Journalist sentenced to death for downloading anti-islam article

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
A court on Tuesday sentenced a 23-year-old journalism student to death for distributing a paper he printed off the Internet that three judges said violated the tenets of Islam, an official said.

The three-judge panel sentenced Sayad Parwez Kambaksh to death for distributing a paper that humiliated Islam, said Fazel Wahab, the chief judge in the northern province of Balkh, where the trial took place. Wahab did not preside over the trial.

clearly Iran should be invaded ...oh wait:

An Afghan court on Tuesday sentenced a 23-year-old journalism student to death for distributing a paper he printed off the Internet that three judges said violated the tenets of Islam, an official said.

The three-judge panel sentenced Sayad Parwez Kambaksh to death for distributing a paper that humiliated Islam, said Fazel Wahab, the chief judge in the northern province of Balkh, where the trial took place. Wahab did not preside over the trial.

goddam fanatics lets invade afghanistan ...oh wait

hey arent we running things in that neck of the woods?

Wahab said that only President Hamid Karzai can forgive Kambaksh because he had confessed to violating the tenets of Islam.

there's hope yet ...Karzai's one of us, a western stooge, surely he'll bow under western pressure

God damn mother ****ing asshole radical Islam idiots.

It's not a matter of invading a country. It's a matter of forcing them to change their stupid ways through international channels that will alienate them from the rest of the world if they do not adopt more appropriate human and civil rights for their citizens that conforms to a more modern world.

We need to put them in a pressure cooker, not throw them on the barbecue and squirt them with lighter fluid.

Whatever the outcome, I'm sure it will be miiighty tasty.

God damn mother ****ing asshole radical Islam idiots.

It's not a matter of invading a country. It's a matter of forcing them to change their stupid ways through international channels that will alienate them from the rest of the world if they do not adopt more appropriate human and civil rights for their citizens that conforms to a more modern world.

We need to put them in a pressure cooker, not throw them on the barbecue and squirt them with lighter fluid.

but you've already invaded ..the journalist is an afghan

Ah Afghan courts. So barbaric and pathetic that the judges need to be shot for what is nothing more than murder. If it were up to me, we would force these countries to change they're ways.

Ah Afghan courts. So barbaric and pathetic that the judges need to be shot for what is nothing more than murder. If it were up to me, we would force these countries to change they're ways.
So you agree with Bush's foreign policy?

Democracy and justice has to come from within.

So you agree with Bush's foreign policy?

Democracy and justice has to come from within.

how naive,if 95% (example) of Afghanis want democracy but the other 5% or the ones in power that naive notion doesn't mean Jack,even though in this case since the U.S is running the show hopefully the guy will go free.

Why punishable by the Death Penalty? I would settle with 10 lashings, had they ever heard of a leather whip?

Oh, that Karzai... I wonder how this sits with him, because on one side, he's the symbol of freedom in Afghanistan... Well, the parts of Afghanistan under his control, anyway, and on the other side, he knows that now that it's a pseudo-democracy, they'll boot his ass out if he's not Islamic enough.

Poor, poor Karzai.

Yeah. Brute mother****ing force.

your country is in afghanistan ..why dont they do something? ..they're (the coalition) in charge are they not? enlist in the military now, there's a good chance you can arrive in afghanistan before his execution

Kadayi Polokov said:
LOL, surely Iran must be behind this medieval madness though?

yes, only in iran does the US put into power a government who's pretty much the same or worse than the government they had before ...or maybe iraq ..ya iraq is like iran in the the US put into power people who are no better than those they replaced ..or the Congo, or Haiti, or dominican republic, el salvador, laos, ecuador, chile etc etc etc ..which leads me to my next point

kirovman said:
What was the point in replacing the Taliban?

..but these people are different ..they say "how high" when the US asks them to jump ........... for now

hey how's those there ah taliban? wondering if they're at all envious?

"hey!!!, that used to me in that position of power handing out death sentences for daring to look in the general direction of anything remotely resembling something that given some obscure set of circumstances MIGHT be offensive to this holy book that may or may not have been written by an idiot like me ..I've said too much and have transgressed Islam, I should cut my ear off/give myself 40 lashes ...if only we had played ball with the americans, that would be me giving out death sentences ;( "

how naive,if 95% (example) of Afghanis want democracy but the other 5% or the ones in power that naive notion doesn't mean Jack,even though in this case since the U.S is running the show hopefully the guy will go free.

Where are you getting that 95% figure from?

People like you need to stop pretending like you know how people over there think. Those people have been brainwashed since birth to believe in Islam, and Islamic law. You will not be able to change that anymore than you could change how an evangelical christian sees the world. Democratic change in that part of the country will take decades once that part of the country becomes stable. It will never become stable if we continue to drop bombs on them or commit other atrocities in the region. Everything we have done in the last few years has made democracy there impossible, it has not helped it in anyway.

Wait, is this about the infinite stupidity of Islam, religion, and the dip shits who use it to justify all sorts of abuses, or is this about Stern wanting to suck off the ayatollah?.

*confused*

In either case, **** religion.

:)

Wait, is this about the infinite stupidity of Islam, religion, and the dip shits who use it to justify all sorts of abuses,

you mean the people the US put into power after the US replaced the old "dipshits" who used religion to justify all sorts of abuses? you know ...the taliban/mujahideen/al qaeda?

or is this about Stern wanting to suck off the ayatollah?.

do you mean the grand ayatollah? in afghanistan? that would be quite the feat considering he's in iran

At least the Taliban had redeeming features. Like being friends with Rambo.

until rambo stopped needing them ..then it was all explosive arrows and double barreled justice in the name of uncle sam

ah ****. Now I don't know what to think.

Back