Lost Season 4

Fail wall of text is fail. Use the "Enter" key on your keyboard. It's next to the ' key. This is what it does.

See what I did there. That empty space is called a paragraph. It prevents bleeding of the eyes. It's quite nice and make's it easier for others to read.

Oh snap I dids its again.

Wow a fourth time. I'm good at this.

I bet I could give you a run for your money.

Yeah I suck at grammar too. But I hate wall's of text. I will have a go at the people that make them.

Oh man, as much as I don't like Locke, his episodes are always, always awesome!

About the dead doctor, we already know that time on the island is not the same as time outside, as proven by Faraday's little experiment with the rocket. The time difference in that experiment was pretty short, but now it's jumped ahead a couple hours or something.

The strange thing is the expression on that guy's face when he told the doctor about that morse code message he got. Seemed kinda smug, like he knew what was gonna happen.

Or, he could just be a really bad actor.

That black guy from Oz, not Micheal the Jamaican guy, has he apperead on lost before? If he has, when?
I can do it.
Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Big feet moves Island.

Also that black guy that helped Locke never ages as well, talks to Locke about miracles as well, again with faith.

What are you talking about? You don't know if he ages or not.

He was talking to Locke while lock was rehabilitating. That wasn't very long before Locke went to Australia, so there's no saying if he ages or doesn't age. We haven't seen him in the far past.

Two words about this episode: Holy Shit!

Some thoughts:

*It now seems very possible that Christian is not appearing as a ghost, but that his body actually came to life when the plane crashed on the island (remember, the coffin was empty)

*Richard Alpert is the best damn character ever, he seems to be the proto-Other. The fact that Richard was off the island in the 50s shows that The Other could leave the island even before the Dharma Initiative got there (they arrives in the 70s). I think this is the first time we've comes to learn of this.

*The second protocol has a Dharma logo on it! Wouldn't suprise me if Widmore send the boat there to re-launch the Dharma Initiative.

*It's pretty interesting to see that The Others were after Locke from the start. I wonder how that knew that he was special.

Yeah... which has me wondering if Claire is somehow dead now for whatever reason. Because I don't believe she would be behaving the way she is now... that's NOT in her character.
It's very possible she was drugged. She acted the same way when Ethan had kidnapped her and brought her to the medical station.

Also that black guy that helped Locke never ages as well, talks to Locke about miracles as well, again with faith.
What makes you think he (he's called Matthew Abaddon) never ages? This is only the second time we've seen him, the first was in Hurley flashforward. It couldn't have been more than five years between those appearances, so it's understandable that we didn't see any ageing.

EDIT: My mistake, he also appeared as Naomi's boss prior to the departure of the ship. This was between the two other appearances though, so my point still stands. This got me thinking. When Matthew was "recruiting" Locke to the island, it appears that he was a member of the Others (as he's there for the same reason as Richard), but later when he's there with Naomi, one would suppose he works for Widmore. Maybe he's acting as a double agent for the Others, infiltrating Widmore's team.

Yeah I suck at grammar too. But I hate wall's of text. I will have a go at the people that make them.
Sorry. :rolleyes:

Matthew Abaddon has the same intentions and it always looks like he is with the G-Man. They are working together I think. Matthew Abaddon shapes peoples destinies and so does this G-Man fellow. Christian is really weird though. The series has always been great either way.

Yeah, Ben says that is the case but we know differently. Also, anyone else notice that the test seemed very similar to the one that is performed when the search is made for the new incarnation of the Dalai Lama? (I think its a scene in Kundun)

I thought Ben was born on the side of a road and his dad was wearing a Dharma suit? Then when he took over, he gassed his dad and the other Dharma members. *Hmm wiki says different: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Linus
his father had difficulty finding work and was offered a job on the island by Horace Goodspeed, a passerby who found and helped Roger and Emily soon after Ben's birth.
Horace?! Like the guy chopping down trees Horace?! :O

Yeah, Ben says that is the case but we know differently. Also, anyone else notice that the test seemed very similar to the one that is performed when the search is made for the new incarnation of the Dalai Lama? (I think its a scene in Kundun)

Yeah...

The only thing I have to reference this was a King of the Hill episode. Heh.

"Yeah? Well my child is god to billions of Asians!"

I thought Ben was born on the side of a road and his dad was wearing a Dharma suit? Then when he took over, he gassed his dad and the other Dharma members. *Hmm wiki says different: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Linus
Quote:
his father had difficulty finding work and was offered a job on the island by Horace Goodspeed, a passerby who found and helped Roger and Emily soon after Ben's birth.
Horace?! Like the guy chopping down trees Horace?!

No, he wasn't wearing a Dharma suit. They were in the states. That's where he met the guy who later introduced him to Dharma and took him to the Island.

And yes, Horace Goodspeed is the very same guy.

Matthew Abaddon shapes peoples destinies and so does this G-Man fellow.

I don't think that's what Abbadon does at all. I think - in working with Widmore - he's trying to ensure things play out very specifically.

Matthew Abaddon has the same intentions and it always looks like he is with the G-Man. They are working together I think. Matthew Abaddon shapes peoples destinies and so does this G-Man fellow. Christian is really weird though. The series has always been great either way.

I'd say that Abaddon and Alpert are opposites tbh. Alpert rejected Lockes choice of the knife, where as Abaddon encourages him to pick it up again.

Great episode. This is going to be a great season finale, but I don't want it to end :(

I wonder what that device on Keame's arm does?

Christian... Not sure what to think about him. Like someone else said, he may not be dead. His coffin was empty and his body never found. He must have something to do with the other/island. If it is a spirit, why would they choose him?

And move the island... wonder if they're speaking literally? Or does he mean move the island to another "time"?

I'm loving this season.

The weired foot will move the island! It could happen.

Christians definitely dead, I just see it that Jacob is using his body as a conduit.

That probably means Claire's dead too then. We'll see next week I guess.

Also, when Frank dropped the sattelite phone out the chopper with the GPS activated, he probably wanted them to move away from them not follow them. Are we going to lose more losties than expected? Or will Sayid get there in time and warn them not to follow it?

I think he wanted them to follow him. When he lands the mercenaries will get out, kit up and go after Ben - that is their mission. They aren't to "torch the Island" until he's in custody. Lapidus will be with the helicopter and if he can get the survivors to it he can ferry them to the freighter. Obviously, that goes wrong.

Or you know, you could be right.

I wonder if Michael Abaddon has anything to do with the Abaddon of the bible.

I think he wanted them to follow him. When he lands the mercenaries will get out, kit up and go after Ben - that is their mission. They aren't to "torch the Island" until he's in custody. Lapidus will be with the helicopter and if he can get the survivors to it he can ferry them to the freighter. Obviously, that goes wrong.

Or you know, you could be right.

Good point. But I think Sayid will get to them first; the boat he is in is pretty small, hence the oceanic 6? Could probably fit 5 or 6 in there maximum.

But that doesn't explain how Hurley got off the island since he is with Locke and Ben, doesn't seem like he's going to leave them anytime soon. And Aaron is with Sawyer, who is probably looking for Claire so it may be a while before they get back to the beach.

When Locke was all
I'm not a genuis, I'm NOT a scientist!"

It reminded me of Glados being all
You're not a scientist! You're not even a full time employee!

I kinda lol'ed

How would Sayid get them all on that tiny boat though? Don't forget, Hurley counts as two people. :LOL:

But that doesn't explain how Hurley got off the island since he is with Locke and Ben, doesn't seem like he's going to leave them anytime soon. And Aaron is with Sawyer, who is probably looking for Claire so it may be a while before they get back to the beach.

I suspect that they won't get down to any 'rescuing' until the final episode of the finale, so plenty of time for Hurley etc to meet up with the rest of the 6. What I suspect we will have is flash forwards of them being discovered/found and what happened immediately after.

How would Sayid get them all on that tiny boat though? Don't forget, Hurley counts as two people. :LOL:

He obviously doesn't get everyone on the little boat he has, if he even is the one to ferry people off of the island, because only 6 people leave the island.

I suspect that they won't get down to any 'rescuing' until the final episode of the finale, so plenty of time for Hurley etc to meet up with the rest of the 6. What I suspect we will have is flash forwards of them being discovered/found and what happened immediately after.

Yeah I guessed that, but the finale is only 2 episodes away. Are they going to have the finale as two episodes released at the same time like they've done previously?

Yeah I guessed that, but the finale is only 2 episodes away. Are they going to have the finale as two episodes released at the same time like they've done previously?

I believe it's one more episode next week, then nothing the following week, then two episodes back-to-back like they've always done for the finale.

Doesnt the satelite phone signal show up at the mercs phone too? So for them to stay away seems silly, if they whould be spotted on the radar.
I could be wrong.

I just rememberd that the writers said that the monster had a 2nd Season 2 cameo, and that you probably didn't know that it was smokey... I was just wondering, did you ever find out what and when it was?
If not, what are your guess?

I think I just heard the voice of Michelle Forbes in the preview for the next episode. I could be way off on that one though.

Cool. I like Michelle Forbes. I guess she's a TV interviewer in it.

I just rememberd that the writers said that the monster had a 2nd Season 2 cameo, and that you probably didn't know that it was smokey... I was just wondering, did you ever find out what and when it was? If not, what are your guess?

I believe they were referring to Kates Horse. On one of the recent Official podcasts they clarified a few things as to whether they were hallucination's, smokie or in fact real. Sawyers Hog was real as well.

Somebody made a theory that the smoke monster was the dog. What happened to that mutt anyways? First thing you see other than Jack in the first episode.

I thought the horse was real from some Dharma station. Don't know why thou.

^ Yeah at the communication station where they found Mikhail there was a horse.

Somebody made a theory that the smoke monster was the dog. What happened to that mutt anyways? First thing you see other than Jack in the first episode.

I think that theory was dismissed in the final mobisode that appeared just before season 4 started. Here's a link if you haven't seen it yet: http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2008/01/lost-mobisode-13-so-it-begins.html

The dog should still be around. It's only been 9 episodes since we last saw him. I'm sure he's on the beach camp somewhere.

Back