just had an idea for a competition next years holiday sale

Reaction score
it's a little late to get it organized for this year...but how about for next year Halflife2.net makes a competition where you have to guess the daily deals?

so basically the day before the deals are revealed people list what games they think will featured....who ever has guessed most correct ones, gets gifted the cheapest on the list.

if no one guessed correctly it's a lottery for everyone who entered, if multiple people get the same amount of correct guesses it's lottery between them(or if the hl2.net staff is generous I guess they can reward them all)

what do you think?:eek:

I like the idea a lot. But I think it would be difficult to move around so many tiny amounts of money, especially over services like Paypal. And the inherent risk of bypassing that and doing wire transfers between our personal bank accounts.

How about a contest where a mod prints out all the names of the users out there, at least ones with steam ids and those participating in the constest, then throws them in a hat and broadcasts them live on justintv or something. it would both bring a lot of users to the site and everyone would have an equal chance. have like a countdown, "10 days of games" or something to that effect

I like the idea a lot. But I think it would be difficult to move around so many tiny amounts of money, especially over services like Paypal. And the inherent risk of bypassing that and doing wire transfers between our personal bank accounts.

what the hell are you talking about?

users submit their steam name and their guesses...mods figures out who got the most correct guesses, mods then gift them whatever is the cheapest deal of the day.

How about a contest where a mod prints out all the names of the users out there, at least ones with steam ids and those participating in the constest, then throws them in a hat and broadcasts them live on justintv or something. it would both bring a lot of users to the site and everyone would have an equal chance. have like a countdown, "10 days of games" or something to that effect

I like my idea better...it's more fun as it actually requires something of the contestants.
also I fail to see how any one get anymore of an equal chance than what I suggested.

I like my idea better...it's more fun as it actually requires something of the contestants.
also I fail to see how any one get anymore of an equal chance than what I suggested.

I like my idea better, because more users means more chances for public spotlight and then hl2.net will become something greater...something wonderful!

The problem with this contest is that normally someone will get some keys and then have a contest to give them away... Not the other way around. They can't just go get keys for games with no heads up, and so they'd have to go into their own pockets to buy the games for the winners.

Then they'd know the cheapest deal and corrupt mod d00ds will tell their non-mod d00ds who'll just fake a guess.

Then they **** off to Mischief Street to split the loot.

This would all be rather easy with the steam gift system... Since most of us have our steam ID's listed already...

The problem with this contest is that normally someone will get some keys and then have a contest to give them away... Not the other way around. They can't just go get keys for games with no heads up, and so they'd have to go into their own pockets to buy the games for the winners.
Call us cheap bastards but the HL2.net staff have been busy over the sale period picking up all the best deals for competition prizes over the coming year. We've done pretty well and will be using them for proper competitions over the year.

So... Huh?

Does that mean it'd be feasible or what?

Back