude who played the cat in FLCL?

Who? One of the guys who founded the company? How in the hell do you know this guy, are you an artist? Or just an obsessive otaku stalker or something?

horrid01.jpg

Hiroyuki Yamaga. Did he play the cat? I know he was executive producer on that show.

And as to how I met him, galpal of mine knows him from when he takes trips to Fanime. She was staff at the con for several years, and would always ask him for drawings. I met him through her. Nice guy.

And uh...I'm an artist and have been recognized for my work but I can't show you what it is because I'd totally get banned. Let's just say that this left hand of mine doesn't only draw stick figures.

Darkseid is secretly one of the top 10 doujin artists in the country.

Let's just say that this left hand of mine doesn't only draw stick figures.

I'm left handed as well, and an aspiring artist so you could always pm them to me. Just out of curiousity...believe me I know the pull of the darkside and its perversions.

I am also an well known artist and have been recognise for my work and please send me pictures now.

I miss the 90's everything was so great, from TV to Video games. There was Rugrats, Doug, N64, and so many other things

Haha wow Darkside draws hentai. First veggies with the loli, now this. I hope you both enjoy being socially rejected by all but a fraction of a percent of people. Hey, true friends are rare, right?

But...I've never been socially rejected.
Good ending was pretty good. The Disney ending, I mean. The Disney series was pretty lacking compared to the original Nick series, but the ending was like, pretty damn good.

Trivia: Doug was also left-handed.

Back