Lost: Season 5

I both enjoy and am depressed about the answering of questions and the rapid pace of development.

On the one hand, I love that things are being answered... on the other hand I do wish they would drag it on and we had like another hundred episodes of content.

I don't know about anybody else, but I like this show and to me nothing is ever 'dragged on'. I like long slow development sometimes... except for the fact that it's not really possible to do.

I agree to an extent but some questions they obviously ignored...it was like every time somebody asked "what's wrong?" or "where'd you go?" they'd always say, "Nothing!" or "Nowhere!"

But some questions like, why are there polar bears or how did locke get in the wheelchair, were fine to drag out.

If it's any consolation, I think the rapid pacing will slow down significantly for Season 6. What you've got to understand is that everything Season 4 established had to be resolved through Season 5 and that's a hell of a lot. We had the whole Oceanic Six storyline, the whole time travel thing, and now we've got the 70's storyline along with the 2008 storyline. It's a lot to cram in.

Season 6 will be much slower, I think, because it'll only be focusing on the one major storyline. Everyone will finally be where they're needed and that's in 2008.

i think the pace will stay constant. i remember the creators saying that its always meant to have been this fast, but they had to build up all of the main characters in the first 3 seasons before they came to the meaty parts of the storyline in season 4.

****! Another 2 weeks crap again. I totally missed that the first time I watched the promo again, just like the last time they did it.

Dammit.

Daniel "Any one of us can die." I'm sure comes AFTER some DOES die....like....BEN!!!

nah i'm just kidding...i don't think they're ever going to kill of Ben, I do however think the Bram and Ilana are working for Eloise Hawking OR the Hanso Foundation.

**** the haters last nights episode was great.

Hurley in the van with Chang and miles was ****ing amazing.

"Heeey you're name is miles too isnt it?..Miles?"

Great episode -- so much better than 'Dead is Dead', which blew serious chunks.

100th episode coming up, huh? Nice.

Top episode. I did wonder why it was called Hoth as the only other meaning I could put to the word was the planet. Good ending, too.

**** the haters last nights episode was great.

Hurley in the van with Chang and miles was ****ing amazing.

"Heeey you're name is miles too isnt it?..Miles?"

Man, Hurley can't ****ing ever be trusted to shut his mouth.

Man, having your own tooth filling blast through your own brain is a hardcore way to go.

So Ilana and Bram are working for somebody other than Wildmore or Ben? I thought there were only 2 parties in this so called war. We know they aren't working for Wildmore, so its either Ben or Ms Hawkings as someone mentioned above.

Also good to know that Wildmore planted the fake 815. So Ben did tell the truth, for once.

I think that those two are working for the Dharma Initiative or some sort of offspring organization.

I was very disappointed that Widmore turned out to be a former 'Other'. It diluted the war considerably, I think, and much of the conflict of Season 4. The introduction of this third threat is welcome, and I am hoping it is going to be the resurgence of the Initiative, rather than some arbitrary new party. There have been several mentions of Ann Arbor, Dharma central off-Island, and I'm thinking these are nods towards the thinking of, okay, so they purged Dharma on the Island -- what about off?

That definitely seems to be the direction which the show is going - Dharma was probably rather reclusive off-island with both Ben and Widmore's groups still being active. Now that Widmore's associates have been gunned down by Ben and the hostiles have suffered their own losses there wouldn't be a better time for Dharma to reclaim some territory.

It just happens to be convenient that this is at the same time they will receive that message from Chang giving them a reason to restart the DI.

I was very disappointed that Widmore turned out to be a former 'Other'. It diluted the war considerably, I think, and much of the conflict of Season 4. The introduction of this third threat is welcome, and I am hoping it is going to be the resurgence of the Initiative, rather than some arbitrary new party. There have been several mentions of Ann Arbor, Dharma central off-Island, and I'm thinking these are nods towards the thinking of, okay, so they purged Dharma on the Island -- what about off?

Im thinking its Dharma as well, which I think will be pretty interesting to see how that will end up conflicting with Locke and whatever it is the island plans to do with him next.

So yeah that special was crap BUT this is epic. LOST got a special award at the Jules Verne Festival in France. To advertise it, they used this cryptic image:

who.jpg

There is also another pic in the video, so I'm thinking it's a teaser for season 6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEN0EgAevGM

That is part 1 of 4. I really hope that recap is in with the Season 5 collection or on Blu-Ray. How can you abandon LOST and stop watching the best show on tv? *Oh snap, I hope all those character vids make it in as extra's!

I'm thinking and hoping it's Dharma as well... that those people are aligned with.

It would kind of make some sense. Back when Jack, Kate, and Hurley were talking to Sawyer, and they asked him why he was wearing a Dharma suit. Sawyer said they were members of the Dharma initiative now.

And then Jack asked, "They came back to the island?"

I recently saw that scene again, and to me it's a perfect hint that dharma is coming back again.

Somebody made a theory that those people are the Oceanic 6 kids from the future.

This weeks episode title (and last weeks final bit) has me really excited. I'm hoping this ep will be as phenomenal as "The Constant".

For those wondering, the Episode title is

The Variable

The similarities are obvious.

This weeks episode title (and last weeks final bit) has me really excited. I'm hoping this ep will be as phenomenal as "The Constant".

For those wondering, the Episode title is

The Variable

The similarities are obvious.

It won't be able to match the charm, I don't think anyway... on that level. Because The Constant had that amazing moment between Desmond and Penny.

Oh and hool, I hope to god not! That would be lame! The only cool thing would be Dharma! Any other wacky unknown group thrown it yet again is just... that'd piss me off.

apparently its a direct sequel to the constant so i'm reckoning good times are ahead

This is another theory for you folks:

dharma-wheel.gif
dharma.gif
Bentham%20Panopticon%20Blast%20Door%20Map.jpg

The Dharmacakra (Sanskrit) or Dhammacakka (P?li), Tibetan chos kyi 'khor lo, Chinese f?lún ??, "Wheel of Dharma" is a symbol that has represented dharma, the Buddha's teaching of the path to enlightenment, since the early period of Indian Buddhism.[1] It is also sometimes translated as wheel of doctrine or wheel of law. A similar symbol is also in use in Jainism. It is one of the Ashtamangala Symbols
The Dharmacakra symbol is represented as a chariot wheel (Sanskrit cakram) with eight or more spokes. It is one of the oldest known Buddhist symbols found in Indian art, appearing with the first surviving post-Harappan Indian iconography in the time of the Buddhist king A?oka?. The Dharmacakra has been used by all Buddhist nations as a symbol ever since. In its simplest form, the Dharmacakra is recognized globally as a symbol for Buddhism.[2]
All Buddhists agree that the original turning of the wheel occurred when the Buddha taught the five ascetics who became his first disciples at the Deer Park in Sarnath. In memory of this, the Dharmacakra is sometimes represented with a deer on each side.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharmacakra

I suggest you read up on the stages to the path of enlightenment such as Juliet mentioned:
An ordinary person, or puthujjana (Pali; Sanskrit: p?thagjana) is trapped in the endless changes of sa?sara. Doing good or evil as influenced by his desires and aversions, an ordinary person is born in higher or lower states of being (heavens or hells) according to their actions. As these persons have little control over their minds and behaviors, their destinies are haphazard and subject to great suffering. The ordinary person has never seen and experienced the ultimate truth of Dhamma, and therefore has no way of finding an end to his predicament.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_stages_of_enlightenment
John was "enlightened" and now Jack must be tested to become enlightned. Now these are theories that have been tossed around for some time. *There is multiple religions in this show as well. You got Christianity, Egyptian, Christianity, Buddhism, all on this island.

Same thing that I told you (few pages back) when you had "an excellent theory" that The Frozen Wheel is a steering wheel for the Black Rock.

Daniel was right. You cannot change the past. It's all a time loop.

The Variable: Great ep, had the classic Lost vibe and..
..Daniel you're a giant idiot! You don't go wondering into The Others camp waving a gun around. As soon he started doing that I knew he'd by shot by his Mum, but I still found it shocking that she knew throughout his entire life (has she given birth to Daniel at this point?).
Makes me wonder what motivates these people to make such big sacrifices.

Cool resolution to getting Daniel to give his speech to Charlotte

I'm getting confused about all this what happened, happened crap. I mean, Daniel was thinking he could change things around... when in fact it ends up he could not. He died all along, supposedly.

So does that completely blow out of the water his saying that any one of them can die? I think it does... whatever happened, DID happen. Nothing will change that... period. And even though they are technically in their present, they still cannot die if they hadn't died in that time period before.

Daniel just happened to get shot, and I assume died, in that time period... always... every time.

And yet they still somehow think they can change things and stop everything as it has happened before.

Which would be impossible! It all happened before... all of it!

As soon as he started talking about "Humans are the variables" I was hoping he would get shot for such a cliche remark.

For the rest of the season I'm betting trying to change the past will end up backfiring and inadvertently cause their futures (just about every self-fulfilling prophecy story written). And it had better work that way or else continuity will go flying out the window.

Whatever Jack and the others try and do will inevitably result in the 'The Incident' I believe, which is exactly what gets them all out of their time period.

OK EP, the twist(s) were painfully obvious unfortunately....

OK episode. 5/10

It felt far too rushed and many of the shockers we've known about for a long time. How do we interpret this? Daniel must've been wrong in this episode, whatever happened, happened.

BTW, where the hell is Sayid?

Back