Life Lately!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madagascar

Reaction score
Ok I don't post much here, but anyways, my life lately has been really hectic and exciting so I figured I'd write about it!! Normally it is boring and slow. Anyways here are some things that happened:

-Moved into my new apartment at college, it's fantastic, having fun with my friends, blah blah.

-Got into a car accident. I was pulling out of the parking lot, and a big semi truck started turning into me, and it seemed the back was going to hit me. My friends were yelling "back up! back up!!" so I did (without looking because I am retarded). So of course I back into a minivan. I get out of my car, so does the other driver, and I apologize to her. But she was like "oh it's ok!! it's just rubber to rubber!" So I said "really?" and she nodded. Then I went back to my car and got the hell out of there before she changed her mind.

-Lost a grocery bag somewhere from the store to my car. WTF. Probably I thought it was my friend's bag on the counter, and he thought it was mine. Bye bye $20 or so :(. I'm pretty sure I lack real life skills.

-Fought with my roommate last night. On the way back from a bar on the bus, I was taking pictures of him and my other roommate, and he asked me to show him the camera. I didn't want to because he nearly broke it earlier. He was really drunk at this point, and I only had some to drink. So he starts DEMANDING I show him the camera (of course I keep refusing), and he threatens to beat the shit out of me, etc. I never give him the camera, and he starts shoving me as we're walking back to my apartment. My friend tries to break us up and make him see logic. I didn't push back or swing at him fortunately... he apologized later that night.

-Met a GORGEOUS girl yesterday. We met at this ice cream social for honors students and talked for about an hour and a half :). She was smiling and laughing the whole time. I hope this goes somewhere! She seems to like me and sent me a really nice facebook message haha.

That is all, just felt like sharing. Tips? Advice?

Or just post about your own life if it is not boring.

Monday - Worked 9 till 5. Got back, went to pub quiz, did shit.
Tuesday - Worked 9 till 5. Got back, went to cinema, was shit.
Wednesday - Worked 9 till 5. Got back, did nothing.
Today - Worked 9 till 5. Got back, started typing this.
Tomorrow - Work 9 till5. Get back, go to pub, get bored.

I'm pretty boring.

Oh, I didn't see this thread.

Well, I've been unemployed so long. I must have put in 40 job applications.

Finally, I am being considered for an interview at FOUR of them. D:

I am hoping to get one of the jobs but I'm not counting on it, so I'm just going to keep putting in applications at some other hospital openings.

I have been running cross country and hanging with my friends from school. That is all. I think I may see her soon though...

I'm enjoying life rather a lot right now. Playing a few games (GTA4, STALKER and Pok?mon Diamond to name one on each platform) and just started reading Dune, which is a relief as I've not read a good book since I finished reading a Song of Ice and Fire a few months ago. Registering for university in two weeks' time and tomorrow I'm involved in a meeting about possibly making a short film and then going out to the pub with the lads that night.

Only thing that's bothering me is my own laziness. I meant to excercise and practice my drawing a lot more but a the internet and Metal Gear Solid 4 in HD ruined those plans.

-Met a GORGEOUS girl yesterday. We met at this ice cream social for honors students and talked for about an hour and a half :). She was smiling and laughing the whole time. I hope this goes somewhere! She seems to like me and sent me a really nice facebook message haha.

She's going to convince you to keep your ports open and the survival of the human race will be doomed. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Anyway, as for me, I'm trying to decide whether to drop or keep some of my difficult classes this year in school.

currently spending most of my time doing schoolwork (anthropology, russian lit, italian language, german philosophy, archaeology), working on hl2wars (mapping, web design, game design / discussion), and chilling with friends.

oh and hitting on all of these ridiculously hot girls and SUCCEEDING

Oh, I rapped in school today, and it was fairly successful.

My trial exams are coming back. I did erratically. I really need to study Ancient a lot more.

Im sick. Have been for almost a week. This ****ing sucks.

I've got everything.

But I want more.

Do they call you madagascar because you're hard to get? :naughty:

My band made 400 quid profit the other Friday, and it was only our 4th gig, and we are finally heading down to Leeds end of the month to record a 7 song demo professionally, cant wait for it to be complete. Also playing an indoor festival next month as well quite possibly the Ritz in Manchester at christmas, one of the best venues to play in the city.

Also found out a few of the girls at the last gig fancied me which was mint, BUT amongst one of them he didnt declare this, is actually girl I really like, which is awsome as its been ages since I have found one. Going be interesting on the attempt to pull her xD

So yeh things are finally looking up.

Believe it or not working at Best Buy is fun as **** for the most part. Probably because i have some friends there with me.

Interview rescheduled for tomorrow. I really need a job before I'm living in my car.

Monday to Friday - MAKIN VIDYA GAMES
Friday night to sunday night - Enjoying life with my girlfriend.

I like my life.

I need a ****ing car that i can live in when i run out of money. Think about that for a sec Virus.

i won over a grand at a poker tourney last week

Gambling sucks. I never get to ****ing win.

Exept for when theres no money involved.

I know a guy who allready had a gambling problem when we were like 10

I'm glad you posted. I know I've been wondering what's been going on with your life for the longest time.

i won over a grand at a poker tourney last week
sweet, congrats. what was the winning hand?
-Fought with my roommate last night. On the way back from a bar on the bus, I was taking pictures of him and my other roommate, and he asked me to show him the camera. I didn't want to because he nearly broke it earlier. He was really drunk at this point, and I only had some to drink. So he starts DEMANDING I show him the camera (of course I keep refusing), and he threatens to beat the shit out of me, etc. I never give him the camera, and he starts shoving me as we're walking back to my apartment. My friend tries to break us up and make him see logic. I didn't push back or swing at him fortunately... he apologized later that night.

that's not a fight man, that stuff happens all the time :p

currently spending most of my time doing schoolwork (anthropology, russian lit, italian language, german philosophy, archaeology), working on hl2wars (mapping, web design, game design / discussion), and chilling with friends.

oh and hitting on all of these ridiculously hot girls and SUCCEEDING

fuck yeah man! :thumbs:

my life lately:
-got evicted
moved into a christian campus thing right in the middle of the hood, this place is fucking bat country
-got into court and lost
for something that happened on a bender way back in may, got fines and shit to pay now
-found an 80Gig ipod
the best things in life are free.
-made a girl leave her husband, only to have her run away to mallorca, come back and reunite with him
i don't even know where to start, lol
-local club played a track i made, and now i'm putting a band together
fucking yess
-getting involved with a girl who borders on jailbait
i'm 20, she's 16, must be something wrong with me lol
-went to a party where i paid 3 bucks for a 2.5 gram blunt and got superstoned
good times
-friend gets into trouble with the law
for frauding on ebay-type sites
-work work work
-back to studies is ****ing pain in the arse
-female friend got drugged on a party
nothing happened but i sent out death threats to the guys that were there
-friend comes back from a several month stay in the US (arkansas and 3 days homeless in NY)
jesus, from the stuff i heard i'll never visit the us!
-go to stockholm for a miniature festival
i never actually enter it, instead i get drunk and head for an all night street romp, including meeting a fellow aphex fan and talking with him for hours,
shoplifting from 7-11, hiding in a friend's apartment but her dad finding out so i had to sleep on the street.
-sneaked into a nighttime psychedelic rock concert
****ing great stuff, people were blazin all over the place

i'm happy as long as stuff happens, i hate boredom

Ummmmmmmmmmmm.

Am I stupid, or is this misc?

Don't say that! Samon will close it if he finds out.

My band made 400 quid profit the other Friday, and it was only our 4th gig, and we are finally heading down to Leeds end of the month to record a 7 song demo professionally, cant wait for it to be complete. Also playing an indoor festival next month as well quite possibly the Ritz in Manchester at christmas, one of the best venues to play in the city

What is your band called?
I live by the railway between Manchester and Leeds.

Life Lately?

No. It's Death Lately. 2008 is the year of death.

We Are All Going To Die.

Not now, no. But death always wins. Maybe not for years to come. But it's coming. And we are going to die.

And nobody loves me. Nobody loves you. Oh, A couple people love you? But they are also going to die. How do you feel about that? To love someone for decades and they die? No, it's the worst, you don't want it. It's worse than never nothing.

And when you die, it's not going to be dramatic and awesome like in the movies, in super slow motion. You get sick or just choke to death on a potato chip or something and that's it. All these years I did everything right and this

.. .This is how I die? Death is really rude.

Humans are essentially exactly the same as any life form. Did you ever realize it?

Billions of years later, we are just some shit the sun cooked up. Responding to the sun. Our lives revolve around the sun that revolves around us.

On that, I just want to say I love the living, and I love the dead. And I feel sorry that everyone has to die, including myself. When I'm talking to you, you could be gone tomorrow, and I just want you to know that I liked you or didn't like you, but either way, I'm sorry.

It's not Misc., because it's a focused discussion on how our life is going and not anything. (I can believe what I want to believe, piss off.)

College is a new experience. Lots of work and even more reading. I need to try to break out of my shell and talk to people other than my immediate friends and roomies. The whole experience is rather impersonal, but I'll have to make it work.

Don't say that! Samon will close it if he finds out.

What is your band called?
I live by the railway between Manchester and Leeds.

Aura, and the gigs have been resceduled. We have been given a headline spot at club academy in manchester in december instead, if we sell enough tickets, THEN we get the Ritz in the New Year, amongst other gigs. We just brought a microkorg synthesisor and a KP2 Kaoss pad ^^

And how upbeat of you virus lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back