Mass Effect 3 decisions and consequences *SPOILER

tomemozok

Space Core
Reaction score
Ok,so i decided to write my actions taken and consequences in mass effect 3 here.I will update this post every day untill i finish the game(i have no idea how far am i in the moment).
I will not play the multiplayer until i finish the SP campaign.I am a Pharagon and am playing with both ME1 and ME2 finished.
Mass Effect 1 decisions:
-Aracni queen survived
-Wrex Survived
-Alenko survived with the salarian strike team
-The council died

Mass Effect 2(haven't played only the last DLC) decisions:
-Everyone survived
-Legion rewrote the geth
-Katsumi kept the box
-Mordin saved the research
-Helped the turian drunk general
-Collectors base was destroyed
-Everyone loyal
-100% of the game completed

Mass Effect 3(so far):
-every cluster searched fully
-Rachni queen freed
-Genophage cure distributed
-Jack's students sent like a support team
-Full Krogan and Turian support

Consequences(so far):
-Mordin Died
-Salarians not giving help this far

Will update this later again,off to play a bit more.
Write me your decisions and consequences if you'd like.

I decided not to buy it and consequently saved 60USD.

I like the action of making facial expressions with the consequence of being perceived as human.

Ok,so i finished the whole game,and these are the final cause and effects
-Finished 100% of the game,with more than 3k War points,without any multiplayer,and without the dlc.
-Made peace for the krogan,asari,salarian and turian forces,thus gaining their support.
-Thane died for saving the Salarian ambassador(unavoidable)
-Jacob and Jack saved
-Miranda saved(all 3 also unavoidable)
-Katsumi and Zaeed recruted(war points)
-Made peace between the geth and quarian (lost legion in the process)
-talked the illusive man into killing himself.
-as for the end,chose symbiosis.
The trilogy was the best one in story i have probably ever played(not counting elder scrolls).
Play it,the ending is preety good... :D

Dude, don't you know? Mass Effect 3 is the best roleplaying game.

I haven't beaten the game yet but I've read/seen parts of it enough to come to this theory:

The 'best' ending is the red colored one. Why? The whole scene was attempted indoctrination. The other two choices are colored non-red because they want you to pick them, but then you don't get the best ending (shep being alive), because you're indoctrinated/dead. THE COLOR CODES ARE A LIE. THE CHILD IS A MIND REAPER. And the scene where shep breaths in that 'best' ending, appears to possibly be still on Earth, not the Citadel.

This method of ending the game right now, seems to have been something that you cannot simply interpret without thought. Which explains why the majority don't get it or are angry as hell since it doesn't make sense to them. Assuming I'm correct in any way of course.

^ Like you said the choices aren't really choices. The problem I have with that is since they have marketed the whole series as the player making the choices and, many have been positive or paragon, and negative or renegade. I can accept that whatever decision you have to make shepherd dies, but why not have alternatives relating to the respective paragon renegade choices. And why does the AI get to make you "choose" were the only half decent choice eliminates organics. That and they were really inconsistent with some of the plot points with the series. Like why would there be plans for a weapon to destroy the reapers if an AI was "satisfied" with his solution, which by the way is completely rediculous because how is vastly superior machines slaughtering organics any form of an answer to chaos. If that isn't chaos, I don't know what is. An AI that has evolved to this god child would evaluate every solution and whatever he decided would be the end all. No need for plans of a weapon makes his solution null and void. That and I don't understand the keepers. There's no way one scientist would be the only one to study them. And after you finish that side quest that issue is some how over with. I don't know. Whatever.

There is one continuity flaw that I can't wrap my head around.

All your squad members are on the ground before launching the assault on the ground beam, and for all intents and purposes it would of been suicide to get off the planet. So how is it that your squad managed to escape on the Normandy?

Also Liara gave me a gift just before the final assault
Could the girl in the last video be the "gift", Liara's daughter or grandaughter, someone who has the traits of Shepard past down to them?

but then you don't get the best ending (shep being alive),
I was under the impression that Shepard dies regardless of which choice you go for

I also wondered the first thing,and came to no logical conclusion,and yes i think sheperd dies regardless of the choice you make.
And i also had liara as a romance partner,so it's possible that the girl is sheperd's child or grandchild...
And there are a lot of mishaps,i agree,but i really think the ending is actually good,thou the choices should have been a lot more different from another...
And the game really feels like it was rushed out the door,like something a bit unfinished,they should have postphoned it to june or july or something,to have more time to polish things up...

I found it bizarre that in ME1, there were two Hubs (Citadel and Noveria), in ME2 there were four (Citadel, Omega, Illium, Tuchunka) and for some reason in ME3 they settle for just the Citadel.

Although I have a feeling the second Hub (Omega) may open up to us as a DLC, whereby you retake the Station from Cerberus then you can walk around

Back