Jack Thompson was once a member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturos

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with that obnoxious video game hater/lawyer from Florida? I heard he was once a member here, just to harass the HL2.net members, saying stuff like, "A video game community? What's next, a necromancer community?" I could never find him on the current and banned members list though. Can anyone dig up any links for any evidence of his membership? That would be interesting.

Heh, Jack Thompson is mentioned semi-regularly - often in the same sentence as the words "retard" and "hate".

I'd never heard of him registering here just to harass us - sounds more like a rumour to me.

Never heard of such a thing. Then again, I only ever post in The Lounge

Yes... that's right... it's called The Lounge dammit! And this sub-forum is called Off-Topic.

Grrr... pointless changes make me pointlessly angry.

Heh, Jack Thompson is mentioned semi-regularly - often in the same sentence as the words "retard" and "hate".

I'd never heard of him registering here just to harass us - sounds more like a rumour to me.
I should ask Jintor. He once had a quote by Jack Thompson in his profile. The exact same quote stated above actually. I'm pretty sure it was from HL2.net. Unless it was someone posing as Jack, which is a possibility too. It sounded like something stupid Jack would say though.

Never heard of such a thing. Then again, I only ever post in The Lounge

Yes... that's right... it's called The Lounge dammit! And this sub-forum is called Off-Topic.

Grrr... pointless changes make me pointlessly angry.

I've seen you post in the games sections before haven't I?

I've seen you post in the games sections before haven't I?

You didn't get the point of my tirade. Everything from The Lounge to Music and Musicians was once called Off-Topic. I hate the new changes. :eek:

I almost never post anywhere else but those 8 sub-forums(though technically 7... I don't post in fan-fiction as it is a newer and inferior sub-forum)).

:monkee:

It would be so awesome if Jack was a member here. Unfortunately, I don't think this has ever been the case.

It would be so awesome if Jack was a member here. Unfortunately, I don't think this has ever been the case.

We'd drive him away so fast he wouldn't have time to make his second post.

He could have his own topic where there'd be a one-against-all battle royale as he argues against everybody by his lone self. It would be epic.

He could have his own topic where there'd be a one-against-all battle royale as he argues against everybody by his lone self. It would be epic.

At least it would prevent him from doing stupid shit by occupying all his time responding to us.

I'd just ban him.

And I don't even have mod powers yet.

Absinthe said:

I now have a mental image of him sitting at his desk, reading our well-thought out posts and counter arguments to his claims that violent video games will be the downfall of morals and human society as we know it. We'll be smart and collected, while he posts his usual tripe, citing "sources" and referencing the old standbys like Columbine.

After about thirty responses in the thread, his arguments will go out the window and he'll resort to flaming us with personal attacks and subpar insults, like he does to any gamer who e-mails him.

After around eighty posts, he'll be frothing at the mouth, wild-eyed, screaming incoherently at the monitor and posting sentence fragments like, "SHUT UP!" which just barely pass the 5char requirement.

At 100 replies, you'll know what it looks like when a man slams his face into his keyboard and clicks "submit."

I now have a mental image of him sitting at his desk, reading our well-thought out posts and counter arguments to his claims that violent video games will be the downfall of morals and human society as we know it. We'll be smart and collected, while he posts his usual tripe, citing "sources" and referencing the old standbys like Columbine.

After about thirty responses in the thread, his arguments will go out the window and he'll resort to flaming us with personal attacks and subpar insults, like he does to any gamer who e-mails him.

After around eighty posts, he'll be frothing at the mouth, wild-eyed, screaming incoherently at the monitor and posting sentence fragments like, "SHUT UP!" which just barely pass the 5char requirement.

At 100 replies, you'll know what it looks like when a man slams his face into his keyboard and clicks "submit."

rofl5

It's a quotation of his, but I was just using the quote tags to give the appearance that it was from these forums.

God said:
SEE WHAT I MEAN?

You have a small face if you could only hit 3 keys.

I believe he still is a member.

Yes, that was a penis innuendo joke.

:LOL:

remenber that when he talks he mentiong himself in 3rd person.maybe is the same whit posts?

OMG I laughed. Then saved this post.

I belong to Necromancer-2.net!
We love to talk about any game that features Necromancy as a class.
We talk all day about how to make Black Soul Gems on Oblivion, And who has made the most.
:D

I think I love you.

Yeah, that was pretty funny.I get this mental image of Mr. Thompson freaking out. :D

I answered your question on the top of the second page btw, but nobody seemed to notice. D:

I answered your question on the top of the second page btw, but nobody seemed to notice. D:
Sorry, I didn't notice before. Where did you dig that signature up from? You mad up a tag using a quotation from somewhere else? It would be funny if he were a member. At first, I was hoping it was true

I think it was on the wikiquotes thingy for Jack Thompson.

A: Was it actually him?

B: Wasn't he disbarred by the Florida Bar association?

Absolute win. Funny thing is that it would happen too.

Also, rofl at whoever posted what its like to smash there face into a keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back