Lost: Season 5

That was decent, the repeated Kate scenes towards the end was kinda've stupid though.

Neeeeeed my Lost fix, when's the new season start?
No no, it wasn't a repeated Kate scene. She was counting from one to five ala Jack's story that he told her in the pilot episode where something went wrong in a spinal surgery for a little girl, that he only let the fear take over him for five seconds before uh, getting back to work and saving her life or whatever.

I'll definitely be watching this season, and it's going to aggravate me 100 fold because the 3rd most annoying this about this show is the way they insert commercials. I know for a fact if I didn't watch seasons 1-4 on dvd, I could have never watched them. I still might have to watch them all online just to avoid the commercials.

Holding gun to Locke: Drop the gun brother
Jack: .....Desmond?
*boom*
Hey guys, I'm vince with SHAM-WOW!.....

edit:

No no, it wasn't a repeated Kate scene. She was counting from one to five ala Jack's story that he told her in the pilot episode where something went wrong in a spinal surgery for a little girl, that he only let the fear take over him for five seconds before uh, getting back to work and saving her life or whatever.

Oh, couldn't hear her really... thought she was just whimpering.
Cheap laptop speakers ftw.

It'll be interesting to see who will go this season. I have a strong feeling that Ben will carc it this season. Something tells me his use to the Island and to the show will end when he manages to succeed in sending the Oceanix 6 back. I think it's a certainty that the O6 will live past Season 5, including Desmond. I don't think Locke's truly 'dead' in the sense. Claire will stick around, into Season 6.

Although this show is great, I have little expectations for the first episode. Mainly because its a freight train; slow to pick up speed, but once at full pace, it is one devastating mother f*ck.

Hmm...possibly. According to reviews however, it'll be the opposite.

Am I the only one who hates that trailer music, its on bloody everything.

i agree that the music is overused but that trailer still gets me pumped up!!
:rolling:

Yes, I'm sure you know....

I like how Damon Lindelof said 'if you want hints and answers to Lost, read the Bible'. :p

Yes, I'm sure you know....

I like how Damon Lindelof said 'if you want hints and answers to Lost, read the Bible'. :p

SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

Shit if you want some hints and answers to lost you can read alot of different books.

I so can't wait for season 5. I just got into Lost and bought the seasons. But one thing I was confused about is about Desmond's last vision about Charlie going to the underwater station, Desmond says that if his vision comes true that Claire and Aaron gets off the island by helicopter. But obviously it doesn't happen. I was thinking that Desmond only said that so they could get off the island

Awesome trailer. Reminds me of how good season 4 was.

Can't wait for season 5! It's too bad all my friends have gone back to Uni. Three of us would go to the local supermarket, get tons of crisps, cakes and soft drinks then go to mine and watch the latest episode I had... uh, aquired. Not gonna be the same this year. :(

Just to note, spoilers and potential spoilers follow:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b7JfGf6HCNQ
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bXAz78Rhguo&feature=related

Seen quite a few recent Lost promos. Thought I'd add the two most interesting. It really does seem as if The Island and the Survivors are moving backwards and forwards through time. I'm pretty sure I've seen Locke at gunpoint by Ethan, and ducking to avoid the drug smuggler's plane as it crashes. If you watch the first trailer...you can hear Locke's voice saying something backwards. In reverse, he's saying "When am I?".

If this honestly is the case...does anyone get the impression that the unknown attackers using flame arrows who are attacking the survivors on the beach camp could be mercenaries from The Black Rock, as it first came to the Island? Okay...this is getting paradoxical.

I guess that's how Season 5 starts. Recent reviews have suggested that Season 5 opens in a very unique way, paying homage to heaps of previous aspects of Lost's story in the beginning scenes. I think, as the promos have also suggested, the show will begin with Locke waking up or something following the Island's movement and him being all alone. He'll then trek off by himself and experience jumps through time such as those that I described above.

This is intriguing! If the Island is moving through time due to some paranormal out-burst of electromagnetic radiation (which was the cause of Desmond's time travelling), then that suggests the only way to stop it from moving is to find The Island's constant! Now....what is it's constant? For Desmond it was Penny. I think for the Island, it's the Oceanic 6, which is evidenced by their need to go back, and by Richard saying to Locke 'the only way to save the Island is to get your people back here' and by Locke telling Jack 'they all died if you all didn't come back'.

I've also seen a scene where it appears Charlotte has a nose-bleed. Could it be possible that the Island, or a few people perhaps, moves back to the time of the Purge? This would be interesting because it would allow the writers, as they have previously promised, the chance to further explore Danielle's back-story and show us more as to how she survived the Purge - because we all know she has never been telling the full truth about her history on the Island. She was there when it happened! 12 years before the crash of OF 815, on December 19th, 1992. She's been there for 16 years. But she survived.

All of what I've said seems to fit in with the announcement by Damon Lindelof that the use of flashbacks and flashforwards will be presented in an extremely different manner.

Oh...just a quick edit. Figured something else out. All of this seems to fit in with Comic-Con's 2008 Lost presentation as well. I think the camera man, filming Marvin Candle, is Daniel Farraday, and he's there as a reuslt of the Island's movements through time. :D

Whoa...brain overload.

Just to note, spoilers and potential spoilers follow:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b7JfGf6HCNQ
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bXAz78Rhguo&feature=related

Seen quite a few recent Lost promos. Thought I'd add the two most interesting. It really does seem as if The Island and the Survivors are moving backwards and forwards through time. I'm pretty sure I've seen Locke at gunpoint by Ethan, and ducking to avoid the drug smuggler's plane as it crashes. If you watch the first trailer...you can hear Locke's voice saying something backwards. In reverse, he's saying "When am I?".

If this honestly is the case...does anyone get the impression that the unknown attackers using flame arrows who are attacking the survivors on the beach camp could be mercenaries from The Black Rock, as it first came to the Island? Okay...this is getting paradoxical.

I guess that's how Season 5 starts. Recent reviews have suggested that Season 5 opens in a very unique way, paying homage to heaps of previous aspects of Lost's story in the beginning scenes. I think, as the promos have also suggested, the show will begin with Locke waking up or something following the Island's movement and him being all alone. He'll then trek off by himself and experience jumps through time such as those that I described above.

This is intriguing! If the Island is moving through time due to some paranormal out-burst of electromagnetic radiation (which was the cause of Desmond's time travelling), then that suggests the only way to stop it from moving is to find The Island's constant! Now....what is it's constant? For Desmond it was Penny. I think for the Island, it's the Oceanic 6, which is evidenced by their need to go back, and by Richard saying to Locke 'the only way to save the Island is to get your people back here' and by Locke telling Jack 'they all died if you all didn't come back'.

I've also seen a scene where it appears Charlotte has a nose-bleed. Could it be possible that the Island, or a few people perhaps, moves back to the time of the Purge? This would be interesting because it would allow the writers, as they have previously promised, the chance to further explore Danielle's back-story and show us more as to how she survived the Purge - because we all know she has never been telling the full truth about her history on the Island. She was there when it happened! 12 years before the crash of OF 815, on December 19th, 1992. She's been there for 16 years. But she survived.

All of what I've said seems to fit in with the announcement by Damon Lindelof that the use of flashbacks and flashforwards will be presented in an extremely different manner.

Oh...just a quick edit. Figured something else out. All of this seems to fit in with Comic-Con's 2008 Lost presentation as well. I think the camera man, filming Marvin Candle, is Daniel Farraday, and he's there as a reuslt of the Island's movements through time. :D

Whoa...brain overload.

very illuminating. thanks for your input.
and i hope you're right about most of what you've said because it sounds fantastic!
:cheers:

Thought you guys might like this. Not sure if this is against the rules. I know pics of Magazines aren't allowed. Not sure about written extracts. Please let me know if they are.

TV Guide was recently in Hawaii to visit with the cast of Lost, which returns with its fifth season on Thursday, January 21 at 10 PM ET on ABC. Below are some of the spoilers that the cast revealed to the magazine, and a list of 10 episodes that executive producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindeloff think you should watch before tuning into this fifth season premiere.

Yunjin Kim (Sun): "We don't all succeed in getting back to the island"

Michael Emerson (Ben): On Season 5, "We've crested the hump and are rolling...towards some sort of ending"
On the time travel "you could let it make you go crazy"

Josh Holloway (Sawyer): "I have no idea where I'm at or what I'm doing"

Executive producer Carlton Cuse: "Some characters change something in the past, which is a huge turn in the story line.....there is interconnectedness - some of it by blood."

Spoilers;
- By February one character (besides Locke) will be dead
- Sawyer may have a new love interest with one of the island's earlier residents
- The future-seeing old lady encountered by Desmond is 'more important than you ever dreamed' (Cuse)

Evangeline Lilly: The former flight attendant with 'startling intelligence' (The Hurt Locker director Kathryn Bigelow), talks to TV Guide Magazine's Shawna Malcom.

On her attitude to fame: "I deny that I am Evangeline Lilly...it's terrible to admit but I don't care....I wasn't ready for any of this."

On herself: "I'm goofy and weird and a bit loud."

On the tabloids: "To this day I'm engaged every summer....you can't give an inch because they'll take a mile. I don't have any investment in needing to be the next megastar."

On doing her own hair and makeup: "I decided I'm just gonna be me and if people don't like that, OK."

On when Kate first sees Sawyer: "There's almost a feeling of seeing a ghost. I really believe she thought he was dead."

The Top 10 Essential Episodes:
Executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carolton Cuse exclusively reveal the Top 10 episodes Lost fans might want to review before Season 5's January 21 premiere.

Season One:
1.0 Walkabout
Episode Clue: Locke was in a wheelchair before his arrival on the Island
Season 5 Preview: Jack and Ben try to bring to bring Locke's corpse back to the Island. Can he be resurrected?

2.0 White Rabbit
Episode Clue: Jack's dead father Christian appears very much alive on the island
Season 5 Preview: Christian returns and the mystery of his white tennis shoes will be answered.

3.0 Deus Ex Machina
Episode Clue: Locke pleads to the island "I've done everything you wanted me to do," and a light comes on in the Swan hatch.
Season 5 Preview: "We will learn the whole nature of why the Swan hatch exists." Lindelof

Season Two:
4.0 The 23rd Psalm
Episode Clue: When Mr Eko stared at the smoke monster you "learned the monster was able to pull memories from a character's life," reminds Cuse.
Season 5 Preview: A greater understanding of the monster will come this season.

5.0 Live Together, Die Alone
Episode Clue: Sayid, Sun and Jin pass the ruins of a giant four-toed statue.
Season 5 Preview: The statue will reappear.

Season Three:
6.0 Flashes Before Your Eyes
Episode Clue: Desmond meets Fionnula Flanagan who could presumably foresee the future.
Season 5 Preview: We will see the mysterious woman again.

7.0 The Man Behind the Curtain
Episode Clue: Ben's back story was begun.
Season 5 Preview: A "nice juicy chunk" of Ben's back story will be revealed confirms Cuse.

Season Four:
8.0 The Constant
Episode Clue: Desmond is shown time-jumping between 1996 and 2004.
Season 5 Preview: The consequences of incorrectly entering/exiting the island will play a crucial role as the Oceanic 6 attempt their return.

9.0 The Shape of Things to Come
Episode Clue: Ben tells Charles Whidmore he will kill his daughter Penny. Ben responds "We both know I can't kill you."
Season 5 Preview: The power struggle between these men deepens and will be explored further this year.

10.0 There's No Place Like Home
Episode Clue: Ben addresses Jacob before he turns the stone wheel and moves the island. Everything in this episode is relevant.
Season 5 Preview: We'll see Locke's death midway through the Season as his faith in the island will continue to be tested.

Hmmm...some characters change the past? Farraday warning Dr. Candle of the Purge and future events perhaps? I have a feeling Sayid might be the one who won't make it back.

Why do you guys look at all this stuff beforehand, I would rather not see anything on it until it starts.

Time Paradox ;(

Are you sure its the same one, or a totally different one?
it's def the same one, you can tell when you look at it closely.

i honestly hope he tries to knock it down ahead of boone getting crushed by it, im sure thatd make time very unhappy and cause for some good scenes.

Yep, in a deterministic universe there's no changing the future since everything is a long list of cause-effects going all the way back to the beginning of time itself, thus the idea of parallel timelines doesn't really work.

major episode one spoilers from darkufo:

It opens with an unknown man in bed with a woman. A baby cries. Woman says it's his turn. He grumbles but gets out of bed. Scenes much like the one with Desmond in the Hatch with food being prepared. Man feeds baby and leaves house which we see is in Othertown. He goes into a House which is set up like a TV studio. At this point we see the man is Candle. He is shooting the Arrow instructional video. He says the Arrow station was used for developing weaponry. He is interrupted by someone saying there is a problem at The Orchid.

He goes to the underground. They are digging. They have hit some weirdness which we know to be the donkey wheel chamber. He yells at the foreman for digging in a dangerous area. They know a power source is there that can control time. There are rules that can't be broken. If they release the energy there will be a problem. The shots widens out and we realize the worker he bumped into on the way out is the Freighter Scientist Daniel in Dharma gear.

Lost swoosh.

Future time. We are at the Funeral Home where dead Locke is with Jack and Ben. They talk about pretty much what we already know and seen. They all need to go back. They need to get everyone together. Ect. At the hotel they watch a news broadcast of an escaped mental patient that is wanted for murder. It's Hurley.

Back to the Island. Aftermath of the light.

Locke is no longer with the group of Others. It's raining and he is alone. This surprises him. He starts yelling and running around.

Daniel out on the raft says they were "within the radius" and therefore ok for now.

Sawyer is with Juliette. He is shirtless still. They are wondering what is going on. Bernard runs out of the jungle screaming for Rose. She runs out as well and they hug. Sawyer tells them to calm down and go back to the camp. Bernard says there is no camp. They go to where the camp was and all the 815ers are looking around but there is no stuff. No wreckage. No Dharma food kitchen.

Daniel finds them. He says he knows what's going on. He wants them to go to the nearest place that has "man made" items. The nearest place is the Hatch. They start heading that way. Sawyer is shoeless and shirtless. Sawyer wants answers. Daniel says he can't explain. It would be tough to explain to a Physicist he doesn't know how to explain to Sawyer. He is very insistent that they hurry. Sawyer slaps him. It's funny. Charlotte came to Daniel's defense and was told by Sawyer he'd give her a slap too. He demands to know what is going on right now. He also wants Daniels shirt which he doesn't get.

Daniel explains the island is skipping like a record. Or maybe just they are, he isn't sure. He doesn't know when they are.

Locke is walking in a field. He sees a plane in the distance coming towards him. He ducks as it flies over. Something falls out. It's a Mary statue just like the ones they found before with Boone. He goes to where the plane has crashed. It is the Nigerian plane still stuck on the cliff. He yells but no one answers. He tries to climb up. Halfway through someone starts shooting at him. He gets shot in the leg and falls. That freaks him out but not as much as the man running towards him holding a gun. The man is Ethan. Ethan asks who Locke is and where he came from. Locke tries to explain that he knows Ethan and he shouldn't shoot him. Ethan raises the gun to kill Locke.

The flash happens again.

All of a sudden it's nighttime now and there is no Ethan. Locke is very confused and upset.

Future time.

Sun is at an Airport. She goes to an Oceanic counter to check in. The agent notices her name and asks her to wait. She is thrown into a room when the door locks. Widmore comes in through a different door. He's pissed at Sun for talking to him in front of other people. He demands respect. He asks what Sun wants. Sun says she wants to kill Ben.

---I run out of notes at this time ---

The next part is the fight with Hurley and Sayid at the safe house pretty much the same as the clip that was released. It's slightly extended. While Sayid fights the man Hurley is standing outside holding a gun with blood on his shirt. A bystander snaps a cellphone pic of him. After Sayid wins the fight he is somewhat drugged and he leaves with Sayid.

I've somehow stayed 90% spoiler free... really looking forward to tonight.

I've gotta wait till tomorrow when they finally host it up on their site....blah.

im not gonna lie, im more excited for next week than this week. they've said that its going to have the most mythology, and no oceanic six. plus its about desmond :D

I read a thing on an episode named "Jughead" and people suspected it was a bomb and they were right. I don't know if it's a nuke or where it is, I just read that a bomb is named Jughead.
After that I'm not looking at anymore spoilers. Don't look at swan_song spoiler because I read "tonights episode starts with a woman" and I stopped reading. Probably the woman in the cloak but I don't care. I got root beer, Cape Cod chips, and some fruit cream tarts from a pastry store. Special should start at 8PM EST and last all the way to 11PMEST. Really it sucks because you can't avoid the spoilers. Anthony Garcia (Hurley) spoils everything and there are the ABC previews plus the producers are spoiling things.
Basically you can change history Samon. Somebody does I read but like that old lady says, time has a way of course correcting itself.

Back