Disarmonia Mundi
Alestorm
Finntroll
Korpiklaani
Sonic Syndicate

Rings a bell to anyone?:O
\M/

Nope ):
My metal is more like Chimaira, Shadows Fall, Bring Me The Horizon, Machine Head and Caliban

Ah yes, that is much harder/rougher then my kind of metal :p

Soilwork
Alestorm
Finntroll
Korpiklaani

\M/

These ones to.. also umm.....

Immortal
Slayer
Dimmu Borgir
Fear Factory
Dream Theater
Sonata Arctica
Borknagar
Vintersorg
Amon Amarth
Behemoth
Children of Bodom
Kreator
Jungle Rot
Testament
Opeth

etc.

Korpiklaani and Alestorm/Battleheart are pretty good.

If you like them you should check out Falkenbach(viking metal) and Rivendell(Tolkien inspired metal).

Oh wow, you posted Sybreed, that is my favorite band of all time.. mad props to you. Im a big fan of Industrial Groove Metal, so, my list.
Mnemic
Strapping Young Lad
Dagoba
Ananta
Hacride
Om Mani
Gojira
Meshuggah
The Mercury Arc
Thy Disease
Textures

lol at surrounding the word metal with ~~~~

Metaru kawaii desu~

Currently spinning: Krach by Nilhill. My only tolerance for black metal be that it a) be ridiculously gloomy, downbeat and/or dirty and crusty crossover, b) take sides with the more intellectual side of BM akin to Wolves in the Throne Room and c) come from the Hydra Head roster.

Also really enjoying the They Are Cowards demo from 2008. Filthy slow sludge from the UK. Wonderful.

You have good taste, except for some bands there like Fear Factory, Children Bodom and Dimmu Borgir. Try out Ulver, Arcturus, Fejd, Septicflesh, Ásmegin, Solefald, Bloodbath, Entombed, Decapitated, Melechesh, Dissection, Moonsorrow, Thyrfing, Summoning, and maybe Primordial... I think you'd enjoy them.

Ah dont diss the fear factory ho' bag :) I don't often listen to them but they are always good fun on a night out if your in any kind of metal club. They are one of the first metal bands I listened to back in the day so they are always aloud my my lists.

Ehg cant belive you don't like dimmu, they my fav band.

Oh nice one on the bloodbath, saw them at wacken about 4 years back now, ****ing incredible. I know most of the bands you posted, shall check out the ones I don't know.

The best Fear Factory albums are Concrete and Soul of a New Machine, but by best I mean ''were good when I was a kid and it was the heaviest thing I had heard''

They kinda pale in comparison to most other stuff now. All that said, I did use to like them an awful lot when I was younger. Caught them live, got to meet Byron of SYL which was probably the highlight though.

God dammit all this is metalcore (or -core, as there are so many different kinds), not metal.

Metal is like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, etc.

For **** sakes.

God dammit all this is metalcore (or -core, as there are so many different kinds), not metal.

For **** sakes.

hey...i did mention Iron Maiden, it's worth at least some cookie points, right?:imu:
Oh and Helloween is close.

actually i have no idea what metal-core means, brb...google

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmBk9rxu2Lk

...i see

I also want to say I'm not bashing the music, but metal like Maiden and them had the genre name first, this new stuff is NOT metal. They need to figure out their own god damn name for it.

I remember when metal required a bit more work than taking a shit on a 7 string Ibanez and howling like a moron.

Good times.

i do agree that metal core is mostly shit now that i know what it is

however i do listen to Melodic/power/gothic metal...is this metalcore also?

For **** sakes.

metalcore is metal. the hint is in the name.

the genre metal was tarnished as a throwaway generic term thanks to bands like iron maiden and metallica, it's become far more of an expansive and unique item since growing up from it's dull roots thesedays. time to move on.

Man you guys should listen to alarum. alarum is ****ing awesome. it's like a blend of post-hardcore, jazz fusion and technical death metal.

http://www.myspace.com/alarummusic

listen to receiver, velocity and woven imbalance. listen to those goddamn solos, holy crap..

the genre metal was tarnished as a throwaway generic term thanks to bands like iron maiden and metallica, it's become far more of an expansive and unique item since growing up from it's dull roots thesedays. time to move on.

Happycore, grindcore, powercore, it's the -core subgenre. Metalcore is just the most mainsream generic type of -core..

Happycore, grindcore, powercore, it's the -core subgenre. Metalcore is just the most mainsream generic type of -core..

it's still metal.

metal is a very broad characteristic, and furthermore i don't see why it matters. i would really hate to be in the mindset that metal has to be bands like you suggested. thinking like that must be so boring.

it's fail metal, anything with "core" in the name is just fail. Little pricks trying to ride the wave of the legacy of metal.

it's fail metal, anything with "core" in the name is just fail. Little pricks trying to ride the wave of the legacy of metal.

okay, you try telling that to black flag, minor threat and sick of it all and the rest of the hardcore punk and metal movement, back... well, some 20 + years ago i guess. the hardcore legacy probably lives on longer then far more metal bands then people would care to be interested in.

i've seen some of the metal you listen to, converge pretty much wipe the floor and send it all packing two-fold and they were considered an early metalcore band back in the early 90's. know what you're talking about before classing it all as little pricks trying to wide some bullshit wave.

Yeah no, Metallica sure, but where the **** are you getting Iron Maiden from? Having metal in the name =!= metal.

no, iron maiden were a frontrunner for metal for how many years. there's no dispute in arguing that they're a long old fossil constantly flogging the already beaten, rotted and maggot infested corpse that is rock and/or metal music, or at least the pathetic standard of what people expect metal music to be these days.

it's about time we were rid ourelves of these dinosaur fossils and opened up our horizons to something new. i'm all for it personally.

i'm not sure where you got the having metal in your name =/= metal from. one of my favourite bands is called ISIS, ffs.

How many metal threads are there going to be, guys?

One for each subgenre.

Because there are so many.

That's the joke.

Back