Lost Season 4

I was happy when Boone, Shannon and Anna-Lucia died, what a stupid characters.

I liked Boone, other than the fact that he always looks like he's wearing excessive makeup. I guess he always has that type of face.

But still, it kind of sucked to see the characters go in such... sudden and dare I say crappy ways.

Boone actually I think he went out in a cool way. Didn't really serve much of a point at all in his death until the whole realization later with the Pearl station(as the actual significance of the planes location became apparent there).

Shannon however seemed to be killed off quite bitterly with no way for me to get a sense of closure out of it. When the two women got shot... I was kind of pissed, but that was a real gut puncher moment for me. It's rare in a show or a movie do I have that whole "Holy ****ing shit!" moment that makes me truly shocked.

Nikki and Paulo's death was pretty funny, even though the characters themselves were as useless as can be. Eko's death was badass, but I really miss the guy. :(

Yeah I REALLY miss Eko, I was ****ing gutted when he died. I liked Boone and it was sad to see him go, but Shannon just bugged the hell out of me, just one of those sort of girls that I REALLY cannot stand. Anna-Lucia I wasnt really arsed about, but the whole situation of hers and that other women's (forget her name) death was just drama at its best.

I liked Boone, other than the fact that he always looks like he's wearing excessive makeup. I guess he always has that type of face.
He was metro. The Eyeland don't like these guys.

Yeah I REALLY miss Eko, I was ****ing gutted when he died. I liked Boone and it was sad to see him go, but Shannon just bugged the hell out of me, just one of those sort of girls that I REALLY cannot stand. Anna-Lucia I wasnt really arsed about, but the whole situation of hers and that other women's (forget her name) death was just drama at its best.

It was the actors choice to leave the show, not the producers.. It was an unfortunate turn of events tbh given Libby and Ana-lucia had been killed already, but the actor is known to be a little eccentric, and there wasn't much they could do about it.

As I said earlier on, the premise of all main cast, no supporting was a big mistake and it unraveled pretty quickly during the first season. Ideally it would of been better to have settled on 3-7 main actors and then buffed out the rest of the survivors with a supporting character ensemble, who could of been in pulled and out of the narrative as and when. It would of worked a lot better than having the main characters wandering around on a beach surrounded by a bunch of mutes, and probably would of meant the writers wouldn't have ending up writing some pretty nonsensical storylines such as the Sayid/Shannon romance to keep their lead actors happy (They set up Sayid as someone searching out his one true love Nadia for years, only for him to bizarrely fall head over heels in love with a skinny tall blonde barely out of her teens after a couple of weeks of beach fever....). :rolleyes:

Sorry for double posting but:
Not only is the kiss spectacular, but according to a very solid source, it's the kind of liplock that "stops f---ing time" and "makes the entire world vanish in the moment." There's a fair amount of blood shed in next week's two-hour capper. And there's at least one significant death. http://www.tvguide.com/ask-ausiello

It was the actors choice to leave the show, not the producers.. It was an unfortunate turn of events tbh given Libby and Ana-lucia had been killed already, but the actor is known to be a little eccentric, and there wasn't much they could do about it.

As I said earlier on, the premise of all main cast, no supporting was a big mistake and it unraveled pretty quickly during the first season. Ideally it would of been better to have settled on 3-7 main actors and then buffed out the rest of the survivors with a supporting character ensemble, who could of been in pulled and out of the narrative as and when. It would of worked a lot better than having the main characters wandering around on a beach surrounded by a bunch of mutes, and probably would of meant the writers wouldn't have ending up writing some pretty nonsensical storylines such as the Sayid/Shannon romance to keep their lead actors happy (They set up Sayid as someone searching out his one true love Nadia for years, only for him to bizarrely fall head over heels in love with a skinny tall blonde barely out of her teens after a couple of weeks of beach fever....). :rolleyes:
What we have now is more or less six main characters (Jack, Locke, Sawyer, Kate, Sayid, Hurley) and the rest is supporting (seeing as they rarely get much screen-time outside their featured episodes).

I agree with you on the Sayid part, though. I mean, I love the guy but him falling in love with Shannon was pretty stupid.

Sorry for double posting but:
Not only is the kiss spectacular, but according to a very solid source, it's the kind of liplock that "stops f---ing time" and "makes the entire world vanish in the moment." There's a fair amount of blood shed in next week's two-hour capper. And there's at least one significant death. http://www.tvguide.com/ask-ausiello
What kiss?

What we have now is more or less six main characters (Jack, Locke, Sawyer, Kate, Sayid, Hurley) and the rest is supporting (seeing as they rarely get much screen-time outside their featured episodes).

The shows ended up reverting to type, but because they tried and failed with the main cast ensemble approach they pretty much shot themselves in the foot early on. They've reduced the background actors to little more than the very disposable red shirts (the recent cleansing of Otherton being the most recent example), they ridiculed in in the first season. If they'd had a smaller main cast with larger ensemble of supporting characters right from the beginning they'd of been able to have made all those deaths much more significant.

If you compare LOST to BSG, BSG worked with the traditional formula of main/supporting and have moved characters in and out of frame with relative ease, as well as provide a fair degree of resonance with every character whose died throughout the show. If in the first season we'd been familiar with the girl who Jack and Boone failed to save from drowning, the show would of been better for it.

I agree with you on the Sayid part, though. I mean, I love the guy but him falling in love with Shannon was pretty stupid.

Certainly one of the daftest decisions the writers have made, up there with the Jacks tattoos episode...:dozey:

LOST: Judith Mossman

My 2 most faverioute things in the world collided yesterday

LOST & Half life 2.

Michelle Forbes was in LOST the other night, I was stoked when I heard of voice, first time I've seen her in real life/acting.

Anyone else watch it?

Naw, I didn't. Catch some old Star Trek the Next Generation, she plays Ensign Ro Laren...

Watch Battlestar Galactica (season 2 and 3 I think?) and then watch Battlestar Razor.
Guess who she is.

She was in Lost?

EDIT: Holy shit, the Oceanic girl was Mossman?

My 2 most faverioute things in the world collided yesterday

LOST & Half life 2.

Michelle Forbes was in LOST the other night, I was stoked when I heard of voice, first time I've seen her in real life/acting.

Anyone else watch it?

Well, they collided long time ago.
And yes, Michelle Forbes was lovely. I loved her character in second season of 24.

I thought i recognized her voice... When does the next episode air for you guys?

Finale is this Thursday/Friday. Seriously can't wait for this.

Also, I knew I had heard that voice somewhere before - she was the bitch from Razor! But yes, now you mention it, Mossman too. Cool.

The show ended with me shouting SHIT at the screen.

This ****ing show.

emot-psyduck.gif

Island better work some life reviving magic here, because cmon what the **** D:

Also

Holy shit walt kept that goofy haircut

By Jacob this episode was packed! Sure it wasn't as good as "Through the Looking Glass" (It's nigh impossible to top that "holy shit they got off?? THEY GOT OFF!!!" moment ) but still, OMG. My head is reeling.

Well as I predicted both Micheal and Jin are dead. (Most probably, but we can never be 100% sure). Jin may have jumped overboard before the boat went BOOM.... and Christians "you can go now" creates some doubt. But well Micheal came here to die, so it might as well be "you can die now".

Also I'm pretty sure that the Island moved, not only its location, but through time as well. And the process affected things within close proximity to it. Hence the disappearance of the 2nd island and that leads me to believe that the last batch of survivors and Faraday moved with the Island too. All this time traveling will finally let him use his constant ( say if the Island moved back in time, and he gets to see Desmond sail into it.)

Also my theory on Jacob and Christian.

Two deity's fighting over the island. Jacob has been ruling for some time, but ever since the plane crash, and the appearance of Christian he's being loosing power. eventually asking for Locks help. But all in vein cause now it seems Christian is in control. The eye that Hurly saw in the cabin may have very well been Jacob. Imprisoned.

This could also explain Locks circumstances.

Christian wanted him only to gain control of the Island. After that was achieved he was discarded. So no immortality for you Locke my friend. As long as Christians in charge.

Its almost like Chris is the dark side of the Island.

Finally,

w00t for Desmond!!!

Holy mother of God, I did not see the end coming. I wonder how Locke got off the island and when. I really hope Jin isn't dead, but it looks pretty grim.

9.5/10

Also, is it just me or is the CGI really bad on this show?

I mean, when the freighter blew up and the helicopter crashed it looked like shit.

I also feel that they could've motivated making up the cover-up story better.

Yeah, there was some dodgy CG, but I'll cut them slack since the writer's strike probably screwed with their production schedules.

Just finished watching the finale myself and at the end when the camera panned so you could see who was in the coffin, I was like WHAT?!

Great stuff.

(I tried to keep this post only mildly spoilery, but looking back on it I'd say that you shouldn't read the rest of this if you don't want to be spoiled)

A ridiculous screwed up train of logic led me to guess exactly who was in the coffin while Jack and Ben were talking at the end. For some reason I kept mistakenly thinking that the dead guy they were talking about was called Jeremy LANTHAM, not Bentham - then I did some speculating with the initials which made me go 'holy shit'. Except after the show had ended I remembered 'oh wait, yeah, it was Bentham...'

So somehow, being a retard enabled me to guess at a big plot twist.

Re Jin: He may be dead, but if so then Michael's telling him to leave, and his final few seconds freezing the bomb were meaningless. It wouldn't be the first time that something seemingly significant has turned out to be ultimately meaningless, but hopefully Jin may still be around. Sun's new determination adds to that hope (reminded me of what eventually happened with Rose finding Bernard). I believe Michael is 100% dead however - Christian's 'you can go now' was undoubtedly a way of saying that the island was revoking him of his immortality powers, after having saved him from a couple of loaded guns in the past. SIDE NOTE: the way Sun told Michael she was pregnant has implanted me with the crazy suspicion that it was his... But then again maybe not.

Also, while hugely entertaining, this finale was guilty of some of the most blatant disregard for the nameless lostaways so far. All that stuff about ferrying people from the beach and then about evacuating the boat, only for every single person to get blown to hell? Which is suggested by the people in the heli talking as if there were no survivors in the water.

One other thing I feel is worth saying:

When Jack met up with Locke again in the greenhouse, with all the underlying grudges, tensions and memories between them, for some reason I couldn't help wishing really hard right then that Eko was still alive and involved in everything somehow. :( Just because he felt almost like the third corner of a triangle that helped frame our understanding of the island...

The CGI in Lost is just fine the way it is. If you want an example of a tv series with horible CGI look up Lexx.:x

Back