L4d2 or hl2:3

L4D2 Or HL2:3

• HL2:3

Votes: 125 92.6%
  • L4D2

Votes: 10 7.4%

• Total voters
I would rather we lived in a world where people could sit tight and realise that Valve aren't a one track developer. Episode Three is being developed. For its own reasons, it will not be released this year.

And the answer to your thread is 'Half-Life 2 forum was here, trolling your Left 4 Deads'. End.

HL2 ep3, I've never cared about that other buggy, broken game(which probably is the reason they make a sucessor so shortly after)

They should re-release an enhanced version of Ep.1. It's getting pretty damn old.

Didn't Gabe say that all the upgrades the console versions got for Half-Life 2 and Episode 1 would come to the PC, what happened?

Didn't Gabe say that all the upgrades the console versions got for Half-Life 2 and Episode 1 would come to the PC, what happened?
It was probably Doug Lombardi.

How far can you throw Doug Lombardi?

Well, you have to know these sorts of things when you're king.

The same for the original HL2. Valve should really think about an enhanced version.

Why's that? I'd seriously prefer they move forwards rather than dwell on what has already been done.

Having said that, I'd much prefer Episode Three. Left 4 Dead 2 intrigues me, and there is no doubt that I am going to purchase it as soon as it is released, but well...you know.

Did OP really make us choose between HalfLife and L4D?

Easiest decision ever.

Why's that? I'd seriously prefer they move forwards rather than dwell on what has already been done.

Having said that, I'd much prefer Episode Three. Left 4 Dead 2 intrigues me, and there is no doubt that I am going to purchase it as soon as it is released, but well...you know.

It's wouldn't take long. They already have all the content such as the HDR maps and achievement's that they made for the console versions. All Valve have to do it release that to PC owners as well.

Half-Life 2: Episode Three. That was the easiest question I've answered.

Ep. three because I'm still enjoying Left 4 Dead. It still hasn't gotten old for me. But just THINKING about playing episode 2 for the millionth time makes me wanna puke! LOL It's SO old now! hahahaha

It's ok, tho. I can wait, cuz I know valve is making a good game.

It really shouldn't be an either/or choice.

It's wouldn't take long. They already have all the content such as the HDR maps and achievement's that they made for the console versions. All Valve have to do it release that to PC owners as well.
Especially since they've updated the Steam infastructure to allow optional DLC easily.

Samon would smack us all in the **** if OpFor2 happened.

Opposing Forces 2 would be awesome but for this topic the answer for me is HL2:3 because that is going to be an epic game no doubt, while L4D2 is a game I'll wait a while then buy once the price is down because L4D never was a truly epic game to me.

It was probably Doug Lombardi.

How far can you throw Doug Lombardi?

It depends, how many chunks of flesh are you talking about?

HL2: Ep3, obviously. Its nice that they did a bit of Zombie apocalypse gameplay and all, but the Sub Genre has been done to death (literally)

At least with Ep:3 you have
Interesting stories about the aliens; I have grown fond of Vortigaunts backstory the more I hear about their way of life
Anticipation of meeting old and new faces
A clear idea where the finale may end up
Learn more about corporate rivalry between AS and BM
Get some more info about the world after RC
Gman revelation; both Agenda and Plot
Actually get time away from fighting (Hordes of zombies every few seconds is not appealing to me)
New locations
New Enemies

Not that I don't like L4D, but come on, Valve. A sequel already? The fans are screaming for Ep3, can't you see that?

They are making both. Durka durrrrrr

HL2:3. Unless a sweet offer pops up soon after release, it'll be a while before I get L4D2.

For the last mother ****ing, god damned, twatting time, Valve has teams. There's only one team of people that works on half-life, one that works on portal, and one that works on other projects. Valve is not wasting any time developing L4D2. You are all complaining based off of some idea you yourselves came up with what Valve is.

Don't be silly. The real reason Ep3 is taking so long is L4D2 and all those TF2 updates! Damn you Jarate!!

For the last mother ****ing, god damned, twatting time, Valve has teams. There's only one team of people that works on half-life, one that works on portal, and one that works on other projects. Valve is not wasting any time developing L4D2. You are all complaining based off of some idea you yourselves came up with what Valve is.
Speaking the truth as you are, said teams have typically been refocused on the currently shipping product close to release, so it's not like each project and team has zero influence over the others. I'm too lazy to find a source, but I'm pretty certain this was true of Left 4 Dead.

Similarly, any pre-Episodes talk of how they were going to shift development staff from Episode One straight onto Three was clearly BS. But then, Linda Lombardi was probably the source for that too.

Although I've never accused Valve of wasting resources on L4D2(despite my skepticism of the game), that argument doesn't really work because you're still saying that resources that could be used to develop Ep 3 are being used on L4D2.

Back