Lost: Season 5

See, Season 2 is where I really got hooked. So go figure.

Yah, I liked 2 a lot as well, playas juz b hatin. 2 Was where you had the first exploration of the island's mysterious facilities, the numbers, the introduction to the button craziness... Then there was the stuff with Michael which blew my socks off. Great season IMO even if it answered little.

As the creators have said, Lost is a show that has a very definite beginning, middle, and end. Seasons 1-2 represent the beginning of the show. The introduction of it's core concepts and characters. Season 3-4 represent the middle of the show. The time in which these core characters and concepts are expanded upon. Seasons 5-6 represent the conclusion of the story. That's where resolution is given to all of the core characters and concepts of the show.

Just like any other story.

I read a pretty huge spoiler on what I think was the first episode, and if its all true then yeah Season 5 is going to be amazing.

• Michael Dawson, last seen on the freighter as the bomb explodes, has been killed off and will not be returning.
  • Jin will return in the fifth season as a main character, suggesting that his character did not perish on the freighter.

Pleased about the latter (Jin is ace), but deeply annoyed about the former because I really do think they (the writers) short changed the actor over this and his return and although the character could be annoying, he is a good actor (was exceptional in Oz) and deserves better treatment. I can understand his deep frustration with how things played out in the end. Also on the basis of Jin surviving, Michael would of been his perfect island companion in many ways. I mean what's he going to do save fish with Bernard for most of the season.....

Was that the orange plane of death I saw there? that things like a bad penny! its been shot, crashed, crushed, dropped, burned, and yet it still comes back!

Some people seem quite annoyed at Lost for having so many unexplained (or indirectly explainable) things, yet for me thats the whole point, it provokes discussion and speculation, if for instance, they were to give some massive overriding explaination for everything, it would kinda ruin it for me.

It wasn't so much an absence of explanations so much as it was as if the writers were endlessly heaping mysteries and questions on each other that it became overwhelming for a bit. It was, like, why introduce this new unexplained strange thing when there's still stuff from the first two seasons we don't know anything about?

But that was then. The show's not really fresh in my mind right now so I've pretty much forgotten half of what I was curious about. That will change come January.

who the hell is
wearing a hazard suit and busting out of that hatch, pointing a gun at a guy that looks like it might be desmond?!

Can't f*cking wait for more headaches! :D

I'm gonna force myself to not get excited so waiting 3 months doesn't kill me.

Too late.

who the hell is
wearing a hazard suit and busting out of that hatch, pointing a gun at a guy that looks like it might be desmond?!
I think that may be young Faraday (instead of Desmond). Perhaps more time travel, not to mention if it were the old hatch Desmond could be inside, which Faraday wrote would be his constant if anything went wrong.

Good trailer.

I had a shiver run down my spine watching that trailer. The good kind of shiver.

Finally seems like we're going to have an interesting storyline for a change. More movie-like.

Well I got NetFlix recently and I'm watching the show again. This time though I got my parents hooked after making fun of me for watching this "soap opera". :upstare: My mom likes to read the ending of books so she knows stuff before my dad, but there is so much spoilers that she constantly forgets them. Well anyways they are like the best LOST fans. Here are some of their theories mixed in spoilers from Season 5.

I have no clue what will happen, but they said there is an active volcano and will play a major part on the island. In school Ben was taught about the volcano and how they work. They even got scared of an eruption but it was just "The Hostiles". Kate when she took a shower in the hatch mentioned that she smelt Sulpher gas.

When Ben was a kid, he met our time traveler, Alpert. Now they were called "The Hostiles" and Ben made a pact with them even though they attacked the DHARMA members. Ben said he survived because DHARMA didn't play good with the locales. Now it is mentioned that there was a lost civilization on the island. Could Alpert be part of this civilization? Maybe this lost civilization had people with unusual life expectancies because he did look younger when Ben was a kid.

Now on Jacob, my parents believe he is a prisoner. A prisoner that is held by "The Hostiles". When Ben and Locke were first going to his cabin, Locke noticed what my dad pointed out was like gun powder substance on the ground. It's a 1' wide and deep granules of gun powder stuff and surrounds, in a circle Jacobs cabin. My parents believe Jacob cannot cross that circle. When they visited him, he was angry and asked Locke for help. He wanted Locke to help free him. My parents believe that "The Hostiles" know he is an unstoppable force. How he got there is a complete mystery. When he kicked Ben, his arms looked like they were tied to the chair and you can see a person in the chair. When you see his eyes though, he got loose from the chair. There is also red and yellow jars and I think the yellow stuff is what they inject Claire with. I personally also think he is the King of the civilization.

In a couple of scenes, especially when Ben and Juliet get out of a sub, you can see the kingdom walls. It's right there but is covered by the jungle, as if the kingdom is part of the island now or the island took it over.

There is more hatches other than just the island. It was mentioned that there was 6 and one was where Rose went to for her miracle doctor. The guy did say there was something wrong with the magnetic field in that spot on the Earth. Another was where Locke was supposed to go for his science camp. I recently read though there is only 2 and that the 6 don't need to fan out to the 6 stations to find the island?! I have no clue.

Also I think Widmore is funding DHARMA and since Ben killed them on that station, he wants to take him in.

Ana Lucia was chasing Hurley in his wild car stunt scene.

Ben I believe was with Danielle I swear to god. The way he says she is some crazy woman in a jungle is saying "I'm lying". When Ben was a kid, he was with a young girl and I think that was her. I say that a research boat did crash there but Ben broke up with her and banished her to that island. She was living with that crew but the Infection was smokey or idk. All I know is that Ben must be with Danielle.

I think Smokey is a dog for Jacob or the kingdoms security guard.

My parents also were surprised that Juliet knew that Sayid tortured people in Basara, Iraq. That place was notorious in the Gulf War for American POW's to be tortured and I believe that Sayid tortured American soldiers.
As for any more spoilers, this guy has many good spoilers: http://www.youtube.com/user/THEBOOKOFLAW

Another is: http://www.spoilerfix.com/lost.php

Finally this site is very good: http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/

Just use google and they are out there. Oh and I also heard
The polar bears were trained to turn the "frozen wheel". The bear would be banished and not a person much like the polar bear in the desert and how the "Black Rock" got in the middle of the island. They did psychological testing when they didn't use them. It also explains why they picked polar bears to turn the wheel because that place was so cold. Why is that place so cold anyways?!

Well I got NetFlix recently and I'm watching the show again. This time though I got my parents hooked after making fun of me for watching this "soap opera". :upstare: My mom likes to read the ending of books so she knows stuff before my dad, but there is so much spoilers that she constantly forgets them. Well anyways they are like the best LOST fans. Here are some of their theories mixed in spoilers from Season 5.

I have no clue what will happen, but they said there is an active volcano and will play a major part on the island. In school Ben was taught about the volcano and how they work. They even got scared of an eruption but it was just "The Hostiles". Kate when she took a shower in the hatch mentioned that she smelt Sulpher gas.

When Ben was a kid, he met our time traveler, Alpert. Now they were called "The Hostiles" and Ben made a pact with them even though they attacked the DHARMA members. Ben said he survived because DHARMA didn't play good with the locales. Now it is mentioned that there was a lost civilization on the island. Could Alpert be part of this civilization? Maybe this lost civilization had people with unusual life expectancies because he did look younger when Ben was a kid.

Now on Jacob, my parents believe he is a prisoner. A prisoner that is held by "The Hostiles". When Ben and Locke were first going to his cabin, Locke noticed what my dad pointed out was like gun powder substance on the ground. It's a 1' wide and deep granules of gun powder stuff and surrounds, in a circle Jacobs cabin. My parents believe Jacob cannot cross that circle. When they visited him, he was angry and asked Locke for help. He wanted Locke to help free him. My parents believe that "The Hostiles" know he is an unstoppable force. How he got there is a complete mystery. When he kicked Ben, his arms looked like they were tied to the chair and you can see a person in the chair. When you see his eyes though, he got loose from the chair. There is also red and yellow jars and I think the yellow stuff is what they inject Claire with. I personally also think he is the King of the civilization.

In a couple of scenes, especially when Ben and Juliet get out of a sub, you can see the kingdom walls. It's right there but is covered by the jungle, as if the kingdom is part of the island now or the island took it over.

There is more hatches other than just the island. It was mentioned that there was 6 and one was where Rose went to for her miracle doctor. The guy did say there was something wrong with the magnetic field in that spot on the Earth. Another was where Locke was supposed to go for his science camp. I recently read though there is only 2 and that the 6 don't need to fan out to the 6 stations to find the island?! I have no clue.

Also I think Widmore is funding DHARMA and since Ben killed them on that station, he wants to take him in.

Ana Lucia was chasing Hurley in his wild car stunt scene.

Ben I believe was with Danielle I swear to god. The way he says she is some crazy woman in a jungle is saying "I'm lying". When Ben was a kid, he was with a young girl and I think that was her. I say that a research boat did crash there but Ben broke up with her and banished her to that island. She was living with that crew but the Infection was smokey or idk. All I know is that Ben must be with Danielle.

I think Smokey is a dog for Jacob or the kingdoms security guard.

My parents also were surprised that Juliet knew that Sayid tortured people in Basara, Iraq. That place was notorious in the Gulf War for American POW's to be tortured and I believe that Sayid tortured American soldiers.
As for any more spoilers, this guy has many good spoilers: http://www.youtube.com/user/THEBOOKOFLAW

Another is: http://www.spoilerfix.com/lost.php

Finally this site is very good: http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/

Just use google and they are out there. Oh and I also heard
The polar bears were trained to turn the "frozen wheel". The bear would be banished and not a person much like the polar bear in the desert and how the "Black Rock" got in the middle of the island. They did psychological testing when they didn't use them. It also explains why they picked polar bears to turn the wheel because that place was so cold. Why is that place so cold anyways?!

to increase a magnets magnatism you get it very cold. maybe that's why the island is so magnetic is because it's magnetic anomoly is very cold down there as well

Yeah that's true but it makes no sense how it's so cold. They are on a tropical island and it it's like subzero down there.

Well we sorta know the island is capable of connecting to other parts of the world (trying to avoid the word teleportation), maybe there is some sort of wierd wibbly wobbly spacial leak thing thats connected it to a cold place. I remember reading about how you can take key places like Portland, Tunisia, The Arctic and the general location of the island in the pacific, and use the compass bearing 325 (that they use to leave/return) to intersect them all. Its probbally total bollocks, but it was a good read.

Does anybody know whether Frank Lapidus will be returning; possibly as a mutual friend of Penny and Desmond?

I was just reading up on Naveen Andrews (Sayid) imdb profile

Born Naveen William Sidney Andrews in London, England of Indian origin on January 17, 1969, this gifted actor had a penchant for older women. He was raised in Wandsworth, South London (beside the River Thames) to a fairly conservative family. When he was 16, he fell in love with his Mathematics teacher, Geraldone Feakins, who bore his child, Jaisal, in 1992.

I think we'll see Lapidus again, and my hunch is Widmore will be the one to find him. So, he will probably die.

just re-watched the trailer and it's definetly daniel with the backpack and that must be desmond popping out of the hatch with the gun! also, who do you think hurley and sayid are fighting to get one of the members? obviously bodyguards but for who?!

also
What a crappy theory.

wuts a crappy theory?

just re-watched the trailer and it's definetly daniel with the backpack and that must be desmond popping out of the hatch with the gun!

Not necessarily, it could equally be the other guy from Desmond's flashback, Kevin Inman. Although I posted the theory, I'm now a little skeptical that the entrance was that of the Swan, I think it looked somewhat different.

No my theories are not stupid at all because they have been confirmed. Anyways that woman who could see into the future and talked to Desmond. Ya she is related to a big character. I think it's Kates grandma.

3X08_DesmondHawkingStreet.jpg

Also there was a scene with Locke and the people who took him into a family. Then that kid he picked up was a cop? Ya he looks A LOT like Keamy.

3X03_EddieLocke.jpg

Keamy.jpg

*Oh btw the the Sayid and Hurley scene:
AUGUST 24,2008~Hurley and Sayid drive into the apartment complex parking lot in a late-model blue SUV. (It and the other cars have California plates.) They exit, Sayid looking sharp in a black shirt and dark khaki pants, Hurley wearing a thick, long, grey bathrobe over a blue T-shirt. Hurley's also holding a big burger and paper cup. They make their way stealthily up the stairs, and walk the length of the building, past several apartments. They work their way up to the top floor, Hurley eating the whole way. Finally they reach the apartment they're looking for. They confer for a moment. Sayid seems to reach for the top of the door, looking for a key, perhaps, when something startles them. Sayid pushes Hurley aside, and draws his gun, pointing it at the door. It opens, and there's a struggle inside. The next moment, Sayid throws a man over the railing to the asphalt four stories below. There's a second man inside. Shots ring out. Hurley emerges from the apartment, gun in his hand, and looks over the railing in disbelief.
Just read this youtube profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/THEBOOKOFLAW

Also when we first go into Jacobs cabin, you can see Jacob sitting in the chair. He looks like a hippie. The new hatch teaser on the Season 3 DVD also adds the beeping of "The Swan" like an incident happened on camera (like Hollowax said happened twice) and caused the bunny to teleport or something. You don't hear the beeping on youtube. *Also LOL: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7a6mt_fgl0704_fun

Also there was a scene with Locke and the people who took him into a family. Then that kid he picked up was a cop? Ya he looks A LOT like Keamy.

3X03_EddieLocke.jpg

Keamy.jpg

Dude that is like, the lowest of the low in theory terms. Lets see if their eyebrows match.

Or, indeed, the fabled Radzinsky.

OOOH didn't think of that....but i'm still leaning towards it being Desmond seeing as how Daniel would have to seek out Desmond to get his constant. But who knows, that WOULD be interesting for Daniel to get there too early and it be Radzinsky and....what was that dudes name? the guy who was "a spook"

No my theories are not stupid at all because they have been confirmed. Anyways that woman who could see into the future and talked to Desmond. Ya she is related to a big character. I think it's Kates grandma.

3X08_DesmondHawkingStreet.jpg

3X03_EddieLocke.jpg

Keamy.jpg

that's not even the same actor so I have my doubts their the same character...also, what gives you the idea that SHE is Kate's g-ma?

Idk but there was a news post on LOST-media saying that she is related to a major character. We don't know much on Kate, just her real dad, mom, and the dead moms boyfriend. What if Kate went to her grandma seeking the fate of Aaron after Claire said not to return the kid to the island. They do look similar as well. He was an undercover cop then mercenary possibly. Could have switched jobs later on in life. We don't know much about Keamy neither.

Plus Locke returns to a graveyard off the island and gets shot?! While in a wheelchair as well.

You don't think they erased his past to cover up his mission? He was a hired mercenary like the Blackwater Security Forces in Iraq.

Keamy also served as a first sergeant in the United States Marine Corps from 1996 to 2001.

He also might have been a police officer then went to a special undercover cop, then decided to be above the law. We just might one day be shown about Keamys past. Who knows, maybe that guy that was with Desmond, and taught Sayid how to torture, also taught Keamy to be a mercenary.

Back