LA Noire: The Tech behind Performance

Ok, that looked very promising. The visuals are superb looking. 40s Los Angeles? WANT.

Also noticed the Warner Brothers Studio sign for a sec in the footage. Exploring the lot would be sweet.

I'm glad they showed some actual detective related gameplay. Hopefully the action bits take a backseat to the problem solving aspects. I'm not a huge fan of the mobster genre, but if I can play an actual detective and work on cases realistically, then I'm in for sure. Loved Heavy Rain for that reason.

dam the faces animation really stand out even if they still dont feel 100% realistic

Looks promising indeed. I wish the gunplay was more realistic though, from what we've seen it seems it's just standard taking-on-4-guys-while running-at-them-without-cover type of shooting.

The game generally looked a lot like Mafia II (which is not surprising really, considering it's the same era).

Looks great but am I the only one a little worried about a random unknown game studio developing this?

It looks.. weird(visually). The style has something very cartoony and realistic at the same time, doesn't really appeal to me. Also, most parts with a lot on the screen seem like running at 15FPS?

Anyway, I need to get my hype off this because it's likely not coming to PC anyway.

Looks great but am I the only one a little worried about a random unknown game studio developing this?

Shit, I thought Rockstar is doing this. Well, they're publishing it at least, so they still have a say, I suppose, and can keep an eye on the development team.

saw the latest video, this game looks fun but I suck at detective type games because of all the drugs I took growing up. I can read faces but I'm usually looking at boobies or shiny things

Still surprised this isn't on the PC. Mystery/Puzzle-Adventure games always seemed exclusive to it in the past.

HOLY ****

That trailer just made this a passing curiousity to a day one!!
sorry brink you'll just have to wait it seems =/

The facial animations looks amazing, but what is holding them back is the pig disgusting washed-out smudgy low-res console textures.

crysis-face_render.jpg

It is entirely possible for them to do this on peasant consoles now, no excuses!

Something as perfect as that can only remain in our imagination. If only, though...

Getting pretty close to the uncanny valley imo.

This is exactly what I keep thinking when I see press videos for LA, often times it's just creepy - getting damn close

That's not to say I'm not damn excited

Back