Let it snow Let it snow Let it snow!

Stormy

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Yea so its snowing like mad in the UK.

Must have at least 8" in Brighton with more in the seven dials areas.

Will be posting a few photo's later, hows eveyone else getting on in our little rock? Post pictures if you got them...

Rofl... just found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCM6XzDoLXY

Snowed yesterday. Deep enough to play with, but we got a lot less than most parts of the country. Half of the staff are apparently snowed in in some form or other. Might pile the snow in front of my gate so I don't have to my seminar.

It's brilliant - I had a day off on monday and every day since the weather has prevented me from going to work. Working in IT means I have to work from home - nay! - but I get to do it wearing just a dressing gown and eating toast - yey!

Snow ftw

I live in the South East of England and woke to about 4-6 inches of snow, it hasn't stopped snowing and the roads are compeletley coverd with snow and ice. Got to love it

Up until yesterday its been in the 70s. Now its in the 50s which is freezing by Floridian standards.

Barely even a dusting of snow in Preston.

Tiny bit yesterday, supposed to be tiny bits more throughout the week. I'm hoping for some epic buttloads of snow. Love snow aside from the occasional times where a car will drive by and spray frozen slush all over me.

Had about an inch or so here. Everyone else I know though has had like 6 or so inches! :( So not fair!

But it's been snowing for an hour or so here, so hopefully it'll start to pile up! :D

About 4" here, just from yesterday and the night before. It's pretty glorious, except for the fact that I live halfway up a decently-sloped road. No matter which way I leave and return, getting groceries is going to be a bitch for the next four months.

/doesnthaveacar

Oh look, snow in Canada. :|

I don't know why I'm being an ass atm.

It's been on and off for a good few days now in South Wales (Cardiff area). I've had to take it real slow on my way to work, in case I slip and die.

It reached -18 or so in mid Wales at one point.

Man, **** this weather!

Yesterday it was goddamn freezing. It was around -11C, but due to the wind and humidity it felt more like -20C. I was in Sweden last year and I think it's safe to say that -20C there didn't feel as bad.

Today it's slightly less cold, but it started snowing last night and was snowing most of the day, so there's quite a lot of snow now. Instead of spending 1 hour going to university and 1 hour coming back, I spent around 1:40h and 2h respectively. And that's with probably 45 minutes total of standing around in the cold, waiting for buses that were late.

It's Thursday, no uni tomorrow, so normally I'd think of going to a club with some friends; but not this time, I'm not moving anywhere today, had enough of the cold.

That's cool. I went home to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving last week and it snowed a little that day. Here in Dallas it's like 70 degrees today. I don't really miss snow, but it definitely doesn't feel like the Christmas season when it doesn't get dark at like, 3pm.

You bastards... It snowed this morning before I woke up, and I only see some powder in people's landscaping. My gf woke me up with a text saying it was snowing, and by time I looked out the window it had stopped. :(

About 30F in the sun out here in Chicago. Yesterday was ****ing freezing though (probably around 18F). Got snow all day, but it was more like the equivalent of a white dust storm. Just really small particles of ice that were completely capable of penetrating every inconsistency in your winter gear.

Might get a couple of inches Saturday: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/60607 . Great. That's finals weekend for me. No chance of breaking out the board yet..

**** snow.

know what i hate? when you get up in the morning and gotta start your car and it's ****ing cold and you gotta let the defroster defrost that shit.

**** snow.

know what i hate? when you get up in the morning and gotta start your car and it's ****ing cold and you gotta let the defroster defrost that shit.

Thats the worst, waste of god damn gas too.

lol @ farenheit..CELSIUS MOFO'S.

Anyway, I love snow up until Christmas. Any snow after that is really irritating especially driving in it. I'm sort of concerned for my girlfriends sister though. She has a heavy V6 Mustang that's RWD and not that experienced at driving. I told her to put sand bags in the trunk for weight but hopefully she doesn't spin out or anything.

8 inches here too.

And there is also snow where I live.

About 3cm of snow here, maybe an inch and a bit.

Amazed at how the UK shuts down so quick when snow falls. ''Unexpectedly high leves of snow.'' Highest snow in one day since the mid 1900s. Winter starting sooner. Summer being hotter. Hmm...now if only there were some scientific explanation to support this clearly irrefutable evidence...that explains changes to our climate such as described above and what is happening RIGHT NOW.

Dont come crying to me when you get fired from work because you took a day off when a single flake of snow hit your drive. Sorry, on-road parking space.

I can imagine, a country of 208930 million people next to each other, THEN SNOW.

Still hasn't snowed once here, surprisingly. We've certainly had the temperatures for it.

I hate you all, I was stuck deicing planes for 2 hours today. My whole body was an ice cube, die snow, die!

At most we get frost.

and yes disturbed, the one plus about socal is we never have to deice planes.

However, sometimes it is too hot to fly.

I don't know what in the name of c***pickle you just said.

We got hammered here in Buffalo, some people were stuck for a total of 20 hrs in their cars on the thruway. i would have walked out and broke into the mall at that point. but yeah in my town we got practically nothing. last night coming home from work was really sloppy but I'm getting sick of snow. i want to move someplace warm

I wish it snowed here, we get one day of snow every couple of years if we're lucky.

Lots of lovely snow here. Getting stuck for three hours on a train in the middle of nowhere behind another train that later ended up staying the night was a small price to pay.

About 3cm of snow here, maybe an inch and a bit.

Amazed at how the UK shuts down so quick when snow falls. ''Unexpectedly high leves of snow.'' Highest snow in one day since the mid 1900s. Winter starting sooner. Summer being hotter. Hmm...now if only there were some scientific explanation to support this clearly irrefutable evidence...that explains changes to our climate such as described above and what is happening RIGHT NOW.

Dont come crying to me when you get fired from work because you took a day off when a single flake of snow hit your drive. Sorry, on-road parking space.
Hey Dynasty, in pursuit of fostering understanding and community spirit across the forum, I'm wondering if you can explain your post, because I find it basically incomprehensible. If you could provide context to each of your non-sequiturs, that would be great.

I'll skip over the question of whether your middle paragraph, which appears to be some kind of reference to the phenomenon known as gloobal warming, is directed sarcastically at 'believers' or 'non-believers'. Let us also forego asking at whom exactly your "Dont come crying to me" remark is directed. What I'd principally like to know is what the hell you're getting at with your final sentence. It is fascinatingly cryptic. Who is it aimed at? What is its point? Why did you write it? What the hell does it mean? Answers on the back of a postcard to the usual address.

Woke up, got on my computer, just noticed the little weather status said "snow." About an inch here now! Yay.

Snow? Nah... Remember the stereotypical image of East Europe, raining all the time, dead trees and mud everywhere? Well that's what it's like right now. Weather ****ing SUCKS!

Snow? Nah... Remember the stereotypical image of East Europe, raining all the time, dead trees and mud everywhere? Well that's what it's like right now. Weather ****ing SUCKS!
Sounds like a STALKER universe.

People in my city have received a suggestion from some Crisis Management Center not to leave their houses "at noon and during the night" and not to travel by car if possible.

I dunno, I've been outside two hours ago (6pm) and it was just snowing. But apparently heavy winds are to be expected.

**** snow.

I actually sort of like that. One of the most rewarding simple pleasures of my day when the heat comes on. Oh, and snow's great and you suck!

I guess these links will work :( - We had some rain now and all the snow has gone! which is pretty good imho as it was all starting to turn a little icy.

150308_171640766191139_100000356493053_467190_486402_n.jpg

65764_171640806191135_100000356493053_467192_7046364_n.jpg

156020_171640819524467_100000356493053_467193_8140826_n.jpg

156881_171640869524462_100000356493053_467196_4531751_n.jpg

155347_171640956191120_100000356493053_467201_7987964_n.jpg

Nice pics. I might've taken some yesterday or at least gone out and walked in it, but I went back to sleep and then it was mostly gone.

[edit] Whoa the first time I looked at the pics, I seriously though, "Wow your town is really monochromatic."
Didn't notice til the second pass that some of them were just black & white.
I should probably wake up now.

Back