Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Pretty cool stuff.

I can't wait for this game. I loved Mercenaries 1.

I'm only pumped because it's coming to the PC and we'll be getting a demo like a week or a few days before it releases. :D

looks like very interesting gameplay...

Not that impressed, especially pathetic is how the developer 'brags' about how they took destruction as a religion, yet the destruction is AWFUL, especially compared to another 360 freeroam title called Red Faction Guerilla(I'm in the beta so I know what I'm talking about)..

Yeah, I wish I were excited for this one but I just cannot get there. Looks meh to me, but hopefully they can jazz it up in time for release.

I loved the original, and after checking the demo, I'll definitely be getting it

Not that impressed, especially pathetic is how the developer 'brags' about how they took destruction as a religion, yet the destruction is AWFUL, especially compared to another 360 freeroam title called Red Faction Guerilla(I'm in the beta so I know what I'm talking about)..

Maybe they're too focused on their own game to give a damn about some crappy Red Faction sequel?
Even though both games are basically bragging about their destruction, I have extremely low hopes for Red Faction 3 since the 2nd one sucked and I've heard nothing but bad things about the beta.

Maybe they're too focused on their own game to give a damn about some crappy Red Faction sequel?
Even though both games are basically bragging about their destruction, I have extremely low hopes for Red Faction 3 since the 2nd one sucked and I've heard nothing but bad things about the beta.
Well, just FYI, I've had nothing but great fun in Red Faction: Guerilla so far, and I've been playing for over two weeks. Ofcourse I can't speak about single-player but I'?d get RF:G for the multiplayer alone, and me being a person who is mostly into SP, it takes alot for me to get a game only for its MP.

And just because they're focused doesn't make it less ironic that they brag about their destruction that is nothing when compared to say RF:Gs or even Crysis..

Also, just so you know, I was a huge fan of Mercenaries 1.

Looks like a lot of fun. It also looks like the sort of thing that doesn't need a really technical destruction model, just one that looks good and works on everything.

Well, just FYI, I've had nothing but great fun in Red Faction: Guerilla so far, and I've been playing for over two weeks. Ofcourse I can't speak about single-player but I'?d get RF:G for the multiplayer alone, and me being a person who is mostly into SP, it takes alot for me to get a game only for its MP.

And just because they're focused doesn't make it less ironic that they brag about their destruction that is nothing when compared to say RF:Gs or even Crysis..

Also, just so you know, I was a huge fan of Mercenaries 1.

I never played Mercs 1 since I don't own any newish consoles, but I've been extremely hyped to try one of the games for a couple of years now... so I'm a bit more hyped about Mercs 2 than your average gamer.
The destruction looks fun, simplistic sure, but fun nonetheless.

And as RF:G doesn't come out until later next year, it really doesn't have my attention at all. :p

Also, iirc, Crysis has no destruction at all... their destruction is essentially pieces of metal sitting on top of a shack that can blow away.
Nothing more than physical objects sitting on top of another.
I don't recall being able to blow up entire buildings in Crysis, but then again I only played the demo and its sandbox editor.

I will most likely be getting this, if they dont **** up this up this could be a very awsome game, the only thing Im worried about is repetition, just by watching the gameplay videos I get a feeling that the same scenerios will be presented on every level.

When the guy was driving the red car it looked awesome as the other guy was watching him drive, looked like a cinematic from the non-drivers point of view.

Can't ****ing wait.

Shame co-op is limited area wise, despite the fact there's only 2 players max, there's still a limit on how far from your partner you can go in the game work, basically you and your partner are tied to eachother in a leash, very dissappointing when it comes to MP.. GTAIV pulls off 16p multiplayer no 'restraints' with a ton of NPCs and cars going around etc..

I thought it said in the video that you could get pretty far apart and do your own thing...

Fairly far but you're still restrained to a certain distance, don't remember the exact number but it sure as hell wasn't enough to cover like even 1/4th of the map..

^ Is that 'leash' present in the PC version as well?

1/4 of the map? Sounds decent to me. If you're on opposite sides of the map then why even call it coop?

Have they released the damn system reqs yet?!
It's a week away from release!

Recommended Configuration

Processor: Pentium Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz / AMD X2 4600+ 2.4 GHz
Memory : 2GB dual channel DDR RAM
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8600 / ATI Radeon HD2600
Video RAM: 512MB
Shader model: 3.0
Media: 8x Dual layer DVD-ROM
Hard Drive: 10GB install + save data
Sound: DX 9.0c compatible

Minimum Configuration For Windows Vista Systems

Service Pack: Windows Vista SP1
Processor: Pentium 4 with hyperthreading / AMD Athlon 64 X2
Memory : 2GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT / ATI Radeon ATI X1600
Video RAM: 256MB

Minimum Configuration For Windows XP Systems

Service Pack: Windows XP SP3
Processor: Pentium 4 with hyperthreading / AMD Athlon X2
Memory : 1GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT / ATI Radeon ATI X1600
Video RAM: 256MB

Not really, no. If you don't meet the minimum requirements, i pity you. Upgrade or get the console version.

Yeah but playing on the minimum sucks. So you should really have recommended if you want to play the game the ways its meant to be played.

I just really hope they release a demo.

I surpass the minimum in everything but the processor... hopefully it's not one of those games that won't even start without the proper stuff.(Assassin's Creed, I'm looking at you. :frown: )

Yeah but playing on the minimum sucks. So you should really have recommended if you want to play the game the ways its meant to be played.

He can try overclocking his system. It's not that hard. Maybe upgrade his ram at least. It's pretty cheap these days. I just don't understand how he can consider those settings "steep".

Hmm those three videos revitalized my interest in this game, just might re-order it..

One of your own countrymen is voicing the main character. Peter ****ing Stormare himself.
His wisecracks alone make the game worth purchasing.

Well I don't like Peter Stormare alot, he's an arrogant ****, but yeah he does have a pretty hardcore voice.

If anyone is buying this on release day, do post impressions!

Comes out in 3 days. :D

Have you guys seen that one commercial for this game? My dad has the song in it as a ringtone on his iPhone.

Looks like the PC version has been delayed until the 5th of September.

I imagine I won't be able to play this game on my PC?

Pentium 4 2.8ghz processor
3 gigs pc3200 DDR ram
Radeon x1950 pro 512 mb.

Back