Lost: Season 5

I use sites and my own theories. The LOST Experience I think at this point is non-canon. The writers in the past have said it's canon but they have been know to lie in the past to dissuade fans. Faraday is very good with numbers and was part of the DI higher-ups. When they were putting the numbers on the hatch, the 2 workers said "we just received an order to put these numbers on the hatch". Faraday had some sort of influence or role in the DI. I mean if your still believing the LOST Experience thing, where is Jupe the monkey or that women who was trying to expose stuff? It just gave the hardcore fans something to ponder over.

The LOST Experience is canon pretty much until the writers say it isn't. Pretty much all the Viral Marketing has been canon (with the exception of the comicon video) so I see no reason to dismiss the LOST experience.

Also when Locke says hes going to kill Jacob, I think this may be his way of "helping him" Like jacob asked him to do in season 3.

BuddyTV: One thing that’s a bit of controversy in the fan community is whether or not any of the information from The Lost Experience game is actually a factor in the universe of the show. Is that something you could clear up for us?

Carlton Cuse: I think that for us, yeah, I mean, all of Alvar Hanso and his relationship with funding the Dharma Initiative is part of the mythology. The details of the Hanso Foundation’s demise…it’s tangential to the show but it’s not unrelated to the show. We sort of felt like the Internet Experience was a way for us to get out mythologies that we would never get to I wain the show. I mean, because this is mythology that doesn’t have an effect on the character’s lives or existence on the island. We created it for purposes of understanding the world of the show but it was something that was always going to be sort of below the water, sort of the iceberg metaphor, and the Internet Experience sort of gave us a chance to reveal it.

Damon Lindelof: I would say in terms of all the… background that we did, in terms of the Valenzetti equation and explaining the formation of the Hanso Foundation and doing the other films…we’d consider that stuff cannon to the show. Where there’d have to be wiggle room is the Rachel Blake story where she’s in the real world, in the outside world as we define it, the show Lost might be defined in an entirely different outside world so we can’t vouch for the overall fit ability and veracity of everything that Rachel was doing. But we can say that all the factoids that she was uncovering were vetted, in fact many of them were written by us personally so they are cannon.

BuddyTV: Is there going to be another Lost Experience at some point? Will those characters be revisited?

Carlton Cuse: I don’t think those characters would be revisited. As to whether there’s going to be another Lost Experience, there’s been discussions about it and I think it would only happen if we found another story that again, felt like it was worth telling but that we weren’t going to get around to telling it on the mother ship.

So I guess it is canon. People are pretty much saying now including my mom even that John isn't going to kill anybody physically. He will destroy the image of Jacob or show the man behind the curtain and prove he is Jacob or the true leader. It's funny though because we know he exists. There is even theories that Richard and Ben both are keeping Jacob prisoner. I had an idea today even that John was gonna burn down Jacobs cabin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Swhhw0-W_E
If you pause the video at the right moment, you can see his face and it's LOST prop master Rob Kyker:
180px-Rob_Kyker.jpg

180px-3x20_Jacob_portrait.jpg

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Rob_Kyker

Best cliffhanger they have had for a while. 1977 is finally starting to pick up somewhat.

who's excited about the season finale(s)?

so what is this season's cliffhanger going to be?

Jacob is God :b

j/k but seriously we're probably gonna see the incident, followed by the crew back in the present with Hurley ending the episode with a "Whoa..."

Incident better not just be the ****ing nuclear bomb going off and causing some boring electromagnetic effect.

That was my biggest fear. It needs to be epic. It needs to be scary!

I'm in the process of watching Lost Finale right now.

Don't read this spoiler unless you've seen the finale of Season 5.

Does anybody else find the Jacob scenes to be annoying? Like... where he's there in everybody's moments. I find it annoying right now and there better be a damn good reason for it rather than just interjecting him like this. Right now it seems like some sort of ridiculous Jacob is god and god touches all of your lives bullshit.

yea his involvement in their lives was pretty small, "hey jack here's your candy bar...bye!"

I didn't see that ending coming either, I thought for sure the bomb was going to stay undetonated.

I really want to know more about this mystery locke, and what did richard say? I dun speak dem anti-american languages!

I think this Locke is the Smoke Monster. It has to be. Why else would the smoke monster coerce Ben into helping Locke no matter what.

To me it seems like some sort of good vs evil struggle between the smoke monster and Jacob.

Honestly, we saw nothing from Jacob this episode... and I am disappointed in that. All we saw that he is involved superbly minorly(from appearances) in their lives... and I felt that was sort of a stupid plot ploy just to throw it in there "He's connected to all of them OMG!"

Other than that though, I still thought it was a good episode.

I think this Locke is the Smoke Monster. It has to be. Why else would the smoke monster coerce Ben into helping Locke no matter what.

To me it seems like some sort of good vs evil struggle between the smoke monster and Jacob.

Honestly, we saw nothing from Jacob this episode... and I am disappointed in that. All we saw that he is involved superbly minorly(from appearances) in their lives... and I felt that was sort of a stupid plot ploy just to throw it in there "He's connected to all of them OMG!"

Other than that though, I still thought it was a good episode.

It's the other guy. He finally found his loop hole. Remember the conversation they had on the beach? He could also be the Smoke Monster. We don't know what kind of powers Jacob wielded. This guy could have some shape shifting powers. It's shame that John is really dead. :( Again, like every episode we were left with more questions than answers. None of this shit will ever be revealed till the end of the series. They keep on adding mysteries on mysteries. Bah!

What is this strange new show and what have they done with Lost?!

That being said, pretty damn good episode.

yea his involvement in their lives was pretty small, "hey jack here's your candy bar...bye!"

I didn't see that ending coming either, I thought for sure the bomb was going to stay undetonated.

I really want to know more about this mystery locke, and what did richard say? I dun speak dem anti-american languages!

He says: He who will protect/save us all in Latin

So who thinks this Locke impostor is the smoke monster somehow, and the smoke monster is that one guy? And who thinks that guy is Esau... like Esau and Jacob... influenced anyway.

lol. would be shitty if that were the case... bible bullshit! But there are already so many various religious influences on the show.

It's the other guy. He finally found his loop hole. Remember the conversation they had on the beach? He could also be the Smoke Monster. We don't know what kind of powers Jacob wielded. This guy could have some shape shifting powers. It's shame that John is really dead. :( Again, like every episode we were left with more questions than answers. None of this shit will ever be revealed till the end of the series. They keep on adding mysteries on mysteries. Bah!

The smoke monster has shape shifting powers as we all know. Well... sort of like, shape shifting projections rather than it itself shape shifting.

The smoke monster is also black... and while Jacob was wearing a white shirt in the opening scene, the other guy was wearing a black shirt. More play on the whole white and black theme the show has going.

Haven't seen it yet myself but I'd love some ratings from those who have. Don't expect it to top Looking Glass but it *should* be as good as the season 4 finale.

"What lies in the shadow of the statue?"

"He who will save us all."

And who lies in the shadow of the statue? John Locke.
There is more to John Locke than they are letting on. He was chose to sacrifice himself to save others.
Jacob is gone. Locke will probably take on his role and powers.

"They are coming" Who is coming? Jack and co. They kick started the time traveling with the bomb.

I don't think that Jacob and the other guy are Good or Evil. Think of the other guy as fate/destiny, who also thinks that humans are predictable savages while Jacob represents Free will and likes to keep an open mind. For example, Hugo in the taxi and Ben at the end.

The worst season finale so far - 7/10

The meeting with Jacob was the biggest disappointment in the whole series.

I think Jacob intended to be killed, he knew "Esau" would find a loophole sooner or later, and he countered this with changing the timeline through the Oceanic 6. It's all just an elaborate backgammon game.

I have to say it seems to me that Jacob had it coming, for all his 'appearances' it didn't exactly seem like he cared that much about people. Given that Ben had bent over backwards to accommodate him, he was pretty dismissive of him.

Good to see Titus Welliver in the show though, albeit briefly at the beginning.

I certainly enjoyed the finale, and the appearance of Jacob was very welcome. I would argue that it failed to resolve certain issues that could have been dealt with if they weren't going so ludicrously fast with the rest of the season, but other than that, it was very well done.

All we saw that he is involved superbly minorly(from appearances) in their lives... and I felt that was sort of a stupid plot ploy just to throw it in there "He's connected to all of them OMG!"

That... wasn't the point at all.

Then what was the point? Maybe I'm missing some kind of back story but it really did seem like Jacob was just popping up saying useless things to (mostly) everyone. The only people it seems he might have helped were Kate by getting her out of kiddie-trouble, and Hurley to go back to the island.

He appeared at the most significant moments in their lives. Jack banishing his fear; Sawyer writing his letter; Sayid losing Nadia; John's paralysis -- turning points.

He appeared at the most significant moments in their lives. Jack banishing his fear; Sawyer writing his letter; Sayid losing Nadia; John's paralysis -- turning points.

There's definitely more to Jacob's involvement with these characters than the show lets on. Jacob and Esau supposedly know how it all "ends", but what is it that ends? Was Jacob acting in an attempt to change the end by influencing the characters lives in some way? Why would he do that if he knew it would end the same?

I think its safe to say at this point that Jacob and Esau are essentially Gods. We saw Jacob pretty much resurrect Locke after he fell from the building.

Also, I'd say there is a good chance that Esau is the smoke monster and that he was the one to save Ben from his death at the hands of Sayid and Keamy's crew by healing him and wiping out Keamy's crew so Ben could ultimately be used to kill Jacob.

If you look at the show, the 1st season was largely a battle between individual survivors of the crash, until it was revealed that the island was inhabitated.

The 2nd season expanded into an island battle with the Others who wanted to protect their home as opposed to being localized at the beach and the hatch and what not.

Season 3 expanded further and introduced players from off the island into an even bigger war.

Season 4 saw the battle expand across time.

Season 5 took that even further and ultimately in the finale it introduced characters who are basically gods.

The entire series has had the importance of the main cast raised with each new season and I think ultimately you'll see Season 6 will end up with them playing significant roles in the ultimate fate of mankind and saving the world I'll bet. All while reversing their fate and stopping Oceanic Flight 815 from ever crashing or some such happy nonsense.

I would argue that Widmore is an operative of Jacob's enemy.

Probably Eloise as well?

One question. what we saw today was the end of an extremely complicated plan by anti-jacob to find this "loop-hole" and assume power, right? So would that mean cabin christian is also just masquerading anti-jacob?

Great episode if not for the infuriating cliff hanger.

One question. what we saw today was the end of an extremely complicated plan by anti-jacob to find this "loop-hole" and assume power, right? So would that mean cabin christian is also just masquerading anti-jacob?

Could well be.

Its going to be interesting to see how this all plays out, though I'd envisage its fair to say its not going to reset the clock quite how Jack, etc seem to think given that would effectively make the last 5 seasons of the show not happen (including the present stuff). Personally I'm hoping it resets enough to save Juliet (and Sayid), because surely by now the writers must of cottoned onto the fact that no ones give a shit about Kate/Sawyer these days.

Also taking a leaf from I09 I'm looking forward to a spin off series featuring Hurley and Miles as flatmates. ;)

Anyhows no more LOST for 10 months...

So aside from 'add nekkid womens' what if anything would you have changed about the series so far if you could 'reset' the switch in some fashion?

Personally I'd have dumped the entire Shannon/Sayid romance as it ran counterpoint to his search for Nadia. That storyline blew badly.

I thought it was great.

But what bothered me the most about it is Jack and Juliet's motivations for setting off the bomb. I figured that Jack was thinking about saving lost lives, undoing their misery, etc. but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's all because of Kate, oh yes. Same thing with Juliet... "If I never meet you, then I'll never have to lose you". Well okay, you really want to change the past over your lovers?

Cool.

So Kate murdering that step father and her fallout with her mother as a result wasn't the most important area in her life that she could have used help?

And please... He only gave Jack a damn candy bar. That's a pathetic presence.

And to me it looks like he was there to distract Sayid while Nadia got hit by a car. If Sayid wasn't distracted and right there by Nadia's side, I can guarantee you he wouldn't have been hit. He's an alert mother****er and he would have certainly pulled some heroic moves to get not only Nadia, but himself out of danger.

The only one that seems truly significant to me, is being there for John. And to me it looked more like him instilling life back in John than anything... because it looked to me like he was dead.

Why is Locke's dead body still there? Every time Esau/smokey took control of somebodies body, the original body disappeared. Christian Shepherd and Yemi disappeared and presumably Alex. So why do we still see Locke's body?

And I'm thinking Esau/smokey can't take control of bodies that have been buried or cremated in the sea. That's why it was so important to the Hostiles/Others that their dead are buried.

I'm still not sold on the Esau=smokey idea.

For one, remember when Frank and Sun visited Dharmaville? You can certainly see/hear the presence of smokey there. But at that time Esau was busy being resurrected back at the prison Island.

Back