Lost Season 4

They won't die.
<3 Usually you are right so hopefully they don't die. Makes sense with the statue being explained and all. Should be an epic 2 hours on Thursday though!!! :cheese:

Michaels return wasn't pointless as I mentioned in the other post. I think Des, Jin, and Michael will go out with a big epic bang. They were looking at a wall full of C4. Gonna make a big boom when it does. :(
How wasn't his return pointless if he dies now? I see nothing about that in your post. He hasn't exactly done anything to be redeemed yet.

How wasn't his return pointless if he dies now? I see nothing about that in your post. He hasn't exactly done anything to be redeemed yet.

Agreed I'm not seeing either Michael or Des dying just yet. They made a big announcement about bringing Michael back, and convincing Harold to rejoin (despite the hugs and kisses I don't think he appreciated the marching orders at the end of season 2), it seems unlikely they'd bump him off so soon, esp as he's not had any face time with Jack etc. The fact that keamys gun jammed should be indication enough that the Island isn't letting go of him just yet.

It's pretty interesting how happy I, and I guess most other people, were to see the return of the Others. I mean, not long ago, they were our worst enemies, now they're cool in our book.

There are 14 episodes this season in total. Originally there were going to be 16 episodes but the writers strike ended up causing them to only film up to 13(however they managed to film a 14th episode before the time was up). The finale will be on May 29th and will have 2 1 hour episodes shown.

cool thanks for the info
:cheers:

It's pretty interesting how happy I, and I guess most other people, were to see the return of the Others. I mean, not long ago, they were our worst enemies, now they're cool in our book.

I've always held the belief that, sooner or later, Ben and the Others would be vindicated for their actions. Although perhaps not fully, and I'm sure there's another double-cross or two in store for Ben.

Michaels mission was to slow down and overall create a mutiny on the ship.

The funny thing is the statue may have already been explained to some degree. Namely with the words "move the island". Anyone ever heard an ancient myth about a missing island? Somewhere where you could probably find some giant statues? Starts with an "A"...

Still not too sure about the 4 toes though.

The statue may have been caused due to the island being "moved" before.

Yeah.

Awesome.

Watched the three episodes leading up to the new break on Sunday. Really, really good stuff, loved it. Seriously can't wait til the next two - this finale looks like it's going to trump Seasons 3 tenfold. I can't believe how puny that looks now.

The Season 3 finale was quite a disappointment, as I figure out from the first scene that it was a flashforward, not a flashback.

I loved the finale of Season 3 - I thought it was the best episode of the Season. But it was the Island stuff that made it for me, not the Flashforward.

Just caught up with season 4 now (up to episode 12 i think its stopped at on Sky One) I have a decent internet connection to stream things again, and wow, must say the more it progresses, the better it gets, but at the same time, the downright crazier it gets.

I mean it baffles how much this story has grown from a mere crash on an island, and as people have said I think the season 4 finale is shaping up to be something mega, however a lot of loose ends are being tied up and im pretty sure the makers arent looking at ending it just yet, maybe one more season.

And the return of the Others was satisfying, since Ive always been questioning their whereabouts and knew they would make a reappearance eventually, and I seriously hope Ben gets revenge on Martin.

Writers have confirmed there's 2 more seasons left. Lost ends at Season 6.

How the **** can they possibly continue it that far?

Jesus... I mean, once this season is over, the ****ing people will be off the island, so I figured that's in store with season 5 would be the whole, "getting back to the island" deal... Can't in my life imagine how they can possibly move on to a season 6 after that.

Won't be able to keep my family interested that's for sure...

Easy, really. Season 5: Getting back. Season 6: What happens when they get back.

I actually thought there would be more seasons, I can imagine it going on forever, ill miss it when its gone ;(

I loved the finale of Season 3 - I thought it was the best episode of the Season. But it was the Island stuff that made it for me, not the Flashforward.
Oh yeah, it was good no doubt, but not quite as good as the season 2 finale.

I wonder how the concept will be for the next seasons, once the Oceanic 6 are out. Will they continue the flashbacks/forwards, or will they just switch scenes between those left on the island and the O6?

I think they will keep some of the flashforwards, and show whats up on the Island. Ben and Sayid are out on a revange quest, and we want to keep updated on that. I can't really see whats so intressting about the Ocianic 6 up to the point where jack is gonna kill himself.

They need to get back, but it's moved, so how do they do that? Also, Widmore is trying to find it too so it's kind of a race really.

Aye agreed, there are large openings to more seasons, I actually enjoyed the future echoes even more than the island events, was really interesting seeing what they got up to when back in normal society, so Im not worried. And from the very future echo of Jack in a hell of a state, telling kate with tears in his eyes that they need to get back, just indicated how crazy this story will be getting.

I cannot wait.

Wow. That's either gonna be really really good, or really really shite. Also, lulz at Pacey.

That looked kind of cheesy.

Also what's with JJ Abram's obsession with airplane disasters?

JJ Abrams involvement in Lost is mostly limited to the Pilot and the first few episodes. The credit for making this show what it is must go to Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

JJ had a big part in making up the concept and premise of the show, though.

JJ and Lindelof thrashed out the principal ideas, but it's Lindelof and Cuse who've carried the show 95% of the way in terms of direction with the other writers.

Much as I love LOST (I'm safely in the fanatic camp) it's a flawed show in many ways and I think a lot of that has to do with some of the ideas that Abrams lumbered the show with in the early days before bailing. The novel idea of having a cast full of main characters and no supporting, rather than the traditional 3-7 leads coupled with a malleable range of supporting actors pancaked pretty much halfway through the first season, and made it almost impossible to introduce new characters into the show without causing waves of fan indignation. It's only really through presenting new characters as antagonists initially that new cast members have been introduced successfully.

I'd love to know how the producers would of done things differently if given the chance.

I'm huge fan of Lost but now I see first season quite poor and full of boring characters, flashbacks, relationships and love stories. Next seasons are way better and now I'm excited like never before.
They introduced new characters for Season 4 very well and I love them so much from the very beginning.

Season one was kind of boring, but damn it nailed the atmosphere. I watched the whole season in two sittings and I was there.

I think Season 4 is better, but I still love Season 1. The characters are what make the show what it is, and I think that has been the main theme throughout the series. I don't find learning more about them, or their relationship to each other, to be boring. It's actually one of the most powerful aspects of the show.

Yeah, I soak in everything about it and I love every minute of it usually. With the exception of times when I felt I was robbed, like when Boone died and then Shannon died. And then that whole fiasco just before the end of season 2 with Michael.

But still I love it all, and I'm not one of those people who say, "Man, relationships suck in this show, I don't care about the relationships!"

I take it back. It wasn't boring at all, I was just longing for exploration/more info on the island.

I was happy when Boone, Shannon and Anna-Lucia died, what a stupid characters.

Back