KRATOS!!!

Rizzo

Tank
Reaction score
God of war 3. **** YEAH! This game is awesome. I just bought it and let me tell you, this game, and Red dead redemption when it's released and I will never need to buy another game probably.

Best thing so far, the fight with Hercules. Epic. Also ripping the head off Helios.
Some critics say that one of the games flaw is that the story doesnt really pick up untill later in the game, but for me that's a big plus. I thought there was to much plots in God of war I & II.

Anyone else got it yet?

That was a joke :p
But I love this game. I have to go to work soon so I can't play for a while though. But then weekend! Im pretty broke so I won't go out. Probably.

Yes, one of mates bought The Trilogy Edition, it's f*ckin' sweet! I was just watching him play it. It was so f*cking Gorey & Brutal I loved it. Ripping the head off Helios was pretty intense too.

I just got done mopping the floor with Hades last night and WOW--that was easily one of the coolest boss battles EVER. It seriously was like a painting come to life. Amazing. I desperately want a screenshot function because this game is GORGEOUS!!

I just finished it. Pretty awesome. Although... Something was, wrong with the end. Somewhat underwhelming. Not the end fight or anything but the cutscene at the end.
I guess it was somewhat fitting and a good end to the triology but damn it, there where still things to do.

I just got done mopping the floor with Hades last night and WOW--that was easily one of the coolest boss battles EVER. It seriously was like a painting come to life. Amazing. I desperately want a screenshot function because this game is GORGEOUS!!

Agreed. This game gleams with polish and the level design is something I've never seen before. Like the spiral staircases near that guitar hero segment before Hercules. They were needless but I love the fact that the camera moved the way it was as you climbed up or down. It's a staircase that I'd actually want to visit in some old European castle or something and take a ton of pictures of.

Then the fights on top of the titans were epic. They did a really good job of reminding you that you were fighting along the body of a live giant. Games like this really remind me about what real production value is like unlike some other games I've been playing recently *cough* thatjust got 33% off *ahem* that I can only consider well-done in the absence of games like this.

I played the secound one for about 5 minutes and turned it off. Just seemed like mindless button pushing with crazy animations.

I played the secound one for about 5 minutes and turned it off. Just seemed like mindless button pushing with crazy animations.

Play it on hard. Button mashing will do you little good.

I'll buy this game or rent it when its el cheapo

seems like 5-10 hrs of fun but then it would be a waste of $60. also patient gamers still get the good stuff

I just finished it. Pretty awesome. Although... Something was, wrong with the end. Somewhat underwhelming. Not the end fight or anything but the cutscene at the end.
I guess it was somewhat fitting and a good end to the triology but damn it, there where still things to do.
http://kotaku.com/5488854/god-of-war-iiis-ending-snipped-might-make-a-comeback-later

Also,

gow3labelrzd.jpg

That is table freaking hilarious. All very accurate.

I just beat Hercules and man what an awesome fight that was. Boss fights don't get any better than this.

Repeated combo mashing, then?

Square Square Square Triangle

repeat until button sequence where you pull out the cyclops eye, and appreciate the asinine camera that knows you dont need to SEE the action well to pull off combos

Holy crap. The...

Cronos fight all over his HUGE body??? Wow. Absolutely mindblowing.

It is going be difficult for any game to rival most of the elements in this game.

Any game that starts off with you beating the everliving ****ing shit out of Poseidon in 2nd person is ok with me.

Man, this game just keeps going and getting better and better. Hera's Garden was brilliant. I just entered the labyrinth last night and saved as I think it will be a timesuck. :thumbs:

Any game that starts off with you beating the everliving ****ing shit out of Poseidon in 2nd person is ok with me.

I know! That last part with the
thumbs in the eyes
was SO BRUTAL!!

Just played some on chaos difficulty. It's ****ing ridiculous how hard it is.

Just played some on chaos difficulty. It's ****ing ridiculous how hard it is.
Yikes. Good thing your weapons are fairly upgraded then, right? Also, if you use any of the epic godly rare items or whatever, that means you can't get trophies? Is that right?

That's right. And as far as I can tell, whenever you start a new game, it resets all your wepons and xp. Makes sense, seeing as how you come across the blue crystals in the first levels, and it whould be game breaking if you had the Nemean Cestus that early.

Play it on hard. Button mashing will do you little good.

lol I'm playing on hard and Square, Square, Triangle until you get the Triangle, Triangle, Triangle attack for the Blades of Exile.

Then it's spamming Square or Triangle with the silly-looking lion gloves that make a goofy *boing* noise when you do the Triangle attack.
Speaking of which, Hercules was a LAME boss fight. Seriously... you beat that fight by just grabbing the minions and charging at Hercules until you get to the point where his minions are dead, then he was still a piece of cake.

And does anybody else find it silly that Kratos technically shouldn't be able to die? You KILL Hades and are immune to the River Styx...so...what's the big deal about dying exactly? I mean Kratos has already died 3 times this series...

Also, I hate playing as such a whiny nonsensical character that is a worse human being than Hitler. I hope he dies for good at the end.

Camera and lock-on are annoying (whatever system determines who you are going to grapple SUCKS) and have killed me a fair amount of times. Other than all that, I'm playing for the same reason as I did for 1&2 - just to see the Greek mythology come to life.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Can anybody tell me what forces of darkness we're fighting in this game? I get Kratos is going after Olympus and the gods, but why are there dark forces rising up and killing countless regular Olympian citizens?

So this game is basically Brutal Legend plus Heavy Rain plus Shadow of the Colossus.

So this game is basically Brutal Legend plus Heavy Rain plus Shadow of the Colossus.

I don't see how you got Heavy Rain, but otherwise.. Yeah, Dave. Now go to your room.

You are welcome. Now go, GO and play the shit out of this dull gorefest

remember square square square triangle

I would if I owned a ps3. But I don't...
because it has no games

Press X to Kratos.

But there's no "press O to ... not Kratos" ?

Besides, how could you possibly *not* Kratos when you damn well know everyone would Kratos.

EDIT: Just found out about Press X to Jason ... ><

Finished it yesterday and already replaying. Gameplay-wise the God of War formula is perfected. Some seem to find that formula appalling, but for me this trilogy has closed off to be one of the most entertaining I have ever played. It's great to see such a talented developer outdo themselves time and time again, they're really some of the best when it comes to excellence in just about every area of design.

The second is still my favourite though. As cinema-rivalling beautiful as 3 may be, none of the locations interested me as much as those in 2. I kept expecting somewhere as awe inspiring as The Island of Fates to show up, but the story kept bouncing up and down Mount Olympus, which limits what can be done with the locations. The boss battles even it out though, the Hades fight is gonna be hard to top for best boss battle of this year.

Interesting shot after the credits too. Is Kratos still alive or was he dragged away by someone/something?

How the hell did they manage to make the camera perfect in every part of the game(talking about the previous two, haven't played the third yet)? Just looking at Too Human, it seems nigh impossible not to screw it up somehow.

Interesting shot after the credits too. Is Kratos still alive or was he dragged away by someone/something?

I'm guessing it has something to do with Kratos brother that has been hinted at. They want to keep it open for another sequel I guess.

Hard difficulty is hard derp. Keep getting my ass handed to me.

Chaos mode? **** yeah son that's hardcore. I'm still at the begining, trying to beat that giant seahorse.
I tried it in the first and second game also. I got so pissed off I broke one of my controllers when you have to protect your family from a bunch of Kratos. Didn't make it passed that point. Second game I did finish on Titan mode. I remember that the part where you have to protect the sword almost made me shit my pants.

**** the second game is hard on just normal mode. I have to take a break and leave the tv every 30 minutes or else I'll chuck it out the window.

Yeah it does that. See the post above. The only other game that have made me so frustrated was Mercenaries. Hate/love that game. Some things feelt so right while others... I threw my controller at a wall. Sadly, it was at a time when they where still plugged into the console and it came with it. Thank god for warranty.

But the God of war series is still some of my favorite games of all time.

Aw **** it. I broke my controller on the tv. After I buy a new controller, I'm setting the game to easy mode.

Back